• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Draft

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams - Goff
Cleveland - Tunsil
SD - Ramsey
Then what do the Cowboys do?
Dallas Wentz
Wentz - Bosa - Elliot Buckner ?

I take Wentz and never look back

Rams -Wentz
Cleveland - Goff
SD - Tunsil

I take Ramsey and don't look back

Rams Wentz
Cleveland Tunsil
SD Ramsey
Dallas Goff
Goff and don't look back

Rams Goff
Browns Wentz
SD Ramsey
Dallas Trade back for Elliot and take Cook and Joseph or Jackson in the 2nd

Who knows what will happen

guessing at best

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I dont watch much college football outside of the SEC. I am big on NFL football. I am just curious what is the infatuation with Ramsey. From what I have read & heard he is not a playmaker & @ #4 that is a must. The Boyz just drafted a CB who is better @ safety. I dont think a safety is worth the #4 pick unless he has Ed Reed or Troy P skills. I would rather draft a QB or trade back & get Elliot. Myles Jacks was my favorite but do to medical concern he is no longer a option @ 4.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your scenarios are good if Dallas' top 3 players are the 2 QBs and Ramsey. I'm not so sure that's the case, but it could be. Personally I'd be fine with any of the above. In the last scenario I probably just take Tunsil unless the team has confidence in Green as our future RT. If they see him more a swing guy I grab Tunsil and have our line set for a long time, including Leary and Green as backups. But I don't see Ramsey going in the top 3. If we want him he is ours IMO. Not sure he is quite a #4 pick in the draft talent, but when you look at all of these guys they all seem to have some questions. Still about 10 guys I'd be happy with at 4 and probably 15 I wouldn't get upset over us picking. Would love to be a fly on the wall when they are setting their draft board and hear who they like as well as who they don't, and why...

IMO our best chances to get a great trade back offer would be if one of the QBs is there or Tunsil.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how crazy his long term salary demands would be, but what about the Jets first rounder, Wlikerson and maybe their 4th for #4??? Would solve a lot of our problems and still have plenty of picks to fix other issues. Would of course require a QB to be on board at #4 that the Jets love.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows especially if Trader Jerry gets involved

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows is right...
but since we're all just throwing our opinions out.
Tunsil and Ramsey are far and away the best football players rated to be drafted at the top of his draft. With health, both IMO are sure fire all pro's and impact players. Ramsey is a star just waiting to happen.

no middle of the road with my opinion. Write it down and tell me all about it three years from now

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but since we're all just throwing our opinions out.
Tunsil and Ramsey are far and away the best football players rated to be drafted at the top of his draft. With health, both IMO are sure fire all pro's and impact players. Ramsey is a star just waiting to happen.

no middle of the road with my opinion. Write it down and tell me all about it three years from now

Enlightenment me on Ramsey. I cant get past the only 3 interceptions in 3yrs. Do you see him as a shutdown NFL CB?

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enlightenment me on Ramsey. I cant get past the only 3 interceptions in 3yrs. Do you see him as a shutdown NFL CB?
6'1 with great ball skills and a willing tackler. I think he's a game changing safety with cornerback skills like a modern day Mel Renfro. I think it's the type of player he is that brings the value to the #4 slot, not the position he plays. Ramsey is the best pick at 4 we could make for immediate impact

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'1 with great ball skills and a willing tackler. I think he's a game changing safety with cornerback skills like a modern day Mel Renfro. I think it's the type of player he is that brings the value to the #4 slot, not the position he plays. Ramsey is the best pick at 4 we could make for immediate impact

So you have him lining up next to Byron Jones @ Safety? I just think one of them needs to line up @ CB or Ramsey @ 4 is redundant.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Refro one of my favorite Cowboys. If he turns out to be that I hope it's with Dallas.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have him lining up next to Byron Jones @ Safety? I just think one of them needs to line up @ CB or Ramsey @ 4 is redundant.
I don't think I'd ever want Ramsey to line up deeper than 10 yards off the line. He is not a free safety rover, he is an eye reading, man cover corner in the body of a safety. He should be in the box almost all the time to take advantage of his athletic prowess. With him, we could play Scandrick outside on occasion or permanently.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best case scenario is a trade back with 9ers & take Elliot or Hargreaves

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm
My best case scenario is a trade back with 9ers & take Elliot or Hargreaves
I'm with you that Ramsey is an unknown with underwhelming stats, but I have bought in on him as being the best player in the draft just me buying into the media hype. Where I disagree with you is, I believe that Zeke is the best offensive player in the draft. No way he makes it to 9.I think we at least have to move to the 7th spot. Personally I think you don't tempt fate. You take him at 4 if you think he's the biggest impact player in the draft. Having a strategy is great unless you out think your self and fail. Sometimes you just have to take your guy when he's available.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm

I'm with you that Ramsey is an unknown with underwhelming stats, but I have bought in on him as being the best player in the draft just me buying into the media hype. Where I disagree with you is, I believe that Zeke is the best offensive player in the draft. No way he makes it to 9.I think we at least have to move to the 7th spot. Personally I think you don't tempt fate. You take him at 4 if you think he's the biggest impact player in the draft. Having a strategy is great unless you out think your self and fail. Sometimes you just have to take your guy when he's available.

I agree you cannot move back to 9. If TB or Baltimore wants to jump J-Ville that's as far as you temp the waters if Elliott is who the team wants. I'm not looking to draft a RB that early but if we did and got another top 100 pick, I'd be smiling.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm

The 9ers have the 7th pick. I should have said 49ers. ...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm

I would not take Elliott myself (but would be totally fine if the team did) but I totally agree with this anmd don't understand why people keep saying things like this. I probably say this a thousand times an offseason, but it's "mock draft thinking". If we think a guy is the best pick we need to take him or risk losing him. Mel Kiper and the other "gurus" don't pick after us, another NFL team that may also think he is the best pick does...

You trade back when you don't have a player in mind, get bowled over by a great offer or like a bunch of guys the same. You don't ever trade back with one player in mind thinking you are going to outsmart everyone and get him as well as some picks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw trading down unless we r*pe somebody. pick either ramsey,elliot or wentz.