• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins' value

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if RGIII already came back and was solid a full season, sure maybe trade him, but having Cousins is huge for Washington right now, even if its a few plays after RG gets his bell rung. You know they are gonna be hitting him like they hit Mike Vick and you know RG is not gonna stop his game worried about hits. Cousins may never play, but without him I would forget washingtons playoff chances if RG goes down. With Cousins you are still good enough to beat most.

1st off if they hit RG3 like some think they will be flagged .

but really we should keep KC for at least another year

and KC isnt kolb or cassell

i dont think we can garner a 1st rounder for him . maybe a pair of 2's or a 2 or a 3

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your overvaluing him a bit he has proven to be better then the 4th rounder they used on him but if I was any of the QB needy teams I would not give up a first round pick for the guy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't generally listen to king, but it's certainly possible he's right. That said, I don't think that perception is all that widespread. Mallett was highly touted before his stock dropped hard following interviews. Physically there were never any issues, and I think a lot of the league sees sitting not having issues with Belichick as a good sign that the concerns were unfounded. Cousins has some hype and played well in limited duty, but I don't think not playing hurts Mallett here.

I don't want to trade him. I would happily extend him if possible, but I do think he has slightly more value if we were willing to do so.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't generally listen to king, but it's certainly possible he's right. That said, I don't think that perception is all that widespread. Mallett was highly touted before his stock dropped hard following interviews. Physically there were never any issues, and I think a lot of the league sees sitting not having issues with Belichick as a good sign that the concerns were unfounded. Cousins has some hype and played well in limited duty, but I don't think not playing hurts Mallett here.

I don't want to trade him. I would happily extend him if possible, but I do think he has slightly more value if we were willing to do so.

i think mallet not playing does hurt him some but i will tell you i think the team that gets him (or keeps him ) will be getting a great young qb :suds:

as for KC he has done well virtually every time he has been called upon . time will tell but so far so good :nod:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if White becomes a solid back up and you can get another QB to develop later in 2014/15.
Cousins for a very high 2nd and 3rd would have to be considered. I can't see a team giving up a 1 for cousins unless they have two 1st round picks and receive a 4th/5th in exchange.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't wait until his contract is up to trade him. His contract is up and he's a FA.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins maximum value in a trade will be at the end of this season. If we wait to try and trade him after year 3, he will be in his last year of a contract. No team is going to give a high draft pick to a QB that will be a FA after a year. As for his value, skinsdad has it about right. high second, maybe 2 2nds, I don't see anyone giving up a 1st, but you never know.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if White becomes a solid back up and you can get another QB to develop later in 2014/15.
Cousins for a very high 2nd and 3rd would have to be considered. I can't see a team giving up a 1 for cousins unless they have two 1st round picks and receive a 4th/5th in exchange.

This. I tend to agree, I don't think Washington will be able to get a 1st for KC (unless RG3 gets hurt again and he takes them performs really, really well). But...this is not a particularly strong QB class in this draft IMO. Outside of Bridgewater, Boyd, and Manziel (who is probably doing something to drop himself further down on draft boards as we speak), teams should like Cousins better than any of the rest. I think the FO should command a 2nd, and maybe even a later round pick...and could probably get it. I would be good with that.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if waiting is a good philosophy, assuming a team is interested and brings a respectable trade offer to the table. His stock would probably go down or stay the same, before it went up (more teams' QB situation gets better, or could be up against a better draft class).

I understand the philosophy of keeping him because of RG3 being injury prone, but most NFL teams don't depend on their back-up QB that much. The coaching staff and Griffin need to take better care of that situation and we won't have a need for a backup who could start on any # of other teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us trading him till after this season, we may get some good offers, I would like us to get someone like Will Sutton

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, if he plays some this year and does well, teams will be clawing at us to get him, we could get a 1st and 2 seconds depending on how desperate a team is.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first and 2 seconds. You're on crack.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say who would be better. I think both Mallet and Cousins would need to be in the right system to have success, like most huys. Mallet obviously has the size and a much bigger arm, Cousins is smart and more athletic

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope just need to find a.team and GM on crack, is Cerrato around anymore?

There is no GM in football that cracked out. If they were they would be fired before the deal went through.

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, if we get a 1st and 2nd or 2 2nd's in the upper part of the rd I would happy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting a first, let alone a first + or multiple second rounders.

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting a first, let alone a first + or multiple second rounders.

How the heck do you know that? Have you seen some of the crap QB's out there...If he has to play some and does good which I know he will if needed.
His stock will be high...very high.
Like it says below, You're wrong.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date Cousins has done next to nothing and teams who wanted QBs have made their moves. At this point it's a buyers market and Cousins wouldn't generate a 2nd round pick. It's pointless to speculate what he might be worth in 6 months time. He could be a ProBowler or a bum with a busted leg, a dui, or a 4 game suspension for drugs. Just be happy that he hasn't screwed-up and hope that you don't need him.

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date Cousins has done next to nothing and teams who wanted QBs have made their moves. At this point it's a buyers market and Cousins wouldn't generate a 2nd round pick. It's pointless to speculate what he might be worth in 6 months time. He could be a ProBowler or a bum with a busted leg, a dui, or a 4 game suspension for drugs. Just be happy that he hasn't screwed-up and hope that you don't need him.

Of course he could fall flat on his face but fact is his stock rises every game and if he keeps improving teams will be banging on the redskins doors, that being said we need him right now so he is not on the mkt, this is all speculation on your part and mine and I happen to think we'll get good value for him at rate he's improving.