• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys better start scouting college QB’s

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing Dez and Witten the same season, that's going to hurt most QBs that are not totally established.

He was average at best WITH those 2 last year IMO. He needs that line at full strength, otherwise he tends to rush things.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak won in GB about his 4rth game. GB has won the last 2 in Dallas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are correct. IIRC Dak has played well in all the games against the Packers.

...vs the #22 overall defense the past 2 years. Doesn't equate him to Rodgers by any stretch.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though - how many true #1 WRs are out there. I’m counting about 10-12

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It took some going through some really dumb posts, but heres skip bayless basically saying Dak is better than Aaron Rodgers

He's a huge Cowboys homer. They're about as much America's team as the Atlanta Braves. Outdated term.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...vs the #22 overall defense the past 2 years. Doesn't equate him to Rodgers by any stretch.

Very true. The playoff game - the Packers might as well had me playing CB. Atlanta hammered them the next week.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are correct. IIRC Dak has played well in all the games against the Packers.
Yea well its the Packers defense what would you expect?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hey Dez, so I'm thinking of branching out and buying the Philadelphia Eagles...":heh:

Well, he probably does wish he owned a professional football team. But the champs are not for sale.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not saying Dak is anywhere near the level of Rodgers. Just stating that he played well during the Packers game. Right now Dak is no better than Nick Foles.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak ain't the problem.
It's those two gay assclowns Jerruh and Garret. Jerruh is the reason no good coach will come there and he knows it. The rest is a manifestation of that one fact.
As long as Jerruh owns the team this will be the result.
As a lifelong ( 54 year ) fan, that sucks.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak ain't the problem.
It's those two gay assclowns Jerruh and Garret. Jerruh is the reason no good coach will come there and he knows it. The rest is a manifestation of that one fact.
As long as Jerruh owns the team this will be the result.
As a lifelong ( 54 year ) fan, that sucks.

Well the good news is your owner is a Hell of a lot older than my owner.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon Collins comes out and actually says stopping Zeke and putting the ball in Dak's hands gives the Giants a good chance to win. Now this is not news to anyone. I have been saying this since his rookie season but this is the first time I have heard an opponent come out and say this before they played them.

Watching Skip Bayless implode over this was hillarious. He will make any excuse for the Cowboys...especially Dak. Now most of use here are complete homers and don't deny it. We tend to make excuse after excuse even if we know it is probably bullshit. Hey....we are loyal to a fault but Skip....takes his homerism to epic stupidity. Here are some of his actual quotes when defending Dak.

These are word for word actual quotes right out of his mouth:

"I am sure the Green Bay Packers they came into Jerryworld and said we got to make Dak beat us and he did beat them. Not on the scoreboard but he beat them because he dramatically outplayed Aaron Rodgers."

"Then the L. A. Rams come in and say we gotta make Dak beat us and he beat them not on the scoreboard but he lit them up."

Can't make this shit up....ROFL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Dak is anywhere near the level of Rodgers. Just stating that he played well during the Packers game. Right now Dak is no better than Nick Foles.

It was more of a rebuttal of Skip's ridiculous statement, not yours.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon Collins comes out and actually says stopping Zeke and putting the ball in Dak's hands gives the Giants a good chance to win. Now this is not news to anyone. I have been saying this since his rookie season but this is the first time I have heard an opponent come out and say this before they played them.

Watching Skip Bayless implode over this was hillarious. He will make any excuse for the Cowboys...especially Dak. Now most of use here are complete homers and don't deny it. We tend to make excuse after excuse even if we know it is probably bullshit. Hey....we are loyal to a fault but Skip....takes his homerism to epic stupidity. Here are some of his actual quotes when defending Dak.

These are word for word actual quotes right out of his mouth:

"I am sure the Green Bay Packers they came into Jerryworld and said we got to make Dak beat us and he did beat them. Not on the scoreboard but he beat them because he dramatically outplayed Aaron Rodgers."

"Then the L. A. Rams come in and say we gotta make Dak beat us and he beat them not on the scoreboard but he lit them up."

Can't make this shit up....ROFL

Lot of truth in this article.

Barnwell: How the Cowboys are wasting the NFL's most valuable contract

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that article earlier and I agree. There is a whole lot of truth in it.

Dak went from a QB having team with some of the best weapons to a team having some of the worst weapons.

Exactly my point...I understand they've paid the OL guys and have some young DEF players. Today, the Cowboys don't have anyone that is going to force a DEF to respect the deep ball. Every week, the DC should be bringing 8 down in the box and manning up on the outside...if so DAL is going to have trouble logging 250 yds a game!

We can say what we want about Dak's game, but he's got little to no proven help.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is your owner is a Hell of a lot older than my owner.
Yeah, but there are a whole bunch just behind him lined up to take over...

1471278403-jerry-dance.jpg

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point...I understand they've paid the OL guys and have some young DEF players. Today, the Cowboys don't have anyone that is going to force a DEF to respect the deep ball. Every week, the DC should be bringing 8 down in the box and manning up on the outside...if so DAL is going to have trouble logging 250 yds a game!

We can say what we want about Dak's game, but he's got little to no proven help.

I agree with you. I have always been an advocate of weapons for the QB position. There have been very few QB's in the history of the NFL that were so good they made their weak weapons better. Dak may have the tools but his rookie season was too easy. Zeke rushed for 1000 yards on 1st down. That means that Dak rarely had to deal with 2nd/3rd and long. For lack of a better word it was Madden easy. Now he has to learn the ins and outs of the QB position. It's as if this season is his true sophmore season and sadly he has shit on the outside to work with.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but there are a whole bunch just behind him lined up to take over...

1471278403-jerry-dance.jpg

and from the media snippets I hear from him Stephen Jones is just like him.