• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins for Nets Pick

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron leaves the East.... I'd put IT/Cousins/Love well above DeRozan/Lowry, Wall/Beal, and Hayward/Irving/Horford.

On talent? Maybe.

But you have a score first point in IT, a center who has been known to pout and become a locker room cancer when things don't go his way in Boogie, a PF who has been known to just quietly disappear when he isn't involved in the offense and no Lebron to make sure they all work together.

Just don't see that working very well at all.

If you're getting to the Finals... I think you're crazy to rebuild just cause the best team in the other conference is an all-time great.

It depends. I think that team would struggle to get out of the East. I get the money for making the finals (or at least the ECF), but if they played their cards right they could rebuild and be back in the hunt right about the time the Warriors run is over or close to it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue any of that, but when you put it into context of what the East Conference would be (in this imaginary scenario where LeBron has gone to the west)... it changes things, imo.

Not really.

I don't think that trio would get out of the East. If they did, they would have zero chance against the West champ. Literally zero.

Besides, isn't losing in the Finals worse than losing before the Finals? Pretty sure I have heard that somewhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On talent? Maybe.

But you have a score first point in IT, a center who has been known to pout and become a locker room cancer when things don't go his way in Boogie, a PF who has been known to just quietly disappear when he isn't involved in the offense and no Lebron to make sure they all work together.

Just don't see that working very well at all.

It depends. I think that team would struggle to get out of the East. I get the money for making the finals (or at least the ECF), but if they played their cards right they could rebuild and be back in the hunt right about the time the Warriors run is over or close to it.

We are talking about Cleveland though, not LA or Boston. They may not make another Finals in my lifetime after LeBron eventually leaves.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Cleveland though, not LA or Boston. They may not make another Finals in my lifetime after LeBron eventually leaves.

Considering they've never made the finals without Lebron...you may very well be right about that.