• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys add Stephon Gilmore

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still giddy over this

Hopefully we let him play some aggressive bump and run. He excels at it and I never understood why the Cowboys sit back so often when you have Micah getting to the QB in 2 seconds and even worse when you have LBs who seem lost in coverage on slants and crossing patterns that you let guys run free on. They just hand the QB easy hot routes sometimes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still giddy over this

Hopefully we let him play some aggressive bump and run. He excels at it and I never understood why the Cowboys sit back so often when you have Micah getting to the QB in 2 seconds and even worse when you have LBs who seem lost in coverage on slants and crossing patterns that you let guys run free on. They just hand the QB easy hot routes sometimes.
If you can find it, check his tape from this season vs the Eagles. You’re gonna be happy.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on his last leg - literally.....
Thats fine, I know hes close to retirement but it only took a comp 5th to get him. If he's 1 and done, it's still a great deal for Dallas. Now if they LTD him with a bundle of guaranteed $$$ I'll speak differently.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine, I know hes close to retirement but it only took a comp 5th to get him. If he's 1 and done, it's still a great deal for Dallas. Now if they LTD him with a bundle of guaranteed $$$ I'll speak differently.
Last year was his best season in a little bit. The most recent survey he had likely extended his career. Opposite of Diggs you likely get 2 good years of football from him. Then you grab some Brandin Cooks this morning. I’m kind of glad this move wasn’t for DHop but Cooks is still a solid add.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was his best season in a little bit. The most recent survey he had likely extended his career. Opposite of Diggs you likely get 2 good years of football from him. Then you grab some Brandin Cooks this morning. I’m kind of glad this move wasn’t for DHop but Cooks is still a solid add.
DHop was on my wishlist, but I'm sure he would cost us more than it took for Cooks. Hopefully he can stay on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on his last leg - literally.....
I felt that two years ago, but from what you read and backed up by how he played last year, I disagree. Seemed more like an injury that he took care of before last year. I guess we will see. Better than Anthony Brown so makes me happy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop was on my wishlist, but I'm sure he would cost us more than it took for Cooks. Hopefully he can stay on the field.
I was torn on acquiring Hopkins. Legit superstar but injuries and his PED suspension and his age caused me to question if he will be worth that again. I think he is better than Cooks, who I was also torn on until Hou ate $6M, but his cap hit is a lot more and as you mentioned a second rounder was more than the Cowboys wanted to pay.

Since we already have a legit #1 of our own I think Hopkins was a little more than they should have gone from a compensation perspective. I guess we will have to see what Cooks has left And the injury concerns are I guess valid but how is he more injury prone than Hopkins? All we need is him to be a #2/3 type and I think it is very likely he will be. who knows, the Rams thought they had that in Robinson last year who looked like a good signing and he was horrible one Of the worst signings of the last few years so you never know.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks is smarter because of what they gave up for him.

Hopkins is going to demand a haul.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs gets his fair share of picks but he gets burned way too often.
You going off of two years ago? Had a very different season last year. Didn’t take as many chances. Didn’t get the interceptions and didn’t get burned “too often”

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You going off of two years ago? Had a very different season last year. Didn’t take as many chances. Didn’t get the interceptions and didn’t get burned “too often”
But he tackles like a girl.
No better example than the Kittle playoff play. That was a street football play and he Hollywooded it in a huge PLAYOFF moment.

It's clear Young Diggs thinks he is NFL ARRIVED! Maybe Gilmore can help him out about plays in the huge NFL moments.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he tackles like a girl.
No better example than the Kittle playoff play. That was a street football play and he Hollywooded it in a huge PLAYOFF moment.

It's clear Young Diggs thinks he is NFL ARRIVED! Maybe Gilmore can help him out about plays in the huge NFL moments.
True Diggs has not earned a “business decision” as Deion used to call it but Deion is in a very small group of elite cover corners.