• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conor vs khabib official October 6th

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but the current main event for the msg card is some chick who is 3-2 vs schlvenko. Ufc seems obsesssed with ppv main events having titles attached and they love throwing interim titles around.

I agree with the interim obsession of the UFC these days, but I can’t imagine they’d strip Ferguson of his interim title, then make him fight Pettis before a chance at the title, then strip Khabib and offer a title bout to Diaz/Poirier

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferguson 100% has to be next for Khabib. Stripping him of the title makes no sense, unless there is some sort of sanction from the athletic commission that makes it so that he can't compete. Even then there are ways around this, fighting in LA or NY. Also it's the damn UFC's fault anyways for the way they promoted the fight and gave so much fucking leeway to Conor. I mean you have Dana White toasting with him at a press conference laughing, when this dude has done and said so much horrible shit to Khabib, his family, his religion, etc. To say Khabib acted unprofessionally would be accurate. At the same time the UFC, IMO, is more responsible for what took place. Conor is gonna Conor. But even though he's your cash cow, you have to have some sort of standards as an organization.

Ferguson (Kevin Lee second, imo) would be the only two guys in the division that I think can present a problem for Khabib. Ferguson's the best in the division of fighting off his back and his submission game is ridiculous. Also Ferguson putting pressure by going forward will have to force Khabib to try different angles to shoot.

Stripping Khabib and letting Poirier and Diaz fight for a title fight makes sense FINANCIALLY, but not from any real sort of competitive stand point. I say just promote them to the main event for 230 and be done with it. No title needed, it's going to be fireworks anyways. There's also a rumor of DC and Lewis to headline that event with a Heavyweight title fight. Still think Poirier and Diaz would be better.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferguson deserves Khabib for sure. I think Ferguson-McGregor would be a better fight though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferguson deserves Khabib for sure. I think Ferguson-McGregor would be a better fight though.

I think both would be great fights, just depends what you're looking for. Conor and Tony would be pretty amazing stand up fight, but I wouldn't say it would be better than Khabib and Tony. Tony and Khabib would be more technical and they would really have to use a lot of counters on each other trying to combat each other's skill set. Conor and Tony would be throwing a lot of hands, but IMO, that doesn't necessarily make it more exciting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. In McGregor's defense, he won the 3rd.
2. What ethnic tension? McGregor talks shit to promote fights. You think Khabib's going to be bitching about the 9 to 10 figure payday he just got? He just fucked everything up for himself.

You can like or hate McGregor but he knows how to promote a fight. All Khabib had to do was shake his hand and get his belt and he would be looking at some pretty good pay days. Instead he jumped into the crowd and turned it into a shit show. This is all on him.

Conor crossed the line multiple times. There's levels to shit talking. He talked about Khabib's religion. He talked about his dad and his family. He talked about how he was a terrorist. He physically assaulted Khabib's bus first with a dozen of his guys. He talked shit about his country. Also if you're not aware of the ethnic tension between the Russian and Irish fans during the lead up to this then you've clearly not done your homework.

Conor's shit talking wasn't based at the man. It was about EVERYTHING ELSE around him. If he talked shit in his normal fashion about calling Khabib a pussy or whatever else he wanted to do, that'd be fair game. That's part of the business and Khabib knows this. But you absolutely cannot expect that he's going to simply lay down after you've insulted everything he is and everything he stands for.

Khabib is a different breed of guy. Expect consequences. Also the UFC's fault too for clearly not anticipating any blow back from all of this. Look at Dana White's faces at the pre-fight press conferences when Conor is talking shit about Khabib's religion one minute, then he's toasting Conor and laughing with him the next.

Lastly, a 10 figure payday would be a Billion dollars. 1,000,000,000.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both would be great fights, just depends what you're looking for. Conor and Tony would be pretty amazing stand up fight, but I wouldn't say it would be better than Khabib and Tony. Tony and Khabib would be more technical and they would really have to use a lot of counters on each other trying to combat each other's skill set. Conor and Tony would be throwing a lot of hands, but IMO, that doesn't necessarily make it more exciting.
I just think it would be more exciting because I think it would be more even. Ferguson loves to constantly pressure and I think that plays right into Khabib’s takedown and subsequent ground game where he is unstoppable. Basically I think Khabib-Ferguson would result in a fight similar to what we just saw Khabib do to Conor.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it would be more exciting because I think it would be more even. Ferguson loves to constantly pressure and I think that plays right into Khabib’s takedown and subsequent ground game where he is unstoppable. Basically I think Khabib-Ferguson would result in a fight similar to what we just saw Khabib do to Conor.

I think you're highly discounting Tony's skill off his back. He's probably one of the best fighters in the UFC off his back and his submission game is crazy. In his last 8 fights he has 5 submission victories. The constant pressure puts Khabib going backwards, and makes his angles different for how he attempts take downs. Likewise since Tony will be fully aware of what Khabib is trying to do, he'll look to set up his positions directly from take down. Khabib has mostly face stand up strikers of late and hasn't faced a submission expert of Tony's caliber. I think you'd see a real dog fight in the trenches. It wouldn't be the prettiest fight for those who are fans of guys just throwing with each other, but it would be exciting to me.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conor McGregor's Teammate Called Khabib, 'F**king Muslim Rat'

Conor McGregor's teammate, Dillon Danis, called Khabib Nurmagomedov a "f**king Muslim rat" during the main event at UFC 229 -- and that's what set him off ... a ringside witness tells TMZ Sports.

We spoke with a fan who was sitting in spitting distance from Danis during the fight -- and we're told Danis was running his mouth throughout most of the fight.

There was a moment between the 2nd and 3rd rounds when Khabib shot a death stare right at Dillon, according to our witness who says it was obvious Khabib heard at least some of the insults.

But, we're told the final straw was the Muslim insult that Danis hurled toward the end of the fight.

Khabib threw his mouthpiece at Dillon and then jumped out of the cage to attack him in the stands.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conor crossed the line multiple times. There's levels to shit talking. He talked about Khabib's religion. He talked about his dad and his family. He talked about how he was a terrorist. He physically assaulted Khabib's bus first with a dozen of his guys. He talked shit about his country. Also if you're not aware of the ethnic tension between the Russian and Irish fans during the lead up to this then you've clearly not done your homework.

Conor's shit talking wasn't based at the man. It was about EVERYTHING ELSE around him. If he talked shit in his normal fashion about calling Khabib a pussy or whatever else he wanted to do, that'd be fair game. That's part of the business and Khabib knows this. But you absolutely cannot expect that he's going to simply lay down after you've insulted everything he is and everything he stands for.

Khabib is a different breed of guy. Expect consequences. Also the UFC's fault too for clearly not anticipating any blow back from all of this. Look at Dana White's faces at the pre-fight press conferences when Conor is talking shit about Khabib's religion one minute, then he's toasting Conor and laughing with him the next.

Lastly, a 10 figure payday would be a Billion dollars. 1,000,000,000.

Gimme a break. What bread of guy is he? The kind that rolls into a hotel with a bunch of thugs to bully around one of McGregor's guys? He started the shit show with that. If he would have lost it in the lobby his career would have been over. So please don't paint him to be some angel. I was arguing the same thing myself earlier in this thread but there's no denying how low class a stunt like that is. Keep the violence in the ring. McGregor, a thug from Dublin who obviously doesn't have a very cultured view of the world responded as expected. So if it's going to be thug on thug, which it basically was, then the thug that won should have figured he proved his point and took the money.

Neither of these guys are anywhere near angels. If you're going to be a punk then be a smart one. And yes, the one guy actually from the states in Dana White who should have been keeping both of them in check was happy to see it all unfold because he figured it was good for him. Not like he's the only head of a major sport that pulls crap like this. NASCAR has been around forever and they're constantly promoting the sport with footage of cars going into walls or flipping in the air.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conor McGregor's Teammate Called Khabib, 'F**king Muslim Rat'

Conor McGregor's teammate, Dillon Danis, called Khabib Nurmagomedov a "f**king Muslim rat" during the main event at UFC 229 -- and that's what set him off ... a ringside witness tells TMZ Sports.

We spoke with a fan who was sitting in spitting distance from Danis during the fight -- and we're told Danis was running his mouth throughout most of the fight.

There was a moment between the 2nd and 3rd rounds when Khabib shot a death stare right at Dillon, according to our witness who says it was obvious Khabib heard at least some of the insults.

But, we're told the final straw was the Muslim insult that Danis hurled toward the end of the fight.

Khabib threw his mouthpiece at Dillon and then jumped out of the cage to attack him in the stands.

Fake news. How do they know he's in spitting distance? Did he spit on him? And maybe he's a ringer. Was it this guy?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor Suspended for throwing first punch in octagon after fight.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize to everyone whom I have offended our common victory✊️ And my sincere Fans - you are just a space thank you for your incredible support, I love you, yours truly - Habib Nurmagomedov.