• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Couturier signs 2 year extension

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% on board with that, he is solid when healthy but he is never healthy so they are basically pissing away 4mill a yr, later dude don't let the door his your ass on the way out!

It's not that easy to get rid of him because his cap hit is over 5 million :doh:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that easy to get rid of him because his cap hit is over 5 million :doh:

Good news is that he only has 1 year left which enables the Flyers to dump him to a team that's looking to meet the cap floor.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that he only has 1 year left which enables the Flyers to dump him to a team that's looking to meet the cap floor.

The cap floor is 44 million and according to cap geek all teams at this point have met the 44 million requirement

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap floor is 44 million and according to cap geek all teams at this point have met the 44 million requirement

That's a bummer. Yeah, guess it will be hard to dump Meszaros. Oh well, at least it's only a 1 year problem.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note tho, Flyers could just send him down to Adirondack. That's how the Rangers dealt with Redden all those years. $4 million for an AHLer is sort of crazy but it's just for 1 season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note tho, Flyers could just send him down to Adirondack. That's how the Rangers dealt with Redden all those years. $4 million for an AHLer is sort of crazy but it's just for 1 season.

I believe the new cba prevents that now. It would only save like 100k. Any one way, nhl contract, counts on the cap regardless of where they're playing unless it's under a certain number, which is right around 1 mil I believe.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the new cba prevents that now. It would only save like 100k. Any one way, nhl contract, counts on the cap regardless of where they're playing unless it's under a certain number, which is right around 1 mil I believe.

Didn't realize that, guess the Flyers are sort of stuck with him this season. At least it's only 1 more season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize that, guess the Flyers are sort of stuck with him this season. At least it's only 1 more season.

ya, should be interesting to see how they handle it.. i'm sure they don't want to go in to the season using LTIR.. they wont 'bank' any cap space and will be much less flexible at the deadline if they want to add someone

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Capgeek, they're $2,053,522 over the cap. If Meszaros is hard to trade, the next guy I would look at is Nicklas Grossmann.

Most sensible thing to do is put Pronger on LTIR, although I wish the guy the best I really don't think he's coming back.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger needs to officially retire already, doing more harm then good by being in limbo!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger needs to officially retire already, doing more harm then good by being in limbo!

If Pronger retires they have to absorb the full cap hit because it's a 35+ contract. By not retiring and continuing to "attempt" a comeback, they get to keep putting him on LTIR and avoiding the cap hit. I think everyone in the organizations knows he's technically retired.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pronger retires they have to absorb the full cap hit because it's a 35+ contract. By not retiring and continuing to "attempt" a comeback, they get to keep putting him on LTIR and avoiding the cap hit. I think everyone in the organizations knows he's technically retired.

I think he should be an unofficial coach for us while he is on his LTIR stint. He obviously cares about the orginization to keep this charade we are pulling on the league up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should be an unofficial coach for us while he is on his LTIR stint. He obviously cares about the orginization to keep this charade we are pulling on the league up.

Any decent individual would care enough to do the same. If he were to officially retire now, it would severely handicap the entire franchise for the next four seasons. That affects a lot of people, not to mention the paying fans. He's smart enough to know all of this. Besides, it'd be pretty unlikely yet miraculous if he could somehow return for his last season and win a Cup, then retire. We'll have a pretty strong team by then with all of the young talent we have now fully matured.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any decent individual would care enough to do the same. If he were to officially retire now, it would severely handicap the entire franchise for the next four seasons. That affects a lot of people, not to mention the paying fans. He's smart enough to know all of this. Besides, it'd be pretty unlikely yet miraculous if he could somehow return for his last season and win a Cup, then retire. We'll have a pretty strong team by then with all of the young talent we have now fully matured.

Being loyal to the orange and black just comes easy. That would be a fairy tale ending to his storied career but i expect to win the cup prior to his last year so if he does ever come back he would be going for back to back cups.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being loyal to the orange and black just comes easy. That would be a fairy tale ending to his storied career but i expect to win the cup prior to his last year so if he does ever come back he would be going for back to back cups.

You wouldn't be able to dream it up any better than that. I'd do anything and everything in my power to be at the Cup clinching game, the following celebration and the parade afterwards.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You wouldn't be able to dream it up any better than that. I'd do anything and everything in my power to be at the Cup clinching game, the following celebration and the parade afterwards.

i was at the first game 5 of the Phillies WS clinching game (the rained out one) the vibe was incredible. that being sai, looking back I am happy that the game was rained out, as i was so intoxicated at that point if they had won I would have woken up in a gutter or worse jail because of those absurd riots haha. i'm older now, so I think i'd be able to handle a Flyers win better, but we'll see about that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's my face if that ever happens :drool: