• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cotton Bowl: Clemson vs. Notre Dame

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see your Oline holding up against our Dline? Do y'all have depth across the Oline? How many veterans are starting on your Oline?

Kraemer and Hainsey split time last year one is a Junior the other a Sophomore. Eichenberg is a Junior but this is his first year starting and Banks is a Sophmore who replace Alex Bars the injured LG.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Eichenberg has played some before this year but not a major role.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see your Oline holding up against our Dline? Do y'all have depth across the Oline? How many veterans are starting on your Oline?
I think ND needs to use the two tight end formation against that great d line. Even if it's just to brush shoulders and slow down the d ends.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about NOTRE DAMES online, as much as I worry about all clemsons receivers. There's 3 great ones and ND can't and won't cover short

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talent on the O line is great. Experience is a bit of a hurt point. This particular group is good for this season. But still not anywhere near as good as last year. However I would say this O line is the top 10 to 20 in college football this year.

What I expect to happen is the ND OC to use fast movement to move back the LB and keep that front 4 in coverage instead of constant blitz mode. In the last few games of this year, we saw a lot more screen game than we had in the front half of the season. And they paid off well. Mainly because the opposition was trying to bring extra pressure against ND's dink and dunk offense.

The commentators are going to make a huge deal out of completion % of the ND QB (Ian Book) mainly though those passes are 10 to 12 yards forward. Fast high percentage throws are his main stay right now. But against Clemson's pass rush and CB's I don't see that being as successful. And no one in college, Bama included is going to just line up and run basic RB draws and A gap rushes against the Clemson front 4.

Most of the commentators are talking about the Clemson D vs the ND O. Since both of those are the best match ups of the night. I am actually more interested in the ND D vs the Clemson O. ND hasn't seen a QB - RB tandem nearly as good as Clemson all year. And to a lot of ND fans, the ND defense has been under rated all year. They won ND at least 2 games this year, and kept them the first 4 when there could have been at least 2 losses there.

Either way I think this is a better game than many are giving it. Hopefully even in a loss ND can put up a great game, and shake that 2012 championship and '15 Fiesta Bowl mentality the country has about ND.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if and when ND gets by clemsons linebacks their secondary is really vulnerable.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent on the O line is great. Experience is a bit of a hurt point. This particular group is good for this season. But still not anywhere near as good as last year. However I would say this O line is the top 10 to 20 in college football this year.

What I expect to happen is the ND OC to use fast movement to move back the LB and keep that front 4 in coverage instead of constant blitz mode. In the last few games of this year, we saw a lot more screen game than we had in the front half of the season. And they paid off well. Mainly because the opposition was trying to bring extra pressure against ND's dink and dunk offense.

The commentators are going to make a huge deal out of completion % of the ND QB (Ian Book) mainly though those passes are 10 to 12 yards forward. Fast high percentage throws are his main stay right now. But against Clemson's pass rush and CB's I don't see that being as successful. And no one in college, Bama included is going to just line up and run basic RB draws and A gap rushes against the Clemson front 4.

Most of the commentators are talking about the Clemson D vs the ND O. Since both of those are the best match ups of the night. I am actually more interested in the ND D vs the Clemson O. ND hasn't seen a QB - RB tandem nearly as good as Clemson all year. And to a lot of ND fans, the ND defense has been under rated all year. They won ND at least 2 games this year, and kept them the first 4 when there could have been at least 2 losses there.

Either way I think this is a better game than many are giving it. Hopefully even in a loss ND can put up a great game, and shake that 2012 championship and '15 Fiesta Bowl mentality the country has about ND.
can u please edit this novel...the rant is too long. After the second paragraph everybodys just gonna give up. I have sure it's good story, But I just can't.

Reactions: CTN

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that Clemson Will be surprised by NOTRE DAMES secondary. ND Will cover long and leave unders open, just like usc. I can't even imagine with this kind of info what NOTRE DAMES game plan Will be.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michiganfan...really

KnobbCreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to see early on a ton of ETN, let Lawrence get comfortable with a few short routes and we go from there. I expect ND to exploit the middle of the field and make Muse make quick decisions(not a good thing for us).

It’s going to be a 4th quarter brawl and I expect it to come down to the final 2-3 possessions. Here’s to a good hard fought game and no injuries!

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.

I could play the homer card and say that he'll be cool as a cucumber, because he has been in the "big game" his entire football life, but the reality is, this is a HUGE stage and some kids just aren't ready the first time they step onto it. I could see him struggling a bit, but regaining composure and playing his game.

Honestly though, I think the kid will be ok. I won't be surprised to see him make mistakes because he's a freshman and I also won't be surprised to see him make smart decisions and big plays. He's ready.
You think your secondary will hold up If They cannot get to the quarterback.

KnobbCreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatcha cooking for the game? Thinking about firing up the smoker for some brisket, or going for a low country boil.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatcha cooking for the game? Thinking about firing up the smoker for some brisket, or going for a low country boil.
Brisket takes quite awhile. What time would you have to start that? I only do ribs. Usually the 3-2-1 method.

KnobbCreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisket takes quite awhile. What time would you have to start that? I only do ribs. Usually the 3-2-1 method.
8hrs or so for a 12lber smoker to 215 or so and cook it low and slow. Hickory with mesquite to finish. Can elaborate further pain on the phone though

IrishBlooded

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have a bit of a tradition going this year.

Every game that ND has been the underdog in, apricot glazed ham, and baked beans. And though I am completely sick of both recipes after this many times this year. I will still make them for the Cotton Bowl. Because no matter what, I don't want to be the reason that ND didn't win ;)

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8hrs or so for a 12lber smoker to 215 or so and cook it low and slow. Hickory with mesquite to finish. Can elaborate further pain on the phone though
ill never cook a brisket, just don't have the time. I am jealous tho.

IrishBlooded

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u please edit this novel...the rant is too long. After the second paragraph everybodys just gonna give up. I have sure it's good story, But I just can't.

Of course you wouldn't like it. You need to post once every 1.2 seconds and this gets in the way of that.

But honestly speaking. You not liking something I posted makes me feel much better about what I post.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you wouldn't like it. You need to post once every 1.2 seconds and this gets in the way of that.

But honestly speaking. You not liking something I posted makes me feel much better about what I post.
actually I have no problem with you...i just said that to be petty. Can we start a new? Everyone gets a little(you fill the blank) now and then.