• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

congrats to the chiefs, titans & north dakota state

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another championship for the bison. a 37 game winning streak and counting. you have to go back to 2015 for the last time they lost 2 regular season games. that was wentz somehow going 4-2 before getting hurt and allowing a freshman to go 8-0 in his place. a dominating, systematic school that provided a false illusion into wentz' overall capabilities and skill. of course, the weak draft aided that as well.

the 2-4 titans said "take a seat" to their super talented, elite QB :rolleyes2: in mariota and replaced him with tannehill, going on a 7-3 run regular season run.. then punking the pats and ravens on the road for big time upsets on their way to the AFC championship game. rewarded for their ballsy decision.

and congrats to the chiefs. andy pulled a.. andy, and made the texans choke. it helped that he has some dude named mahomes. i mean, i know according to some here, he's not as good as wentz.. but i hear he's aighttt. he just tosses it to his wide open receivers, where as wentz "throws them open." that's why we have a never ending supply of successful receivers. LOFL!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to hear you whine about Wentz anymore - you've made your point, move on.

How about coming up with a plan for the off-season? Who do you like in FA? How do you think we should utilize the $30M in cap space we're projected to have? What draft prospects do you like, and why?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to hear you whine about Wentz anymore - you've made your point, move on.

How about coming up with a plan for the off-season? Who do you like in FA? How do you think we should utilize the $30M in cap space we're projected to have? What draft prospects do you like, and why?

oh. yet you don't mind continually hearing about how we should fire schwartz? how wentz is elite and better than players like mahomes? how our receivers suck? how we need to fire coach A and coach B? how we need to sign every single headcase in the NFL because our team will somehow control them? no? you don't get tired of that? those people are still making their point? gotcha.

my offseason plan dates back to last season, which i assume i've "whined" about enough already. trade wentz, along with some vets, to get picks/players and start the youth movement. while at the same time going with foles at QB for the short 2-3 year window we had. we just won a superbowl with our backup QB. things weren't going to go from magical to an even higher level! we missed the combo chance to rebuild quickly and reload.

it doesn't matter much what the eagles do now. the team is old. we basically have very little to no elite young talent. we have to play the cardinals, browns, steelers, 49ers and packers on the road next season. and then we get the saints, rams, ravens and seahawks at home. LOL! given all the circumstances and the way the NFC east has been going for years and years.. we stand a strong chance of missing the postseason.

and there's no immediate fix. because wentz sure as fuck isn't elite and carrying this team to anything. all the complaining fans are doing about coaches, receivers, etc. they're going to find out in the next few years how bad it really gets.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't matter much what the eagles do now. the team is old. we basically have very little to no elite young talent. we have to play the cardinals, browns,

:wtf:

:pound::pound::pound:

You really are a lame little man.

Go root for the Browns or Cardinals.

:wave:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't appear that _phillies_ is an Eagles fan.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, right. because i don't blindly list guys like.. sanders? um.. dillard? as elite young talent, i'm not a fan or something? it's well known and obvious to just about everyone the eagles are extremely old and have not been successful in recent time developing true stars. this was an article written in april, before the draft. you can find numerous ones before and after.

There's no debate that the Eagles are one of the NFL's older teams. The debate is just how much that matters.

According to Spotrac, the Eagles have the NFL's ninth-oldest roster, which in itself shouldn't be alarming.

But examining their roster, it's easy to see that other than Carson Wentz, there are no elite players under the age of 28.

There are some solid pros, like Nelson Agholor, Ronald Darby and Kamu Grugier-Hill.

There are several who've shown a world of potential, like Avonte Maddox, Dallas Goedert and Derek Barnett.

And there are some intriguing prospects, like Jordan Mailata, Josh Sweat and Matt Pryor.

But elite players?

There were 67 Pro Bowlers league-wide in 2018 who are 27 and under, none of them Eagles. Really, no Eagle under 28 was close.

The Eagles' best players – from Fletcher Cox to Malcolm Jenkins to Jason Kelce to Jason Peters to Alshon Jeffery to Zach Ertz to Lane Johnson to Brandon Brooks to Nigel Bradham – are all in their NFL prime, which is 28 to 32.

Agholor, Rasul Douglas, Maddox and Isaac Seumalo are the only players under 28 who started both playoff games last year. And of that group, only Agholor started all year.

All of this isn't a problem for 2019. And it isn't a problem for 2020. And it might never be a problem.

But it sure seems like the Eagles need to string together a nice run of productive drafts to replenish the roster with young talent.

They have a tremendous opportunity to start that process next week with three of the draft's first 57 picks – the first time they've had three of the first 57 picks since 1994 (when they took Bernard Williams, Charlie Garner, Bruce Walker).

The notion that this is a crucial draft for the Eagles because of their aging roster, lack of elite young talent and three early picks was bounced off executive vice president of football operations on Tuesday.

Fair to say he bristled.

His answer was fascinating and revealed a good deal regarding his feelings about the way the current roster is set up and the future of the team.

I would have a different perspective on that question. If I would have said to anyone in this room or anyone in our building that we're going to have to trade a couple of second-round picks and third-round picks to get a franchise quarterback for the next decade, to win a world championship, to win four playoff games the last two years, I don't know who wouldn't sign up for that. I'm very proud of what we've done. I watch a lot of other team-building in a lot of different sports and I saw another GM being interviewed and he talked about, ‘I would do anything to win one world championship and sacrifice things,' and when I look at it, we haven't sacrificed our future to do that. What we've done as a group, as a staff, and the success we've had, I wouldn't trade it for anything and I'm very proud of what we've done.

So I think we have a lot of talent on this team, I think our roster is really good. I think there's (value) to getting younger, but to get younger just for the sake of getting younger doesn't make a lot of sense to us. We're looking for good players, and we have a lot of good players. We have a lot of players under long-term contracts., a lot of our core players are under long-term contract that are true Eagles, so I think the way we built this team makes a lot of sense, and I don't think there's any undue pressure on the picks that we have right now. We understand that the draft is a crapshoot and we're not going to go 7-for-7 on picks.

So I think that at the end of the day we're going to stick to our process. We're going to be right more than we're going to be wrong, but we have a good process and we have a good team and we're going to continue to do that going forward and make sure we have a team that we're proud of and the city is proud of.

Roseman mentioned that the Eagles this offseason acquired running back Jordan Howard, a 24-year-old former Pro Bowler who has the third-most rushing yards in the NFL since he entered the league in 2016.

But Howard, like a lot of the Eagles' young players, isn't signed beyond this year.

Any way you look at it, this draft is a huge opportunity for the Eagles to acquire some young, low-cost playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Whether or not it's imperative remains open to debate.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh. yet you don't mind continually hearing about how we should fire schwartz? how wentz is elite and better than players like mahomes? how our receivers suck? how we need to fire coach A and coach B? how we need to sign every single headcase in the NFL because our team will somehow control them? no? you don't get tired of that? those people are still making their point? gotcha.

my offseason plan dates back to last season, which i assume i've "whined" about enough already. trade wentz, along with some vets, to get picks/players and start the youth movement. while at the same time going with foles at QB for the short 2-3 year window we had. we just won a superbowl with our backup QB. things weren't going to go from magical to an even higher level! we missed the combo chance to rebuild quickly and reload.

it doesn't matter much what the eagles do now. the team is old. we basically have very little to no elite young talent. we have to play the cardinals, browns, steelers, 49ers and packers on the road next season. and then we get the saints, rams, ravens and seahawks at home. LOL! given all the circumstances and the way the NFC east has been going for years and years.. we stand a strong chance of missing the postseason.

and there's no immediate fix. because wentz sure as fuck isn't elite and carrying this team to anything. all the complaining fans are doing about coaches, receivers, etc. they're going to find out in the next few years how bad it really gets.

So you're saying there's no hope now... oh well, I guess we should all just go and bandwagon for the team with the most young talent and see how it goes from there. Who would that be by the way?

The Eagles had a window with the vets that won a Superbowl just two years ago - Howie tried to extend that window as much as he could, and yes at the expense of adding young talent to the roster, to the chagrin of many. But the last two seasons the team has been absolutely ravaged by injuries - we finished this year with 13 guys on IR, that doesn't even make sense, and no one can predict when those are going to happen. Really tough to win when you are missing so many of your guys.

They're going to have 10 picks in the draft this year - Howie has acknowledged we need to get younger, so change is happening... and you seem very concerned the team has no elite young talent, but I still haven't seen specifically what players, in the draft or otherwise, you would like to see to turn things around.

Wentz should get you a few draft picks in a trade, who do you have a conviction for? I haven't seen any posts from you on the college prospects board... who in your opinion is the "elite young talent" we need to bring here to beat Baltimore and Seattle and Pittsburgh and Arizona next season?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying there's no hope now... oh well, I guess we should all just go and bandwagon for the team with the most young talent and see how it goes from there. Who would that be by the way?

The Eagles had a window with the vets that won a Superbowl just two years ago - Howie tried to extend that window as much as he could, and yes at the expense of adding young talent to the roster, to the chagrin of many. But the last two seasons the team has been absolutely ravaged by injuries - we finished this year with 13 guys on IR, that doesn't even make sense, and no one can predict when those are going to happen. Really tough to win when you are missing so many of your guys.

They're going to have 10 picks in the draft this year - Howie has acknowledged we need to get younger, so change is happening... and you seem very concerned the team has no elite young talent, but I still haven't seen specifically what players, in the draft or otherwise, you would like to see to turn things around.

Wentz should get you a few draft picks in a trade, who do you have a conviction for? I haven't seen any posts from you on the college prospects board... who in your opinion is the "elite young talent" we need to bring here to beat Baltimore and Seattle and Pittsburgh and Arizona next season?

Bring back Nick Foles.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- what does recognizing my team isn't going to be very good have to do with bandwagoning on another? why do i have to provide another team to you because i think we'll miss the playoffs next year? i'll still be watching them, hoping we win every game. and when they don't, i'll be waiting for the next season, just like i always do.

- the team has been ravaged by injuries in part because they are old. that's what happens. we're in a league where players are retiring in their mid 20's. running backs are washed up at 30. it's like the equivalent of having a team full of 32-36 year olds in baseball and saying "gee, i don't know what happened?" when they all wind up on the disabled list.

- i'm a huge fan of ceedee lamb. but he's just one player. you don't overhaul your team in one draft. it obviously takes numerous years. numerous successful years.

wentz is a circle and the current offense is a square. fans can keep smashing them together all they want, it won't change anything. gimpy, 40 year old, sitting on the bench all year mccown popped right into the seattle game and had the eagles driving all game. wentz couldn't move the ball for jack in 5 quarters against the same team.

point being; this offense can easily excel with vet QB's who have solid accuracy, smart decision making and a willingness to throw the ball downfield. people keep blaming pederson and the staff, saying the need to "tailor the offense" to wentz. NOPE. wentz needs to adjust his game to go with what clearly has worked for others. and he hasn't shown the consistency and ability to do so. you don't abandon a working system for ONE player. it's part of why schwartz is so great (and pathetically underappreciated by philly fans.) feed him slop after slop every year, and we'll still be a top 10 type defense.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ho hum. :finger2: