• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cosell on a couple WRs in draft

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin is a "slightly" better receiver prospect than Texas A&M's Mike Evans.

Cosell called Evans a "measured mover," while Benjamin is a superior athlete with more vertical explosion when the ball is in the air. "I remember watching Benjamin run by Florida's corner, Loucheiz Purifoy, on a deep post -- and Purifoy can run, he's in this draft as well -- and Benjamin definitely showed a burst with the ball in the air," Cosell said. "Which is something you definitely look for when you look at vertical routes. ... You don't need to be a 4.4 guy to do that. You know Jerry Rice did that exceptionally well. And Jerry Rice was never a 4.4 guy."

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell stated on the Ross Tucker Podcast that he believes Clemson's Sammy Watkins is the best wide receiver prospect since A.J. Green and Julio Jones came out for the 2011 draft.

"If you just look at the skill set," Cosell said of Watkins, "I think you're dealing with a guy who's an explosive mover. He's a powerful mover. There's velocity to his movement. He can run over people. He's got straight-line speed. He's laterally quick. He's got run-after-the-catch strength." Watkins is also considered a pro-ready route runner. He's a lead-pipe lock to be drafted in the top-seven picks.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion

I think Watkins is the best receiver I have ever seen coming into a draft .......

And I have seen some good ones ...... that kid is gold for whoever gets him

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion

I think Watkins is the best receiver I have ever seen coming into a draft .......

Wow better than Randy Moss? Moss is the best prospect Iv'e ever seen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion

Watkins is Julio Jones to me. My 2nd guy would be Brandin Cooks. Whoever gets him is gonna strike gold. DeSean Jackson without the attitude

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow better than Randy Moss? Moss is the best prospect Iv'e ever seen.

Always looked at Moss as pretty much just a pure speed guy...... Now add that in with his height ...... and he was formidable

No where near the total package Watkins is ( or rather before I get the hasnt taken a snap in the NFL yet) coming out of college prospect

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Films' Greg Cosell stated on the Ross Tucker Podcast that he sees "style" similarities between Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief, and Demaryius Thomas and Josh Gordon on Moncrief's college tape.

Cosell made it clear he wasn't wholeheartedly comparing Moncrief to Thomas and Gordon, but did liken their playing styles. "I really, really like this kid," Cosell said. "He's a big, physical kid who can run." Cosell also hinted he sees Moncrief as talented enough to be a "No. 1" NFL receiver. Moncrief measured 6-foot-2, 221 at February's Scouting Combine. His official forty time was 4.40.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like Watkins teammate. Martavis Bryant would/be/a/nice deep threat