• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys better start scouting college QB’s

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i remember hearing from cowboys fans during his 2016 rookie season how they were so happy to be rid of Tony Romo and that Dak was going to be able to take them to the promised land and Romo couldn't .... oh well, i guess we just know different cowboy fans.
think it was just the same few just saying it over & over again.
There were romo haters out there, just the majority of cowboy fans knew Romo was better but always injured.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may have been the case early on but as the season progressed many Cowboys fans not only had him as better than Romo but as one of the best QB's in the NFL.
I know a lot were saying he needed to be the starter going forward, but that is a little different than saying he was a better QB than Romo.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ei3S7HO.png

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had better hope their revitalised defense wins them a few.

I had them pegged for 8-8 to 9-7 initially...I'm not ready to change that for the better or worse yet. But just looking at their roster, I'm not sure why they let Dez go...I don't see the production guys to make up for him.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had them pegged for 8-8 to 9-7 initially...I'm not ready to change that for the better or worse yet. But just looking at their roster, I'm not sure why they let Dez go...I don't see the production guys to make up for him.
Dez wasnt producing either. Dont know why people give him so much credit.
Hell they werent even double covering him.
They would double the speedy Witten & the huge Beasley.
They were afraid of Beasley more than Dez!!! I wish people would stop acting like Dez was a true #1 receiver last year. He sucked! & sure in the fuck not worth 10 mil.

Still not sure why they let Dez go? :scratch:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is slow and he stopped working hard. He has the talent to be better than what he is and it was obvious he just did not care. He only wanted to collect checks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I think that needs to be asked is what do the Cowboys do next year if he does not improve. This is year 3 for Dak and the question now is do they pay him or draft another QB. If he performs poorly this year don't be surprised if he is cut this off season.
First off Dak is not a FA after this year so they won't extend him unless he stands on his head and plays unbelievably well and they have no reason to make a decision on him at any point this year regardless of how he plays. The have 31 more games to watch before they have to make up their minds.

Secondly, better than what? Week 1? I suspect he'll play better than that if nothing else he gets some snaps under his belt after barely playing in the preseason and hopefully not having over half of their drives killed by penalties or sacks. Better than the games last year where neither OT practiced for about 2 months because they were banged up, T Smith missed 4 games and Zeke missed 6 games? I suspect he plays better than that also. Better than year 1? Can't say I suspect that based on what we've seen lately, but if he does play better than that he'll own a mansion and a yacht like Elmer J Fudd...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets a lifetime contract
It's going to be tough watching Darnold for the next 10 years knowing he was right there for the taking...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas QB situation has me wondering if they jumped the gun with putting Dak in there when Tony still had gas in the tank. IMO, would have played Romo for another year or two before doing that. And, if you add the loss of Witten, and a more average OL, Cowboys are in trouble.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i remember hearing from cowboys fans during his 2016 rookie season how they were so happy to be rid of Tony Romo and that Dak was going to be able to take them to the promised land and Romo couldn't .... oh well, i guess we just know different cowboy fans.
Dak was absolutely, 100% better than Romo at that point. Romo couldn't sneeze without ending up in the hospital. He was no longer fit to be playing in the NFL. Don't try to sell it as fans were saying he was better than Romo in his prime. He was a better choice than Romo in 2016 and by a decent amount. There's a difference.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough watching Darnold for the next 10 years knowing he was right there for the taking...

100%

And Barkley I believe will be great, not great enough if Darnald is great

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was absolutely, 100% better than Romo at that point. Romo couldn't sneeze without ending up in the hospital. He was no longer fit to be playing in the NFL. Don't try to sell it as fans were saying he was better than Romo in his prime. He was a better choice than Romo in 2016 and by a decent amount. There's a difference.

Come on man. That’s crazy.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno my friend. I think people are talking about proper grooming for Dak, as all smart teams do when they have a potential QB star in the making. Dallas could have easily managed game plan to protect Romo more from hits, while having Dak learn from Tony.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

And Barkley I believe will be great, not great enough if Darnald is great
Barkley looks even faster than I thought for a guy as big as he is, but I think he is going to have a little more trouble running through the tackles than I originally expected - not to say judging him on Jax is fair. One of my Giant fans friends I was watching the game with, said it before the game and I thought he was nuts. But he made some good points

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno my friend. I think people are talking about proper grooming for Dak, as all smart teams do when they have a potential QB star in the making. Dallas could have easily managed game plan to protect Romo more from hits, while having Dak learn from Tony.
He would not have made it through even one game. Romo got hurt watching the Atlanta game from the sideline...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so want Jerrah to lock down Dak to a 10 year contract soon.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley looks even faster than I thought for a guy as big as he is, but I think he is going to have a little more trouble running through the tackles than I originally expected - not to say judging him on Jax is fair. One of my Giant fans friends I was watching the game with, said it before the game and I thought he was nuts. But he made some good points

There's legitimate criticism of his "dancing" looking for the home run on every play, as opposed to putting his head down for 3-4 tough yards. He was guilty of that at PSU

Believe it or not, as all time great as Barry Sanders was, that always drove me crazy about him, he would take 5 yard losses all day and bust one for 80

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Dak is not a FA after this year so they won't extend him unless he stands on his head and plays unbelievably well and they have no reason to make a decision on him at any point this year regardless of how he plays. The have 31 more games to watch before they have to make up their minds.

Secondly, better than what? Week 1? I suspect he'll play better than that if nothing else he gets some snaps under his belt after barely playing in the preseason and hopefully not having over half of their drives killed by penalties or sacks. Better than the games last year where neither OT practiced for about 2 months because they were banged up, T Smith missed 4 games and Zeke missed 6 games? I suspect he plays better than that also. Better than year 1? Can't say I suspect that based on what we've seen lately, but if he does play better than that he'll own a mansion and a yacht like Elmer J Fudd...

Better than what he has shown from last year to this year. So far the impression is that his rookie season is the execption not the norm. Hell even RGIII had an amazing rookie season. I can't remember where I heard this but on one of the morning shows it was mentioned how Dak has only had a couple 200 yard or better games over the past 10 games of last year and then you have his performance Sunday. I am not saying he is not going to be good I am just saying that so far the realization is that what we see now is more what is to be expected of Dak as opposed to his rookie season.

It was already pointed out that it would make sense to keep him next year and I corrected my position on that. However if the trend we see continues Dak is not the QB of the future for the Cowboys.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak and elite should never be mentioned in the same sentence, but he didn't turn into a complete turd in a one week.

Bottomline...DAL is suddenly hurting at the WR/TE position...really makes you wonder why they let Dez go to be honest. As far as week one...19-29/170/0TD/6 Sks...that's not going to win too many ball games. CAR is good up front, but only decent on the edge imo, so they need to figure out something pretty quick because everybody should be stacking the box on Zeke starting week 2.
I really think they just wanted him out of the locker room and were happy not paying him anymore

Add Dez to the offense and it still blows. Telling no one HAD to sign him and we are heading into week 2.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Dez to the offense and it still blows. Telling no one HAD to sign him and we are heading into week 2.

And the Cowboys are not the only team in need a receiver. The Raiders have issues and they are resigning M. Bryant and he as a possible suspension pending. Dez overvalued himself IMO because if stories are true he turned down 2 offers