• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest answer yes, I'd rather have the Skins roll the dice on a question mark.

Part of me thinks, we might actually do just that. It would be too logical for us to sign hm long term. Im think we tag him, or really screw this thing up and let him walk.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. What an idiot. So they let him walk, what exactly is the plan then?

It's not like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is waiting on the bench to take over for Kirk Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is waiting on the bench to take over for Kirk Cousins.

But... according to some, we could put Peter Dinklage in at starting QB, and he would out perform Cousins.

And for those that dont know the Dink

images

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years ago we were a laughing stock, not we are team who has been in the playoff hunt for the last 2 years. What is the difference between this team and 2014? Better pass blocking and the play of the QB. That's it, that's the list.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its good to see this article but i think he is dead wrong . yeah KC doesnt elevate the others around him but he would be elite if he did that wouldnt he ? to say he is a 24-32 type qb is foolish to me

Too many people think the word Franchise should mean Elite. Guys like Brady, Manning (Peyton) dont come along too often. If you are on the quest for an elite QB... we could be another 20 years before we find that guy. Kirk might not make the guys around him better all on his own, but his presence makes our offense better than it has been in years save for 2012, and even that has to come with an asterisk to some degree.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people think the word Franchise should mean Elite. Guys like Brady, Manning (Peyton) dont come along too often. If you are on the quest for an elite QB... we could be another 20 years before we find that guy. Kirk might not make the guys around him better all on his own, but his presence makes our offense better than it has been in years save for 2012, and even that has to come with an asterisk to some degree.

i think its laughable that the author thinks brian hoyer has us at 7-5-1 too ,

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was why my position about needing a good QB to have a chance year after year was always misunderstood. I never said it had to be Brady, just a QB in the top 10-12. If you look throughout history teams like Denver last year or Dilfer's Ravens are very rare.

I still have the same concerns regarding Kirk. Is he really a top 10 QB or is he another Daulton or Palmer and comes up small in the biggest moments? Too early to tell.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was why my position about needing a good QB to have a chance year after year was always misunderstood. I never said it had to be Brady, just a QB in the top 10-12. If you look throughout history teams like Denver last year or Dilfer's Ravens are very rare.

I still have the same concerns regarding Kirk. Is he really a top 10 QB or is he another Daulton or Palmer and comes up small in the biggest moments? Too early to tell.

I htink the bigger issue is, if Kirk has a bad day, the entire team seems to go into fail mode. A QB having an off day needs a Ground game or a defense that can step up. We dont seem to have either. Ever.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I htink the bigger issue is, if Kirk has a bad day, the entire team seems to go into fail mode. A QB having an off day needs a Ground game or a defense that can step up. We dont seem to have either. Ever.

Yeah but I'm looking at the big picture, we can find a defense easier than you can find a good QB. Still not sold completely but I'll gladly roll the dice with this guy rather than trying our luck in the draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I'm looking at the big picture, we can find a defense easier than you can find a good QB. Still not sold completely but I'll gladly roll the dice with this guy rather than trying our luck in the draft.

IM good with that. But then again I was good with it last year at this time as well.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been 100 QBs taken in the first three rounds over the last decade and a half and only a handful were good. Why don't you get this?

QB's often succeed or fail depending on who drafts them. IMO the reason so many fail is in large part due to a misfit between player, coach, system, and supporting cast.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many of you locked into an either/ or situation? The obvious answer is option #3, draft someone who has a legitimate skillset (with some grooming) to compete with him for the job. The first step is to FT him again. Call it a anti-Nate Sudfield do over if you will. We all know that this league is all about competition. Wouldn't it be nice for once to have a QB situation like the goat-ropers currently enjoy? This team, they worry too much about hurt feelings.....Nate Sudfield my Ass!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many of you locked into an either/ or situation? The obvious answer is option #3, draft someone who has a legitimate skillset (with some grooming) to compete with him for the job. The first step is to FT him again. Call it a anti-Nate Sudfield do over if you will. We all know that this league is all about competition. Wouldn't it be nice for once to have a QB situation like the goat-ropers currently enjoy? This team, they worry too much about hurt feelings.....Nate Sudfield my Ass!!

1. The Broke backs got lucky.
2. Much like Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, RGBob and every other next great thing.... I expect real defensive coordinators (this does NOT include Joe Barry), to adjust to what the Cowpokes are doing.

Sign him long term, build the rest of the team and play like a garsh darn team. Kirk isnt, and likely will never be Elite. BUt then again neither is Flacco, Smith or Dalton..... yet more often than not their TEAMS are at least in the playoffs hunt year in and year out.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Broke backs got lucky.
2. Much like Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, RGBob and every other next great thing.... I expect real defensive coordinators (this does NOT include Joe Barry), to adjust to what the Cowpokes are doing.

Sign him long term, build the rest of the team and play like a garsh darn team. Kirk isnt, and likely will never be Elite. BUt then again neither is Flacco, Smith or Dalton..... yet more often than not their TEAMS are at least in the playoffs hunt year in and year out.

The ultimate goal ends with the hoisting of a SB trophy. I get it that there have been far too many years here, where getting above .500 was just a fantasy. Playoffs were usually talked about using team names unrelated to our own. Are we really happy with average?.....that gets us some nice wins but little else? I for one will never settle for nice, or pretty good, at worse average. Interesting, that we NEVER get as "lucky' as other teams do, I wonder why?

Even if they sign him to a long term deal, it had better be one that is extremely slanted in favor of the team! How difficult is this to understand with our decision makers? Well, just in case they read this, the formula is.......NEVER, EVER, EVER settle for what you have or think you have. Always be in build, not rebuild mode, and that means acquiring men who will immediately or within a season push current starters for that starting spot. Just in case you don't know, to me, this means that SM must take control of personnel. (A good start would be "I don't give a F...JG we're hiring ______to be our DC.)