• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start draft discussions now that the Broncos are eliminated from playoffs.

Nix is 6’2”, 217, 24 years old by draft

Stats for this year 40 TDs, 3 INTs

77% completion, 4,145 yards

Seeing that we will be in the teens, seems like a potential target.

Thoughts by those who follow college prospects closer than me?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start draft discussions now that the Broncos are eliminated from playoffs.

Nix is 6’2”, 217, 24 years old by draft

Stats for this year 40 TDs, 3 INTs

77% completion, 4,145 yards

Seeing that we will be in the teens, seems like a potential target.

Thoughts by those who follow college prospects closer than me?
You just going to forget the auburn years?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite QB in the draft - he makes very good decisions - throws an accurate and catchable ball - can make all the passes - and runs like a top RB. He is a human specimen, but what stands out is his football situation decision making.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has that Mac Jones vibe. i would pass.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comparison to Jones. I think his physical skill set is better all around, but he really wasn't much of a qb until he transferred to Oregon.

I'd probably rather have McCarthy, but Bo did put some great film on against Liberty.

Other than Maye and Williams, nobody will likely come in as a rookie and look better than Wilson or Stidham.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comparison to Jones. I think his physical skill set is better all around, but he really wasn't much of a qb until he transferred to Oregon.

I'd probably rather have McCarthy, but Bo did put some great film on against Liberty.

Other than Maye and Williams, nobody will likely come in as a rookie and look better than Wilson or Stidham.
what i would like to see from
JJ is an really good game throwing the ball in the playoff game.

like CJ vs Georgia last year

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather see the Broncos land Daniels or Penix. I kind of agree with the Nix/Mac Jones comparison.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather see the Broncos land Daniels or Penix. I kind of agree with the Nix/Mac Jones comparison.
Would you rather take McCarthy if both those guys were gone and we were definitely taking a QB?

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not his fault. Gus didn’t know what the hell he was doing with quarterbacks not named Cam Newton. He never should have come to Auburn and wouldn’t have struggled the way he did at basically any other school.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did tonight do that for you?
idk not as a first rounder. like his leadership ability at the end. if Payton wanted him i would be excited to know Payton has someone he likes and believes in

guy i like is Penix. moves around pocket extremely well, wants to play from the pocket and hits the WRs in stride

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate seeing Bo Nix on our squad. Would he push Stidham for a starting role? If the Broncos draft a QB in round 1 I'm of the mindset they go all in on that player and start them.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk not as a first rounder. like his leadership ability at the end. if Payton wanted him i would be excited to know Payton has someone he likes and believes in

guy i like is Penix. moves around pocket extremely well, wants to play from the pocket and hits the WRs in stride
Injuries scare me off him big time. Missed two different years with ACL injuries- 2 of them and then two other years with shoulder joint injuries.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix's injuries concern me too. I'm not as high on him as some at the NFL level but he has been fantastic the last two years at the college level. Not anti Penix either. He was made out of glass at Indiana but he has stayed healthy when Washington made him run a lot less.

I think we need to be VERY careful to not just take a QB this year to take a QB. The class is really top heavy this year. However, the class is going to be pretty good next year too. Not that I want to suck and get one of the top guys next year but I don't want to suck and get the wrong QB this year.

Next years class to name a few. Georgia QB Carson Beck, Colorado QB Shedur Sanders, PSU QB Drew Allar, Texas QB Quinn Ewers, Clemson QB Cade Klubnik (wasn't not all that impressed this year but he has great tools and could take that leap from his first year starting to his second and he will be draft eligible. Assuming McCarthy declares. SMU QB Preston Stone, Soon to be FSU QB DJ Ugilwhatever could take another leap forward as a QB. Very talented entering the college scene has gotten better little by little. Don't see him as a top guy right now but you never know. Texas A&M QB Connor Weigman seemed to take a leap early last year then went out for the season. Not sure Jalen Milroe will make a mighty leap as a passer so not really including him on this list. Oregon QB Dillon Gabriel.

Washington State QB Cam Ward did declare. Figured he would come back but he is now in this years draft class. Tulane QB Michael Pratt also declared and will give this years class a little more depth to it.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee QB Nico Iamaleava. Remember the name. He will be the next highly talked about QB in the draft world. Only a FR and started his first game today with Joe Milton opting out but he is going to be considered a generational QB when all is said and done. Stash that name in your head right now. He should be special.

Will be interesting to see how USC QB Miller Moss, Oregon QB Dante Moore, Transfer Portal (former USC) QB Malachi Nelson and Oklahoma QB Jackson Arnold develop over the years...

Two other QB's in the draft next year. Ole Miss QB Jackson Dart and Notre Dame QB Riley Leonard. Right now I am not sure they are good enough passers to include with the Beck, Sanders, Allar, Ewers, Klubnik etc down the line but they are both solid runners and saw growth last year in Dart as a passer and Leonard will be in an offense this year that will allow him to grow a bit more as a passer. Will be interesting to watch how they develop this year as well in their final season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the Ravens forget Lamar Jackson's first two years as a passer at Louisville? Good thing they took development into consideration or else they wouldn't likely be staring at the #1 seed this year and possible two time MVP of the NFL.

Nix is what he is. He developed and he has now done it for two years.

I'm not SUPER sold on the guy but he has been great for two years now. QB's do get better over time when we are talking about college development. Not that Kenny Pickett is setting the NFL on fire but he was terrible up until his covid SR year at Pitt. He did a complete 360 as a passer. Players do get better and that is what Nix has done.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I want to stress the most about Bo Nix - is he makes good decisions - which is why he had only 3 interceptions this season. Today - on 4 times - he sized up a play as not working - raced to the hash marks and heaved the ball out of bounds. Game situations and clock management - he can do those things. Too often we evaluate QBs based on their arm strength or escape ability, but making good decisions is what makes NFL careers.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix doesn't look 6'2" out there, but neither does Zach Wilson, who Nix sort of reminds me of .... Wilson and Johnny Manziel and Colt McCoy or Chase Daniels or Tyrod Taylor.. guys who can look good on tape against some competition, but, for a few reasons, can't cut it as starters in the NFL

This time last year, a whole heck of a lot of people were calling Bryce Young a generational talent, a can't miss, etc ... I never understood that with Young, he had BUST written all over him .. I don;t know how else to describe it, but guys like Nix and Bryce Young "play small" to my eye .. They lack a commanding presence and it doesn;t really translate to the NFL - unless the guy is exceptional between the ears ....

Not really excited about most the QBs this year

Last edited:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he push Stidham for a starting role?

Anyone that isn’t Jamarcus Russell would push Stidham for a starting role. A guy that’s statistically comparable to Paxton Lynch should not be seen as a starter going into a season.