• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is an average QB with skill position players who make him look better then he is if you sign him to a big contract we will lose both Garcon and Jackson or maybe just one and you will see he is nothing to be excited about and we won't have the money to spend on defense because we aren't fixing everything in the draft

Fine... name us a guy who we can have come in and do better??

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's graded within the first 3 rounds of next years draft can come in and do what he is doing

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think lack of a running game has been a huge issue, they almost know they can't run in the red zone,
and missing out on Reed has hurt too. Also the defense is trash...teams are getting 7 seconds to throw on 3rd and 20. But because Cousins is making 20mil, he takes the hit. Carolina wasn't the first time they got "outcoached"

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cousins is very good. The problem is good QB's are so hard to find, so if you let him go it won't be easy to find someone as good or better than him. But he isn't worth the money he would demand on a long-term contract or what he would get in one-year if they tagged him again. So it is a sticky situation.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's graded within the first 3 rounds of next years draft can come in and do what he is doing

There have been 100 QBs taken in the first three rounds over the last decade and a half and only a handful were good. Why don't you get this?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Cousins 3rd in the league in passing yards? Didn't he just break his own single season Redskins passing yardage record last night? How many franchise passing records does he hold now?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Cousins 3rd in the league in passing yards? Didn't he just break his own single season Redskins passing yardage record last night? How many franchise passing records does he hold now?

Damn near all of them I think

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK to be exact there have been 95 QBs taken in the first three rounds in the 20 years between 1993 and 2013. From that list here are the QBs that appear to have been better than Cousins:

Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan (is he a lot better?)
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Mathew Stafford (Very up and down, this is his first great season)
Carson Palmer (Maybe)
Eli
Cam

If you would like to add to this list countryroad be my guess. Good luck finding 36 more names which would give you 47 which would still show there is only a 50/50 shot at finding someone better.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | NFL Draft: Round-by-Round QB Study

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - this has worked so well for the Redskins in the past. Do you actually think before you post?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK to be exact there have been 95 QBs taken in the first three rounds in the 20 years between 1993 and 2013. From that list here are the QBs that appear to have been better than Cousins:

Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Carson Palmer (Maybe)
Eli
Cam

If you would like to add to this list countryroad be my guess. Good luck finding 36 more names which would give you 47 which would still show there is only a 50/50 shot at finding someone better.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | NFL Draft: Round-by-Round QB Study

How about just mentioning the four Redskins QBs drafted during this timeframe. Here they are:

RG3
Jason Campbell
Patrick Ramsey
Heath Shuler

All of these guys were taken in the 1st round, all were ultimately busts. The Redskins drafted no other QB in the 1st 3 rounds since 93. As a matter of fact you can easily make a case that Cousins is just about their best QB that they have ever drafted at least in the modern era.

Did the OP just become a Redskins fan in the last few years? If not then why in the hell would you give up a on a QB so quickly? Good lord - how about a little patience. Do you want to go through this nonsense for another 5+ years? Just draft a rookie QB? LOL. First of all you would be wasting a pick that could be used everywhere. You are also ruining the chemistry of the entire team. Lastly - as is pointed out throughout the thread - there are no guarantees. Do you truly believe that say the Rams are set at QB for the next 8-10 years? LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Carson Palmer (Maybe)
Eli
Cam

Ryan Leaf

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf

If we are seriously just going to throw shit on the wall and see what sticks... Im all for Johnny Football.

Will he make our team better than Kirk likely would have us?? Nope...

But fuck it would entertaining as hell.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i call an anger post .

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are seriously just going to throw shit on the wall and see what sticks... Im all for Johnny Football.

Will he make our team better than Kirk likely would have us?? Nope...

But fuck it would entertaining as hell.
I think cousins has a makings tobe a very good quarterback in NFL top 10 maybe maybe not but you can do much worse and I wouldn't draft pick and hope he becomes a franchise quarterback

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cousins has a makings tobe a very good quarterback in NFL top 10 maybe maybe not but you can do much worse and I wouldn't draft pick and hope he becomes a franchise quarterback

Agreed.

I also think that alot around here are confusing Franchise QB with Elite.

Matt Ryan is a franchise QB... but take away his defense, RB and a WR, and look what Atlanta becomes.

I would say the only Elite QBs in the league are Brady, Rogers and I would be stretching past that.

Franchise A types..... Eli, Romo if he can stay healthy, Rothlisbooger. Brees, Luck, Wilson, Newton

All these guys CAN make the team around them better... to a point.

Franchise B types..... these are your young guys that look like they have the goods.. but we will know in a few years... Dak, MArriota, Wentz and I would put Kirk here... He isnt as young. But I think a smart coach and a good GM can build around these guys. They are not going to carry a team all on their own... but put enough around them.. and give them a shell of a decent defense.... Wentz lacks offensive talent around him. Marriotta needs some more around him on Offense as well.

Dak got just enough from the defense that Dallas should be a favorite to win a playoffs game this year.

Kirk..... got Joe Barry and the bend over and take it defense.... that alone means he cant have an off day.. much less an actual BAD day.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what we all know about Cousins. He can play and win games in the NFL.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what we all know about Cousins. He can play and win games in the NFL.

So honest question... as a rival fan... would you rather see the Skins let him walk??