• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Connor Cook

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on Walterfootball:

Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook disappointed teams from an x's-and-o's perspective. They felt that with his years of starting experience in a pro-style system, he would have done better, but he had bad recall on plays. He also didn't show good knowledge of coverage, and didn't ease the concerns about him as a teammate.

WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that when you get to the playoffs, you've already eliminated the bad QB's. So you have good QB's that aren't yet hitting the cap heavily on teams that can put talent around them, and good QB's that are costing a lot and maybe have lesser teams around them.

The problem with the new QB every 4-5 years is how often they bust... That plan only works if you do well at drafting all the time. And I think even someone "skilled" at finding QB's is still going to be wrong a lot of the time. It sounds nice if you are hitting, but Miami, Tenn, Oakland, Cleveland and Jacksonville have been doing just that plan there.

What happens when you are picking your next QB and Bradford is off the board and you are picking between Tebow, Claussen, McCoy, or Kafka? Is that ok to send Rodgers packing? That just cost you your job.

The year before Stafford was out in the first pick and you had Sanchez, Freeman, White and McGee. The year after Cam went #1 you had Locker, Gabbert, Ponder as your top options. If you miss once or twice, there goes your job security. You send Big Ben packing instead of paying him and get Brian Brohm in the draft... Every 4 years you are taking a 50/50 at best shot you'll get a QB. Look at the teams that consistently win and consistently get to the playoffs and win, and there's a good QB there almost every time.

I also think 1 good QB can cover up a LOT of sin. You have to hit almost everything to build a winning team around a crap QB. You hit that QB, you can miss on some FA's and draft picks and still contend.

Just my thoughts there.

This but I will add ..I think you really need to get into the head of QB's . I think competitive is more important than people think look at Elway and you still see he still has it like crazy .

I Would be into players that just don't like to lose that despise losing at anything to the point of nutso

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, you take the only guy on that list that's actually made the playoffs.

Yup, and he sure isn't repeating that. You don't make the playoffs at 8-8 very often. lol