• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Surprise Draft Pick

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of mock drafts had Nolan Smith dropping to the second round / 3rd round due to his injury.

After his 40 time, and his ability to be an outstanding run defender along with the speed to rush the passer, he may have just jumped into the middle of the 1st round, but if he falls to 28...I think he should be the pick with our eye on having to replace Hendrickson in a couple years, or need a replacement for an injury, and would make one hell of a rotational player.

I know OT and CB are bigger needs, but I think a guy that falls to 28 with top 10 talent needs to be taken. Take best available, worry about the roster build later.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of mock drafts had Nolan Smith dropping to the second round / 3rd round due to his injury.

After his 40 time, and his ability to be an outstanding run defender along with the speed to rush the passer, he may have just jumped into the middle of the 1st round, but if he falls to 28...I think he should be the pick with our eye on having to replace Hendrickson in a couple years, or need a replacement for an injury, and would make one hell of a rotational player.

I know OT and CB are bigger needs, but I think a guy that falls to 28 with top 10 talent needs to be taken. Take best available, worry about the roster build later.
I worry that he's not quite as big (6'2") as the Bengals typically like at DL/DE. His arms are long enough, though. He's also about 30lbs lighter than Hendrickson - so, the big question will be - can that work at that weight? If he adds weight, will that affect his rush ability?

I'm not sure I'm sold on him. With 1 more year of Hendrickson, and at least some decent depth along the DL/DE spots...I agree I'd like someone, but I would still focus on OT first, IMO (though, it seems to be clear the Bengals may be content with what they have going into the year, which just completely boggles the mind....but I digress....for now).

Honestly, I'd look harder at CB over DE. I don't really want Apple back, CTB looks like he could be good, but Awuzie is coming off injury, and depth there is non-existent, plus Awuzie will be a F/A after this year as well...at least DE has some depth. CB has none.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great athletes are often missed in the draft by teams looking to fill a roll. when one player does his job exceedingly well, it makes everyone else's job easier.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind.

If Meyer is not there, I want Washington from Georgia. Guy blew my mind at the combine. He is insane a true offensive lineman in a TE body. He is big, very strong, excellent blocking skills with good hands. That helps offensive line and it helps the TE's. I still think we should try to bring in Hurst again too.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind.

If Meyer is not there, I want Washington from Georgia. Guy blew my mind at the combine. He is insane a true offensive lineman in a TE body. He is big, very strong, excellent blocking skills with good hands. That helps offensive line and it helps the TE's. I still think we should try to bring in Hurst again too.
I'll get on that train.

he may have impressed other teams as well though.