• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Count down to 2020 opening day

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL and NBA both suspended.

Baseball's not starting anytime soon.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COVID-19....
GifyAUY.gif

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add some time to that countdown clock.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take “Obscure References” for 200, Alex.
No obscure reference on this one. I was worried about the season being delayed after we counted all the way down to 13. Puig's number 66 represents the horrifying prospect of having to wait a couple more months before the mlb season starts. Unfortunately, considering what has happened in the last couple days 66 days seems like a real possibility.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take “Obscure References” for 200, Alex.
No obscure reference on this one. I was worried about the season being delayed after we counted all the way down to 13. Puig's number 66 represents the horrifying prospect of having to wait a couple more months before the mlb season starts. Unfortunately, considering what has happened in the last couple days 66 days seems like a real possibility.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightengale reported that the MLB is still hoping/discussing getting the full 162 in and simply pushing the season back two weeks. So, I'm optimistic. The country has reacted quite swiftly (possibly overreacting a bit) and early on enough in the game. H1N1 (Swine Flu) got all the way to 1,000 dead and 20,000 infected before we got this worried and declared a state of emergency. Most medical experts (my sister is also an MD) think this will force a plateau in the diagnosis in 3-4 weeks. At that point, you really wouldn't be accomplishing much by waiting longer. If you can't play then... it's not like this will totally go away by summer. Might as well call the season all together. Which I doubt they would do.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delayed Opening Day Only the Start of Coronavirus Fallout for MLB

notable quotes;

- Baseball's tentative plans to start the season on a two-week delay of its original March 26 start date appear as realistic as finding a pack of toilet paper at your local grocery store.

- Given the break and the need for a return to even an abbreviated spring training, it will be impossible for players to be ready for the new April 9 start date.

- Some industry sources think it will be May before the MLB season begins. Two sources say they've heard Memorial Day Weekend as a target date, and multiple other sources swear the season will not begin until June. Clearly, the coronavirus and the health of the nation will have much to say about all of it.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delayed Opening Day Only the Start of Coronavirus Fallout for MLB

notable quotes;

- Baseball's tentative plans to start the season on a two-week delay of its original March 26 start date appear as realistic as finding a pack of toilet paper at your local grocery store.

- Given the break and the need for a return to even an abbreviated spring training, it will be impossible for players to be ready for the new April 9 start date.

- Some industry sources think it will be May before the MLB season begins. Two sources say they've heard Memorial Day Weekend as a target date, and multiple other sources swear the season will not begin until June. Clearly, the coronavirus and the health of the nation will have much to say about all of it.

Fuck.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking June 1st is the BEST CASE scenario at this point. A 162 game season is definitely a pipe dream.