• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are killing it

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just signed Chris Brown- WR, NDame. 6-2

Wondering if the Duke safety has gas mask bong pics as well

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think a lot of these team that jump in front of us to take our pick are directly related to our teams inability to keep their mouths shut:gaah:
In this instance it seems it was Cook flapping his gums. I'm good with Dak, and may have passed on Cook anyway, knowing I had a good shot at Dak later anyway.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this instance it seems it was Cook flapping his gums. I'm good with Dak, and may have passed on Cook anyway, knowing I had a good shot at Dak later anyway.
No. Why would Cook even know we are about to take him?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Why would Cook even know we are about to take him?
Sounds like we said he'd be our pick in the 4th, he decided to tell some reporter, only reason I can see him doing that is to avoid Dallas or he's a complete idiot. If either are the case I'm glad we don't have him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we said he'd be our pick in the 4th, he decided to tell some reporter, only reason I can see him doing that is to avoid Dallas or he's a complete idiot. If either are the case I'm glad we don't have him.
I'd rather have Cook than Prescott, but I'm happy with Prescott. From here on out we go with the Green Bay method: Take a QB every single year until one pans out. Hopefully one pans out before Romo retires. Could be Prescott and we could be saying how great a pick this was. Certainly seemed like a good value getting him that late IMO.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Cook than Prescott, but I'm happy with Prescott. From here on out we go with the Green Bay method: Take a QB every single year until one pans out. Hopefully one pans out before Romo retires. Could be Prescott and we could be saying how great a pick this was. Certainly seemed like a good value getting him that late IMO.
I would have been good with Cook in the 4th, great value, but I'm also happy with seeing if we can develop Dak. Either or and I'm good. We needed a QB we could try to develop as a starter, but as long as he becomes a quality BU/Part-time starter it's a winning pick. What's the percentage of 4th rounders sticking around as impact players.
And yes I agree about another QB in 17, we do it with TEs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More JJ:L

Here's how the Cowboys lost out on Paxton Lynch as their future QB

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

May 2, 2016 8:54 am ET

The Dallas Cowboys badly wanted Paxton Lynch as the heir to Tony Romo. But not so bad that Jerry Jones would give up more picks in a trade. And now he has to live with the regret.

It's no secret the Cowboys tried to trade back into the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft to nab Lynch. Jones said after the first round he's still dealing with regret of not overpaying.

How, exactly, did it all shake out? According to Peter King of TheMMQB.com, who was embedded in Dallas over the weekend, Jones was talking to the Seahawks about a move up.

Seattle appears to have been simultaneously discussing deals with the Broncos and Cowboys; Dallas was offering a second-round pick (No. 34 overall) and a fourth-round pick (No. 101) to swap with Seattle. Seahawks GM John Schneider wanted the second and also a third-round pick (No. 67) to make it happen.

Jones wouldn't budge off the four.

“I'm not gonna go jump from Dallas' tallest, so let's put this in perspective,” Jones said Friday. “And I live with second-guessing and disappointments. That's a part of this business. But if I had to do it all over again? I'd give the three.”

Seattle wasn't the only team Jones called, though. From King:

The plan was to offer Dallas' second-round and third-round picks, 34 and 67 overall, to teams in the late teens and early twenties—Indianapolis, Buffalo, the Jets, Houston—but then swap out the third-rounder for Dallas' fourth-rounder, 101 overall, starting in the mid-twenties. Cincinnati (24), Pittsburgh (25), Seattle (26), Green Bay (27) and Kansas City (28) all got called. Lukewarm responses, mostly. Buffalo (19) said no to the offer of the second and third. The Jets said no.

The Bengals also called Jones and told him they weren't interested (they would take Houston corner William Jackson III). Pittsburgh didn't even want to trade and stood pat to take corner Artie Burns from Miami.

The Chiefs at 28 were interested in taking a second- and third-round pick as well, but the Cowboys weren't budging there.

Dallas got one more shot at making the move up but balked. Again, from King:

Now 9:54. Schneider back on the phone. The call was quick. Stephen Jones got off the phone, turned to Jerry Jones at the board, and as one eyewitness recalled son said to father: “No way with Seattle. Too much. They want our two and three.”

The next move everyone knows, as the Broncos made their move to get Lynch, a quarterback for a team with a bigger need.

You can't blame Seattle for doing what they did.

The Cowboys were offering No. 34 overall and No. 101 overall. Denver sent No. 31 overall and No. 94 overall. That first pick for the Broncos is in the first round, meaning Seattle would get a top-100 pick as well as the control of a first-round selection (they would take Texas A&M lineman Germain Ifedi).

The Seahawks got their man and the Broncos got theirs. And Jerry Jones was just left to wonder what could have been.

2016_NFL_Draft_Rumors_Jerry_Jones_Paxton_Lynch_Cowboys.jpg
Paxton Lynch is heading to Denver, not Dallas.
http://bttrack.com/Click/Native?dat..._jYj65n_u9IrR3GT8PHPkqFIp_lUdkkJRe_QYmqu2ZLJ0

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not regret passing on that trade - giving away Collins and Smith for Lynch. I think Dak is a similar QB, and in many ways I feel he will become the better player, and I feel he will get there faster. I would have drafted Dak above Cook, so IMO we got our QB and added talented defenders.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knowing that we took a guy in Smith who possibly may never suit up ever according to some reprts, we should have given up the 2nd and 3rd rounders. On paper this was not a great draft. Only time will tell. The only picks I like are Zeke and Dak, other tan that this draft seems to be a typical scratch ones head Cowboys draft.:scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what we think Lynch is. He isn't ready, but if (stressing if) we see him as a future franchise QB while Dak is more a crapshoot we absolutely should have done it. You can't put a price on a franchise QB. We got burned 3 times in this draft. Lynch, not trading up for Ogbah and Oak trading in front of us for Cook. Maybe all 3 end up mistakes (1 and 2 aren't mutually exclusive) or maybe we end up lucky in all 3 cases:noidea:

Time will tell

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what we think Lynch is. He isn't ready, but if (stressing if) we see him as a future franchise QB while Dak is more a crapshoot we absolutely should have done it. You can't put a price on a franchise QB. We got burned 3 times in this draft. Lynch, not trading up for Ogbah and Oak trading in front of us for Cook. Maybe all 3 end up mistakes (1 and 2 aren't mutually exclusive) or maybe we end up lucky in all 3 cases:noidea:

Time will tell
I look at Lynch and I look at Dak, and I see a couple of guys, that while different, are basically in the same boat. Both are talented guys that need a couple of years before they are ready to play .If they both pan out, Lynch could be a Big Ben or Flacco(best case) and Dak could be McNabb or Russell Wilson(best case). I like the situation Dak is walking into, a great guy to learn from in Romo, a great OLine, Dez, and now Elliott.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at Lynch and I look at Dak, and I see a couple of guys, that while different, are basically in the same boat. Both are talented guys that need a couple of years before they are ready to play .If they both pan out, Lynch could be a Big Ben or Flacco(best case) and Dak could be McNabb or Russell Wilson(best case). I like the situation Dak is walking into, a great guy to learn from in Romo, a great OLine, Dez, and now Elliott.
I agree about the situation. But I am glad they have finally gotten into the developmental business. If not now when.
Dak was not my first choice for a QB but I'm good with taking him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP might have been on to something back in April...
Fun to go back and look at a few non Cowboys fans ripping the Cowboys for taking a running back at 4, while the majority of guys who post on this board knew they had a good draft all along

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the OP nailed this one
The OP was told he was crazy a few times in April lol. Something about a D- grade. If I'm not mistaken, you were on the Dak train ling before Jerry handed in the card