• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys better start scouting college QB’s

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Communism? The comparison makes zero sense.

And yes the richest teams could buy up the necessary talent. No team is going to get pro-bowlers at every position but they could fill the key positions with the best talent.
He lives in Canada, pay him no mind.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The richest couldn't buy up all the talent.

I guess you like communism too?
The Cowboys & Niners were doing just that before they created the Cap.
In fact some might argue these two teams were a primary reason it was invented.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Communism? The comparison makes zero sense.

And yes the richest teams could buy up the necessary talent. No team is going to get pro-bowlers at every position but they could fill the key positions with the best talent.

As soon as you artificially make all things equal it might as well be communism.

there are still teams that suck and teams that are more less consistently good.

No team van have all the talent, and no team can guarantee players health.

Kill the cap.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Allen could. It would ruin the game. You’re just for it cause Dallas is super rich. Jacksonville, Baltimore, Arizona, etc etc all down the shitter... forever

No he couldn't.

How many QBs could he have? Lots to go around. TB wouldn't sit to be Rodgers back up, etc.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys & Niners were doing just that before they created the Cap.
In fact some might argue these two teams were a primary reason it was invented.

There was still a draft. And the Minny trade.

Anybody could have tried to acquire a Haley or a Sanders.

I don't recall them having gobs more talent. They just made better use of it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he couldn't.

How many QBs could he have? Lots to go around. TB wouldn't sit to be Rodgers back up, etc.....
You do understand he wont have to fill his team with 53 Probowlers dont you.
Rodgers, 4 pro bowl OLmen, Bell, AB, and ODB on offense would be an unbeatable Offense. On D you stack the line 6 deep, a prowler at LB and 3 probowlers in the defensive backfield and you are heavy favorites to buy the SB.

As a Cowboys fan I hate the cap, as a football fan I love the cap.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was still a draft. And the Minny trade.

Anybody could have tried to acquire a Haley or a Sanders.

I don't recall them having gobs more talent. They just made better use of it.

The 99s Cowboys was stacked with talent and Jerry was more than willing to pay to keep that talent in Dalkas.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as you artificially make all things equal it might as well be communism.

there are still teams that suck and teams that are more less consistently good.

No team van have all the talent, and no team can guarantee players health.

Kill the cap.

The argument about communism is ridiculous. We are talking about business and that is what the NFL is. The teams that suck are because they are clueless. I am going to use the Cowboys as an example. They are the richest team in the NFL and worth the most money. They have not won a Superbowl because of the management of the team not because of he Salary cap. Another Example will be the 49ers. Their lack of recent championships is because of their inability to properly manage the team.

Your entire argument lacks merit. Instead of arguing for the cap to go away you should argue that the Cowboys front office goes away.

oh....and one more thing. In today's NFL having the right coaching staff is almost as important as the right players.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument about communism is ridiculous. We are talking about business and that is what the NFL is. The teams that suck are because they are clueless. I am going to use the Cowboys as an example. They are the richest team in the NFL and worth the most money. They have not won a Superbowl because of the management of the team not because of he Salary cap. Another Example will be the 49ers. Their lack of recent championships is because of their inability to properly manage the team.

Your entire argument lacks merit. Instead of arguing for the cap to go away you should argue that the Cowboys front office goes away.

oh....and one more thing. In today's NFL having the right coaching staff is almost as important as the right players.

I really don't give t tinkers damn if you agree with me or not. Artificially making things equal might as well be communism. Everybody suffers equally.

No team could have all the good players. No great player would want to be a back up. They want to play and catch balls and make sacks.

Your argument lacks merit.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't give t tinkers damn if you agree with me or not. Artificially making things equal might as well be communism. Everybody suffers equally.

No team could have all the good players. No great player would want to be a back up. They want to play and catch balls and make sacks.

Your argument lacks merit.

Definition of communism: a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

The NFL and it's salary cap is not even remotely close to that. To make a comparison of the two is just stupid.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure Dak is all that bad nor is he a Brady or Rodgers either . I think he could be better than serviceable at worst if Dallas had a coaching staff that knew what they were doing on offense. Dak is not a classic dropback pocket passer like Brady or Rodgers or Aikman and he does not have Wentz's arm (best QB pick by Philly ever IMHO ) etc he needs a game plan geared to his skill set and for whatever reason our coaching staff just consistently steps in cow manure when setting it up and then cant or wont adjust as needed.
Move Dak to say the Rams and I honestly think McVay would make Dak Shine not like Brady or Rodgers but McVay would get the best out of Dak. I have low confidence our coaching staff will get it done.

Might be a long Season in Dallas with a possible Coaching change in January
Who will take the Job I bet more than some of Y'all think will consider it
JMHO

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of communism: a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

The NFL and it's salary cap is not even remotely close to that. To make a comparison of the two is just stupid.

Again, I don't care. be hung up on one thing.

Quote all the definitions you wish.

It's a system designed to keep things even steven.

And it's a loser option. Which explains why the Chets love it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, Dak might be a fraud. He has not shown the ability to carry a team, or generate even average NFL offense, when he doesn't have dominant O-line play.
I said this last year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 99s Cowboys was stacked with talent and Jerry was more than willing to pay to keep that talent in Dallas.
That seems like ancient history now.