• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Couturier signs 2 year extension

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. That's a decent extension for the time being.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid move, it might seal the fate of a few other players to get under the cap.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice move gives them time to evaluate him before a long term deal. Also allows time for the player to develop his game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a good move as well. Still tho, always figured Couturier to be the guy they would trade to get that missing piece. Perhaps now they will move Schenn instead or maybe they're happy with what they got?

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a good move as well. Still tho, always figured Couturier to be the guy they would trade to get that missing piece. Perhaps now they will move Schenn instead or maybe they're happy with what they got?

This seems to be the common belief around, and I have to admit I just don't get it. Yeah Couts' offense hasn't progressed much, but he had the worst starting ice position of any Flyers player and already is one of the top defensive forwards in the game. Trading him never made sense to me. I don't know that he will ever score enough to be a top notch player, but he certainly can stop enough players to be extremely valuable.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenn and Couts will not be going anywhere
They were the 2 pieces this team wanted in trading Richards and Carter.
Simmonds and Jake were not the top pieces in the deals, they ended up so far being but this team is high on Couts and Shenn and as they should be.
I see bounce back seasons from both of them and in some ways these 2 are probably very vital to how well the Flyers do.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect big things out of this kid. He's only 20 years old and is just over a year removed from shutting down Malkin, who had just put up 109 points to lead the league in scoring. Couturier is basically our second line center once he gets his offensive game going and that could be soon. Even still, if he's just able to shut down the other team's best player and chip in every now and then, that's enough to help us pile up the wins.

Great signing and incredible value, really.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the common belief around, and I have to admit I just don't get it. Yeah Couts' offense hasn't progressed much, but he had the worst starting ice position of any Flyers player and already is one of the top defensive forwards in the game. Trading him never made sense to me. I don't know that he will ever score enough to be a top notch player, but he certainly can stop enough players to be extremely valuable.

I think the trade talk came from Couturier being a trade asset that could get them a superstar puck moving dman which was their greatest need last season. After signing Mark Streit it doesn't seem like it's such a need anymore, but if the Flyers felt they were 1 piece away from being a Cup contender, then Sean Couturier could probably get them that piece. I think that's where the trade talks came from more so than his lack of progression . Gotta imagine that a young talented player who doesn't make much money would be quite the trade asset.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade talk came from Couturier being a trade asset that could get them a superstar puck moving dman which was their greatest need last season. After signing Mark Streit it doesn't seem like it's such a need anymore, but if the Flyers felt they were 1 piece away from being a Cup contender, then Sean Couturier could probably get them that piece. I think that's where the trade talks came from more so than his lack of progression . Gotta imagine that a young talented player who doesn't make much money would be quite the trade asset.

That also makes him a huge asset to the team, however...lol I don't think they've ever seriously considered moving him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That also makes him a huge asset to the team, however...lol I don't think they've ever seriously considered moving him.

I don't think they seriously thought about it either. Still tho, trade rumors are always fun to talk about when it comes to players like that, lots of possibilities.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it was nice to see Laughton go out and adress his muscle mass and put on weight. Couts got handled a little bit last year physically, i would like to see him do the same.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i mean the guy is a stick, that should have been a huge issue to address this offseason. he's got a young body so i get that, but he needs to be on a mass building program.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean the guy is a stick, that should have been a huge issue to address this offseason. he's got a young body so i get that, but he needs to be on a mass building program.

this shouldve been done after his rookie season

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK about him being skinny, takes a while to grow into your body. I don't think you achieve your optimal build until age 27.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Coots signing this deal actually makes him more attractive to other teams to trade for or become trade bait since he is signed for the next two years, is young and doesn't make up much of Cap hit, makes him a very tradable player yet are they willing to give him up?? We know someone needs to go to get under the Cap, so who will it be??

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers need to get rid of Meszaros. $4,000,000 per year for him makes no sense to me.

I'm 100% on board with that, he is solid when healthy but he is never healthy so they are basically pissing away 4mill a yr, later dude don't let the door his your ass on the way out!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% on board with that, he is solid when healthy but he is never healthy so they are basically pissing away 4mill a yr, later dude don't let the door his your ass on the way out!

Yeah, plus I think with the acquisition of Streit & the emergence of Lauridsen, Meszaros at best is a 6th dman on the team.