• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elliot would break Murray's record behind this line

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take Ramsey at 4, you have to view him as a corner. JMO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take Ramsey at 4, you have to view him as a corner. JMO
I think you do as well and that most likely is where he plays for the first couple of seasons. With the way the game is now....one could argue having the best young pair of safeties could go a long ways in defending the passing game. I've always thought it more about what you believe the talent is than the position he plays. To me....that certainly applies to Ramsey.

with regards to Elliot. I won't be pissed but I sure don't see this team doing that. I think they spoke last off season when they low balled murray. I think the Alfred Morris signing confirms the commitment to by committee since neither mcfaden, nor morris will be filling any special team lanes this season. I don't see Dallas throwing even 1.8M out the window. I can make the case for QB at 4....but not RB

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to have someone to guard against Odell for the next decade. Seeing Ramsey and Byron Jones in the secondary for the foreseeable future is very tempting.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ten different ways to get to the pick you want well maybe only 9 with the LA trade but all could be right. Like Pday said we just need to hit on 4 players
He is not a sleeper but Ronald Blair in the 4th with the comp pick is a guy I would really like to see Jerry and Company land

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you stay true to your board if you're Dallas.
I don't think their board has QB in the top 5. Bout the only thing that would piss me off would be Dallas trade up and take QB....otherwise I can live with the pick and the thinking behind it. I remain convinced and would sprint to the podium if Ramsey were there after 3 selections

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will second that. But if Ramsey is taken, I think I take the other impact defender in Jack. It would be tough to pass up Tunsil, but I just don't see the need to draft him. Some of the versatility Ramsey offers a team, Jack also offers. I may be more of a risk taker than our front office. I just see the depth of this draft being in the trenches, and I just can't pick a reason to take one at #4 when I can get a damn good one at 34. I'd feel worse for passing on Tunsil than I do Buckner or Bosa.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just started hoping for Goff to be there when the Rams made the trade. Since it sounds like the Rams will take Goff and who knows what the Browns do I've come around to hoping for Ramsey. Then d line in 2nd rb in 3rd. Jack worries me for obvious reasons. If he is ok he is a great player if not the pick is a whiff. Big risk on him. Enough iffy knees on this team already.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will second that. But if Ramsey is taken, I think I take the other impact defender in Jack. It would be tough to pass up Tunsil, but I just don't see the need to draft him. Some of the versatility Ramsey offers a team, Jack also offers. I may be more of a risk taker than our front office. I just see the depth of this draft being in the trenches, and I just can't pick a reason to take one at #4 when I can get a damn good one at 34. I'd feel worse for passing on Tunsil than I do Buckner or Bosa.
If Green is the future at RT you are correct and taking him doesn't maximize value so this would not be the smartest pick. But if the team does not feel Green is in the plans as a starter then there is definitely a "need" for Tunsil. Free is about done. A Cornerstone T is a very important and expensive piece.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ten different ways to get to the pick you want well maybe only 9 with the LA trade but all could be right. Like Pday said we just need to hit on 4 players
He is not a sleeper but Ronald Blair in the 4th with the comp pick is a guy I would really like to see Jerry and Company land
When was the last time we hit on 4 players? You hope #4 is a year one starter, #34 is a contributor (or hopefully starter) and take it from there. We could hit on 6 or none. Especially if you take QB you lessen your chances for a year 1 impact sans injury.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time we hit on 4 players? You hope #4 is a year one starter, #34 is a contributor (or hopefully starter) and take it from there. We could hit on 6 or none. Especially if you take QB you lessen your chances for a year 1 impact sans injury.
not saying it will happen but it would be nice if we could get that done.

I think Jimmy was in charge last time we did that a long time ago

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the number is 3...4 only if QB is taken in the first 3 rounds. I have little question Dallas can land 3 impact players in this draft due to picking at the top of each round

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying it will happen but it would be nice if we could get that done.

I think Jimmy was in charge last time we did that a long time ago
:lol:Probably!!! Good thing is we are picking so early that it makes each pick that much easier to hit on. Plus the supplemental picks help too.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005 draft was decent