• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Countdown to Trout

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Too soon???!!??

In all seriousness, the longer he goes without signing an extension, the better it looks like he'll hit FA.
He's not going to pull an Anthony Davis and tell the fans that he doesn't want to be there, but at some point, the Angels are going to be forced to deal with this or risk losing him for nothing.

If he makes it clear that he does not plan on signing an extension with any team he gets traded to, I think the Phils trade for him after this season.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6gRCnAr.gif

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. While it would never happen I’ve already day dreamed about turning around Harper (and something out of the cupboard) for Trout. Lol

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper mentioned a FA who will be available in two years at his press conference.
This is happening.

@Guns N Guitars you can facepalm every single post I make, because I know how triggered you are right now. Deal with it, bro.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper mentioned a FA who will be available in two years at his press conference.
This is happening.

@Guns N Guitars you can facepalm every single post I make, because I know how triggered you are right now. Deal with it, bro.
You sure are dense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me too well jvett. I think they overpaid for a guy that was hyped and they aren't going to get the production from him that translates into wins that they were hoping for when the Phillies got played. The Phils haven't fixed the real problem and that is that idiot manager. If the Phils come out this year and are holy terrors, then I'll be the first to admit that I was full it but seldom do these big FA contracts really help the team in the long run.

I'll use the NBA logo's model for an example. Everywhere Jerry West has gone, he has either directly or indirectly generated a championship team and his model is simple: Draft talent and lots of it, have great coaches that can develop the team concept and its own talent, and go by the axioms in professional sports that work, like defense wins championships.

The Phils are just throwing shit onto a wall and see what sticks and they are HOPING things work out. They are trying the Washington D.C. modus operandi: Throw a wad of cash at your product and certainly things will be better while doing nothing to address their symptoms and what ails the club in the first place.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me too well jvett. I think they overpaid for a guy that was hyped and they aren't going to get the production from him that translates into wins that they were hoping for when the Phillies got played. The Phils haven't fixed the real problem and that is that idiot manager. If the Phils come out this year and are holy terrors, then I'll be the first to admit that I was full it but seldom do these big FA contracts really help the team in the long run.

I'll use the NBA logo's model for an example. Everywhere Jerry West has gone, he has either directly or indirectly generated a championship team and his model is simple: Draft talent and lots of it, have great coaches that can develop the team concept and its own talent, and go by the axioms in professional sports that work, like defense wins championships.

The Phils are just throwing shit onto a wall and see what sticks and they are HOPING things work out. They are trying the Washington D.C. modus operandi: Throw a wad of cash at your product and certainly things will be better while doing nothing to address their symptoms and what ails the club in the first place.

To be fair.....I think the below article does highlight some very specific areas they have been addressing what ails the club. Sure, future performance cannot be read on past performance, but insights can be gleaned that show the path of where they were looking to improve.

None of it improves the ax you grind on Kap, but I would counter that the organization went about their business this winter with key improvement areas they want to address, and as best you can do with projecting the future, they did a good job of it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Orlando Eagles. You have some valid points but having been burned so many times in the past with this FO, I am cautious about getting on the Hoorah bandwagon until I see the results in wins and dominance on the field that all of the changes the Phillies supposedly made to address their issues.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some valid fears about recent off season moves, retro, but in today’s game, teams must pay up for proven performance when it’s available if they want to win now. We can only hope, as is always the case, that the acquisitions live up to their past stats. If we make no moves, we risk being a good .500 team for years waiting for guys like Alfaro, Crawford, Kingery to develope.

Phils had the salary space to make great moves and I think they made sound, we’ll planed moves. Segura - .287/.327 life, and .300 BA last 3 years. Prefer JP? Harper - I won’t repeat his solid 7 year performance stats with WSH. Phils have had no one even close to his stats. Gigantic step up for Phils. Realmuto or Alfaro? Again, ‘Muto is there now. So, three great moves by the FO. I think many fans still haven’t recovered from Ruben Tomorrow’s hapless signings.

Fans are encouraged. 300,000 advanced tickets sold!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some valid fears about recent off season moves, retro, but in today’s game, teams must pay up for proven performance when it’s available if they want to win now. We can only hope, as is always the case, that the acquisitions live up to their past stats. If we make no moves, we risk being a good .500 team for years waiting for guys like Alfaro, Crawford, Kingery to develope.

Phils had the salary space to make great moves and I think they made sound, we’ll planed moves. Segura - .287/.327 life, and .300 BA last 3 years. Prefer JP? Harper - I won’t repeat his solid 7 year performance stats with WSH. Phils have had no one even close to his stats. Gigantic step up for Phils. Realmuto or Alfaro? Again, ‘Muto is there now. So, three great moves by the FO. I think many fans still haven’t recovered from Ruben Tomorrow’s hapless signings.

Fans are encouraged. 300,000 advanced tickets sold!
which is a good thing, because the one thing all these moves showed is they suck at drafting.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is a good thing, because the one thing all these moves showed is they suck at drafting.
They have traded some of those drafts to upgrade their line up. Hoskins and Hernandez were draft picks along with some starters and relievers. Plus Franco as well.I think they have done OK!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Northeast. I am holding out until the results show-up on the field.