• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins' value

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins are offered a first round pick for Cousins, they have to take it. If they don't, they have essentially drafted a QB with a first round pick.

I doubt they get any offers at this point because the season is ready to start, but I'm sure there will be calls next off season.

I would be happy with a 2nd round pick. Now way Cousins stays past in rookie contract and there is no way they franchise him. They are going to have to deal him and not just let him walk.

They need to seriously consider drafting another QB to project as RG3's long term backup.

Johnny Manziel anyone?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck do you know that? Have you seen some of the crap QB's out there...If he has to play some and does good which I know he will if needed.
His stock will be high...very high.
Like it says below, You're wrong.

Because he isn't worth that. He was drafted in the fourth round and did OK in very limited opportunities. He doesn't magically turn into a first rounder because you want him to be.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading KC all hinges on the health of RG da 3rd. Scenario one: Griff comes back and has a great season and remains healthy. Probable outcome: KC is traded in the off season for a 2nd and 4th. Scenario two: Griff comes back but reinjures leg and misses multiple games. Probable outcome: Regardless of how KC looks stepping in the Redskins keep him and renegotiate his contract because it's clear RG3's long term future is then obvious in doubt. Really, those are the only two options that the Skins have. You have to trade KC when his value is at its highest. I could get into the reasons why his value will be at the highest this off season but that's for another day when I have more time.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id be happy with a 2nd and 3rd. might have to settle for just a 2nd though. the trade will happen next off season because this year rg3 is coming off a knee injury and next year kirk will only have 1 year left on his contract so we will need to move him or he will be a free agent and we get nothing for him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you are reasonable, but a few have a highly inflated view of his value. If you guys decide to shop him you can, but I don't think you get the value that I do it. You may not quite have the luxury of turning down a decent pick for him, but when your offense is what it is, I would hold onto him with what I think will be available in exchange.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say who would be better. I think both Mallet and Cousins would need to be in the right system to have success, like most huys. Mallet obviously has the size and a much bigger arm, Cousins is smart and more athletic

And Mallet is dumb and unathletic

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he isn't worth that. He was drafted in the fourth round and did OK in very limited opportunities. He doesn't magically turn into a first rounder because you want him to be.

Keep coming back after each preseason game. Watch his stock continue to rise.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett isn't dumb. Unathletic maybe, but no more so than any of the elite QBs in the NFL. It's certainly nice to be athletic but it's not enough on it's own. You have to throw the ball, and Mallett has a cannon.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep coming back after each preseason game. Watch his stock continue to rise.

The only way you get what some of you are talking for him is if you blackmail another GM and owner.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you get what some of you are talking for him is if you blackmail another GM and owner.

Within the next two years, some tam or TEAMS will be looking for a QB. If Philly can get what they got for Kolb, Washington should get good return for Cousins. I agree a 1st is a reach. But a second is not out of the ball park.

Worst case we have a solid backup for four years and he leaves as a free agent. Most teams would give up a 4th rounder for a solid Backup QB for a four year stretch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within the next two years, some tam or TEAMS will be looking for a QB. If Philly can get what they got for Kolb, Washington should get good return for Cousins. I agree a 1st is a reach. But a second is not out of the ball park.

Worst case we have a solid backup for four years and he leaves as a free agent. Most teams would give up a 4th rounder for a solid Backup QB for a four year stretch.

A second is reasonable. People are talking first and multiple seconds, which isn't close.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second is reasonable. People are talking first and multiple seconds, which isn't close.

Actually totally depends on the market and on how well Cousins looks. A first would be a stretch right now, but who knows how the league will look at the QB position in a year or two? Not to mention how the draft will look at the position.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett isn't dumb. Unathletic maybe, but no more so than any of the elite QBs in the NFL. It's certainly nice to be athletic but it's not enough on it's own. You have to throw the ball, and Mallett has a cannon.

That Ryan Leaf had a cannon too! Boom!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the only thing you need. But it's more useful than athleticism.

Huh? You're kidding, right? I'll take an athletic QB with an accurate, but average, arm any day over an unathletic one with a cannon. The NFL trash dump is littered with QBs that had great arms but never amounted to anything because they became sitting ducks and were one dimensional.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see soon enough

I like Cousins, I kind of feel weird debating against him. He hasn't done enough to warrant more than a 2nd at the most, and if he gets the opportunity to, it means that RG3 will have missed more time, in which case the Redskins wouldnt trade him anyway. I see him playing out his contract and leaving in FA, like Matt Flynn did in GB

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cousins, I kind of feel weird debating against him. He hasn't done enough to warrant more than a 2nd at the most, and if he gets the opportunity to, it means that RG3 will have missed more time, in which case the Redskins wouldnt trade him anyway. I see him playing out his contract and leaving in FA, like Matt Flynn did in GB

I agre he hasn't done enough to date to warrant more than a 2nd. However, I do think we will trade him in the next off season (assuming RG3 remains healthy). We will need that high draft pick next year since we still don't have a first.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agre he hasn't done enough to date to warrant more than a 2nd. However, I do think we will trade him in the next off season (assuming RG3 remains healthy). We will need that high draft pick next year since we still don't have a first.

Thats a very good point. I think RG3 would have to play all 16 before they would pull the trigger. Then they would be back in the market for a backup. Tebow, lol? I'm only half joking, I think Tebows best role would be as a backup that could step in for a few games for a team that already runs a lot of read option. SF, Seattle and Washington are places where he could win a game or two in the short term