• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins For Russell Trade Realistic?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento Kings said to be aggressively going after Russell. This would of course mean giving up Cousins. I know I would take nothing less than Cousins and it would put the Lakers instantly on the radar for free agents. The only draw back is that Cousins has been difficult to deal with - but who wouldn't be in that cow town? Seriously

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a cancer and a coach killer. As talented as he is, I would not want him on my team. Your best player had to be a positive leader if your team is to have any success. Cousins is not that.

Also, I think it would take Russell + somebody good to get Cousins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a cancer and a coach killer. As talented as he is, I would not want him on my team. Your best player had to be a positive leader if your team is to have any success. Cousins is not that.

Also, I think it would take Russell + somebody good to get Cousins.
Agreed. I think it would take Russell and another asset that was fairly significant- I am sure the Kings have gotten huge offers for Cousins- ESPECIALLY from Ainge. They are definitely not the only team in on Cousins and many of those other teams have substantial assets.

Ainge would let the Kings take half his team for Cousins--- that team has WAAAY too many players on it (Celtics).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Kings would do this straight up.

Plus, shouldn't the Lakers wait to see what happens on the Whiteside/Horford free agency front before giving up a asset?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, shouldn't the Lakers wait to see what happens on the Whiteside/Horford free agency front before giving up a asset?

EXACTLY...!

if we DO land Whiteside(I doubt it, personally), who even NEEDS Cousins...?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY...!

if we DO land Whiteside(I doubt it, personally), who even NEEDS Cousins...?

Worth a shot to try with Whiteside.

Boogie is uber-talented and could possibly stop being so petulant if he was a part of a strong Organization.

Not sure I'd be inclined to roll the dice.

Deangelo made a mistake as a 19 year old. Boogie is still making them and he will be 26 in a month.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Cousins is salvageable, but only in an ideal locker room culture. Very few teams have it, and to keep that culture with Cousins in town, that team would need to have a player or coach who Cousins respects fully. The list is pretty short.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, good comment.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but the Kings would probably be smart to look at trading Cousins.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One nut case for another

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think it would take Russell and another asset that was fairly significant-

Talent wise...yes. Attitude wise...no.

I'd much rather see the Lakers go after Whiteside/Horford than give up anything for Cousins. Part of me thinks that his problem in Sacramento is the dysfunction in that organization and that being in a more stable environment would fix his attitude.

On the other hand, the Lakers have a very young team and I'd hate for him to come to LA, only to find out that he's as much of the problem as the Kings FO. It could wreck a team as young as the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes they should wait - Russell isn't going anywhere but up and I still think it's too early for trades. If the Lakers were to land two good players and a trade for the third for a big three - then that might be different. But way too early now and while the Queens would want more - I wouldn't give up more for a player that has just cost them a coach
Talent wise...yes. Attitude wise...no.

I'd much rather see the Lakers go after Whiteside/Horford than give up anything for Cousins. Part of me thinks that his problem in Sacramento is the dysfunction in that organization and that being in a more stable environment would fix his attitude.

On the other hand, the Lakers have a very young team and I'd hate for him to come to LA, only to find out that he's as much of the problem as the Kings FO. It could wreck a team as young as the Lakers.

I like our group of young players - I would rather see the Lakers get nothing in free agents or trades then to give up any of the first draft picks. Getting three picks in the top ten hasn't happened to the Lakers in 22 years or so and I'd like to see what they do with that