• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys openly tamper on Adrian Peterson, League will of course do nothing...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is tampering, then there are other teams guilty too. I know the Cardinals beat reporter ran a similar AP article on the Cardinals team website a few week ago. I am sure other teams have too.

To me, this isn't tampering.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is tampering, then there are other teams guilty too. I know the Cardinals beat reporter ran a similar AP article on the Cardinals team website a few week ago. I am sure other teams have too.

To me, this isn't tampering.
the heart of the rule is essentially no sneaky back alley attempts to pry a player away.

its gotten out of hand IMO...but...if its on a teams site, i think its bad for business.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampering by website? I don't think so.
this is the policy:

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009 NFL Anti-Tampering Policy.pdf

Definition: The term tampering, as used within the National Football League, refers to any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.

NFL Players. No club, nor any person employed by or otherwise affiliated with a club, is permitted to tamper with a player who is under contract to or whose exclusive negotiating rights are held by another club. The following provisions amplify and clarify this general policy concerning NFL players: ƒ

Example of Tampering. The following chain of events is enumerated here as one example of a violation of the policy against tampering with another club’s players: 1. A club’s representative, or a third-party intermediary of that club (Club A), is involved in a private meeting or conversation with a player (or his representative) who is under contract to, or whose negotiating rights are held by, another club (Club B); and 2. The League obtains substantiation that after or during the above contact with the player, Club A has stated, publicly or privately, its interest in obtaining his services (see “Public/Private Statements” below); and 3. Contract problems or other disputes subsequently arise between the player and Club B (for example, the player’s failure to report on time to Club B). In circumstances like those of the example above, tampering will be found even in the absence of a demonstrated cause-and-effect relationship between the player’s contract problems and his prior involvement with the other club. In other words, a club will not be able to defend a tampering charge in these circumstances by asserting that its private contact with a player (or the player’s representative) did not involve any expression of interest in the player or was not related in any way to the player’s subsequent contract problem with his club.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the heart of the rule is essentially no sneaky back alley attempts to pry a player away.

its gotten out of hand IMO...but...if its on a teams site, i think its bad for business.

The team has very little control over the actual team website. I guess you could qualify them as employees but they are just like any other reporter around the league. Can't fault the team for what a reporter says. Throw in people have just gotten too sensitive about this whole tampering thing in my opinion. A coach can't even comment on a player of another team in fear of it coming back to bite them. If a reporter asks a coach if they would like to have JJ Watt on their team what coach would actually say no? Of course every team would love to have the best defensive player in the league. If he says that though all of a sudden it is tampering. Just like the Jets saying they would love to have Revis just recently before he was released by the Patriots. What team wouldn't want one of the best corners in the league? It is so stupid in my opinion that people are all up in arms for somebody even thinking about wanting one of the best players in the league.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of this matters anyway...jerry jones' party bus just pulled into a hooters with dean blandino again.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the policy:

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009 NFL Anti-Tampering Policy.pdf

Definition: The term tampering, as used within the National Football League, refers to any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.

NFL Players. No club, nor any person employed by or otherwise affiliated with a club, is permitted to tamper with a player who is under contract to or whose exclusive negotiating rights are held by another club. The following provisions amplify and clarify this general policy concerning NFL players: ƒ

Example of Tampering. The following chain of events is enumerated here as one example of a violation of the policy against tampering with another club’s players: 1. A club’s representative, or a third-party intermediary of that club (Club A), is involved in a private meeting or conversation with a player (or his representative) who is under contract to, or whose negotiating rights are held by, another club (Club B); and 2. The League obtains substantiation that after or during the above contact with the player, Club A has stated, publicly or privately, its interest in obtaining his services (see “Public/Private Statements” below); and 3. Contract problems or other disputes subsequently arise between the player and Club B (for example, the player’s failure to report on time to Club B). In circumstances like those of the example above, tampering will be found even in the absence of a demonstrated cause-and-effect relationship between the player’s contract problems and his prior involvement with the other club. In other words, a club will not be able to defend a tampering charge in these circumstances by asserting that its private contact with a player (or the player’s representative) did not involve any expression of interest in the player or was not related in any way to the player’s subsequent contract problem with his club.

so unless whoever runs the website has had contact with AP, I don't see where slapping something on a website constitutes tampering.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so unless whoever runs the website has had contact with AP, I don't see where slapping something on a website constitutes tampering.
how does one define "contact"?

if AP reads this, isnt that indirect contact by an employee?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does one define "contact"?

if AP reads this, isnt that indirect contact by an employee?

"A club’s representative, or a third-party intermediary of that club (Club A), is involved in a private meeting or conversation with a player (or his representative) who is under contract to, or whose negotiating rights are held by, another club (Club B);"

splashing something on a website will not be considered having a meeting or conversation, even if the webmaster of the site is somehow considered a third-party intermediary of the club.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WebsiteGate

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampering? Did a team official write the article? What's next a Cowboy fan on a message Board says we'd be a SB contender with Aaron Rodgers and we look at that as tampering???

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has very little control over the actual team website. I guess you could qualify them as employees but they are just like any other reporter around the league. Can't fault the team for what a reporter says. Throw in people have just gotten too sensitive about this whole tampering thing in my opinion. A coach can't even comment on a player of another team in fear of it coming back to bite them. If a reporter asks a coach if they would like to have JJ Watt on their team what coach would actually say no? Of course every team would love to have the best defensive player in the league. If he says that though all of a sudden it is tampering. Just like the Jets saying they would love to have Revis just recently before he was released by the Patriots. What team wouldn't want one of the best corners in the league? It is so stupid in my opinion that people are all up in arms for somebody even thinking about wanting one of the best players in the league.

Disagree about the comments Woody Johnson made. Even Florio considers his comments as open and shut tampering.

“Darrelle is a great player, and if I thought I could have gotten Darrelle for [what the Patriots paid], I probably would’ve taken him,” Johnson said, via the Boston Herald. “And it was our best judgment to do what we did. Darrelle is a great player. I’d love for Darrelle to come back.”

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampering? Did a team official write the article? What's next a Cowboy fan on a message Board says we'd be a SB contender with Aaron Rodgers and we look at that as tampering???

By being a Cowboy fan and mentioning the name Rodgers and Cowboys in the same sentence, you just cost your team their 1st round pick.

Way to go.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would i "forget" that?

hmmmmm

cuz...maybe...a counterpoint is not tampering?

i dunno...

And neither is the "point" portion of the argument...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By being a Cowboy fan and mentioning the name Rodgers and Cowboys in the same sentence, you just cost your team their 1st round pick.

Way to go.
:doh: I f'ed up. Can someone delete this thread real quick!!!