• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conor vs khabib official October 6th

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that loud mouth McGregor get humiliated out there. Maybe it will shut him up.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are kidding...in what world did Connor win the standup? You discount Connor getting knocked on his ass like the ''bomb'' were some lucky punch...Khabib destroyed him Dude, Connor had nothing for him, stand up included
Did you miss the 3rd rd? The only rd that took place on the ft

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are kidding...in what world did Connor win the standup? You discount Connor getting knocked on his ass like the ''bomb'' were some lucky punch...Khabib destroyed him Dude, Connor had nothing for him, stand up included

McGregor won the third round. He obviously lost every other one though.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were on their feet and Connor won a narrow round while doing zero damage to Khabib, who stood in the pocket right in front of him. If you would like, I can post a gif of Connor getting knocked on his ass from a straight right, of Khabib raining down punches on Connors face, or of Connor tapping like a Bitch to a neck crank. I'm sure it hurt like Hell, but it wasn't blood or air and it would not have put him out. Connor chose to tap because he was tired of having his shit pushed in

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He land one Bomb that rocked conor. Conor won the standup. Khabib does what he always does. Gets his opponent against the fence and mauls them. Conor fought a stupid fight. He was too aggressive early. Should’ve came out and countered khabib. He opened himself up to takedowns and was too gassed in the 3rd to really do any serious damage when they were striking. I’d prefer Kevin lee over Ferguson vs khabib next. I don’t think khabib can take him down and would make for an interesting fight

Khabib landed more than just the shot that rocked Conor. He was landing some good hard shots throughout the fight. And Conor barely won the stand-up, basically in the third round that Khabib took off.

Standing back & countering wouldn't work well against Khabib. That would put Conor closer against the fence, all but guaranteeing Khabib gets the take-down.

Khabib is a bad bad match-up for every striking focused fighter @ lightweight.

Kevin Lee belongs nowhere near a title shot. Ferguson or Poirier, should he beat Diaz, are the only legit match-ups for Khabib.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and 2nd rd was a 10-8 imo

He looked deflated after the first. I think he knew his conditioning wasn't there coming into the fight. He looks done. If he were worried about actually being able to win the fight then he would have had a couple of tune-ups going into it because the guy's obviously a monster. But this was about the payday for him. I don't think he wasn't trying to win or just going through the motions but this obviously not the guy you can jump in the ring with cold. He had to be in top form just to have a chance and he wasn't.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The third round that Khabib took off? The third round that was pretty close?

There is a saying that many top level wrestlers have, "you can only wrestle hard for 15 mins". Basically, the theory is that you can only go hard for the first two rounds, then you need to conserve some energy to go hard in one of the championship rounds. That was clearly the case in this fight.

How do we know? Because Khabib was wrestling hard for rounds one & two, in the third round he only want for a few take-downs while staying at range using less energy. Then immediately at the start of the fourth round, he went right back to wrestling to finish this fight.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The third round that Khabib took off? The third round that was pretty close?

There is a saying that many top level wrestlers have, "you can only wrestle hard for 15 mins". Basically, the theory is that you can only go hard for the first two rounds, then you need to conserve some energy to go hard in one of the championship rounds. That was clearly the case in this fight.

How do we know? Because Khabib was wrestling hard for rounds one & two, in the third round he only want for a few take-downs while staying at range using less energy. Then immediately at the start of the fourth round, he went right back to wrestling to finish this fight.
Khabib clearly lost round 3, but it wasn’t by some huge margin. Considering that isn’t his specialty he stood toe to toe with Connor and looked impressive. Would he have won standing all 5 rounds? No. But what the hell does that matter when you are a great wrestler and can win a round 10-8 with devestating ground and pound.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khabib clearly lost round 3, but it wasn’t by some huge margin. Considering that isn’t his specialty he stood toe to toe with Connor and looked impressive. Would he have won standing all 5 rounds? No. But what the hell does that matter when you are a great wrestler and can win a round 10-8 with devestating ground and pound.

After the 2nd round the only chance McGregor had was to knock him out and he knew it. Khabib took the 3rd round off and McGregor did a good job of taking advantage of it to win the round but the round meant nothing.

But the real shame about this is Khabib seems like a classy guy and everybody knows what kind of guy Conor is. I give Conor some credit for taking the fight because if it weren't for the circus at the end this would have been its greatest moment. He could have just retired. Not like he needs the money. This was a legit a-list event. Dumbest move of his career and it's going to cost him a lot in future purses.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 2nd round the only chance McGregor had was to knock him out and he knew it. Khabib took the 3rd round off and McGregor did a good job of taking advantage of it to win the round but the round meant nothing.

But the real shame about this is Khabib seems like a classy guy and everybody knows what kind of guy Conor is. I give Conor some credit for taking the fight because if it weren't for the circus at the end this would have been its greatest moment. He could have just retired. Not like he needs the money. This was a legit a-list event. Dumbest move of his career and it's going to cost him a lot in future purses.
I predict some division changing for image damage control, then eventually he will try the Khabib fight again with similar treatment. Before riding off into the sunset with a mere 100 million dollar payday from a circus boxing match.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that fight the ultimate match-up in my head would be Khabib vs an in shape Sakuraba in his prime. You need a fighter like him to solve this puzzle. He was just so solid at everything and one of the smartest fighters of all time.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think he’s classy at all. He uses his religion to make it appear he’s a good man. He surrounds himself with scumbags and the video of him paying a homeless bum money to do push-ups while his posse surround the man laughing was disgusting.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he’s classy at all. He uses his religion to make it appear he’s a good man. He surrounds himself with scumbags and the video of him paying a homeless bum money to do push-ups while his posse surround the man laughing was disgusting.

Didn't this whole thing start because Khabib and his posse surrounded a McGregor friend/associate in a hotel after said person bad mouthed him in an interview? Like shit was about to get real before hotel security got involved. That's what led to Conor flying to Brooklyn and the bus incident. He and his crew were coming for Khabib as payback. I believe I remember hearing stories about Khabib's crew surrounding Ferguson and Holloway as well. I'm not talking one or two guys. I'm talking like 15 deep trying to gang up on one dude. He's got a bit of history.

Point being, both sides (Conor and Khabib) are filled with garbage thugs. There are no innocent parties here. There is no victim.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor refused to press charges, the three guys have already been released. Dana isn't going to strip him lol

Check out post #114 by @RobBase

If Khabib is suspended for a long enough duration by the NAC, he will not be able to defend his title and it will have to be stripped/vacated.

I have a suspicion that is what will happen. The vacant title will probably be awarded to the winner of a bout between Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson. Then..... if/when Khabib is reinstated and is able to take care of any possible visa/green card problems, he would probably fight the winner of the Conor McGregor vs Tony Ferguson match.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Khabib is suspended for a long enough duration by the NAC, he will not be able to defend his title and it will have to be stripped/vacated.

I have a suspicion that is what will happen. The vacant title will probably be awarded to the winner of a bout between Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson. Then..... if/when Khabib is reinstated and is able to take care of any possible visa/green card problems, he would probably fight the winner of the Conor McGregor vs Tony Ferguson match.
I understand that, and it may well happen, but if Khabib is stripped, Dana White will be slammed worse than he can imagine. To let Connor get away with ALL the shit he's pulled and then to strip Khabib would be a total joke

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see them making Diaz-poirier for an interim title. It doesn’t make any sense but since wme took over they seem to make title matches because they need a main event for ppvs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them making Diaz-poirier for an interim title. It doesn’t make any sense but since wme took over they seem to make title matches because they need a main event for ppvs.
That makes sense, let the 4th and 5th best guys in the division fight it out for the Title. I hear ya though, that's the kind of BS Dana will probably pull. Then he can let his boy Connor fight the winner of that fight for the belt instead of Khabib or Ferguson...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ferguson would have to be involved in any interim title matchup, if Khabib is stripped.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferguson would have to be involved in any interim title matchup, if Khabib is stripped.
I agree but the current main event for the msg card is some chick who is 3-2 vs schlvenko. Ufc seems obsesssed with ppv main events having titles attached and they love throwing interim titles around.