• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Pride

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad I'm not a T-shirt fan:lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I brought up pre-season polls as something that are worthless ... that's what I meant when I said I am with you on that one. I could easily dispute your last sentence, but I keep handing you your ass and you keep bring up other nonsense, so this discussion has run its course.

OK you are handing me my ass by using the nfl draft and all of the other arbitrary bs you bring up. The SEC IS only those 4 teams as far as production in the 7 year dominant era. THEY are the only ones who have brought a championship home OR even won their own damn conference. It is what FSU was like when they joined the ACC and I heard it all the time. FSU and then everyone else because they were the ONLY one doing anything of note.

I personally do not care if you wave an SEC flag at games or chant it. I just think it is foolish. Root for your team and cheer them on until the cows come home win, lose, or draw. THAT to me is what cfb is and has always been about. Not the conference mentality.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad I'm not a T-shirt fan:lol:

j58fx5.gif

:lol:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you don't get it. You seem angry and insulting. The fact that he is a Gator notwithstanding, he was kidding when he said what he said. There are lots of us here who will bust each others nuts, but we do it in a kidding, fun, flipping each other shit way. You, not so much.
LOL, So it's fine as long as you call each other names. LOL. Team SEC at its finest. It will be a cold day in hell when I get angry at something said on a message board. I'm too old to worry about that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, So it's fine as long as you call each other names. LOL. Team SEC at its finest. It will be a cold day in hell when I get angry at something said on a message board. I'm too old to worry about that.
You still don't get it. It has nothing to do with Team SEC. WizardHawk is Washington fan, and has dog breath. We get along. Mamba likes a team that wears clown suits when they play, we get along. All the USC fans are assholes, but they have the Song Girls, so I have to like them. Clempsen is a community college, so no one cares what they think. Etc., etc. Its fine to call each other names when we know it is all being done in jest. You don't seem to have that figured out yet.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't get it. It has nothing to do with Team SEC. WizardHawk is Washington fan, and has dog breath. We get along. Mamba likes a team that wears clown suits when they play, we get along. All the USC fans are assholes, but they have the Song Girls, so I have to like them. Clempsen is a community college, so no one cares what they think. Etc., etc. Its fine to call each other names when we know it is all being done in jest. You don't seem to have that figured out yet.
Where did I say I don't get along with anybody here? I can talk shit too, doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a beer with most. I live in Alabama, love it here. best friends are Southern Miss, Bama and Auburn fans, even a few Dawgs and Noles. But don't tell me it's not cool to call somebody a name and then do it yourself. I called him out for being hypocritical, that's it.

LOL at you thinking you know what I have figured out. Just drop that shit. I've been around long enough.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to this fucking hypocrite. What happened to "I don't feel the need to insult others"?

I'm not insulting anyone. That is just my affectionate moniker for my rival SEC brethren. Now, go jump back in the shower with Sandusky and cry to him about it. You are boring me now.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say I don't get along with anybody here? I can talk shit too, doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a beer with most. I live in Alabama, love it here. best friends are Southern Miss, Bama and Auburn fans, even a few Dawgs and Noles. But don't tell me it's not cool to call somebody a name and then do it yourself. I called him out for being hypocritical, that's it.

LOL at you thinking you know what I have figured out. Just drop that shit. I've been around long enough.

Damnit man. Are you on here 24/7? Do you not have a life away from this board?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit man. Are you on here 24/7? Do you not have a life away from this board?
Would you quit quoting me if you're so bored? Yes, 600+ posts in a year. I'm here all the time.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I brought up pre-season polls as something that are worthless ... that's what I meant when I said I am with you on that one. I could easily dispute your last sentence, but I keep handing you your ass and you keep bring up other nonsense, so this discussion has run its course.

What everybody saying who aren't part of Team SEC is that unless your name is UF, Bama, AU or LSU, then don't talk about "SEC Dominance". UGA sure as fuck isn't part of this so called, "SEC Dominance". There are 4 schools in the SEC that matter and make a difference lately. The majority of the conference sucks. Which is OK b/c the SEC is just like all the other conferences: top heavy with some excellent teams then some decent to good teams, then average to below average teams. Once again and read closely (you claim to be a Vandy grad and attorney so this should be very easy to understand): TEAMS WIN TITLES, NOT CONFERENCES......

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everybody saying who aren't part of Team SEC is that unless your name is UF, Bama, AU or LSU, then don't talk about "SEC Dominance". UGA sure as fuck isn't part of this so called, "SEC Dominance". There are 4 schools in the SEC that matter and make a difference lately. The majority of the conference sucks. Which is OK b/c the SEC is just like all the other conferences: top heavy with some excellent teams then some decent to good teams, then average to below average teams. Once again and read closely (you claim to be a Vandy grad and attorney so this should be very easy to understand): TEAMS WIN TITLES, NOT CONFERENCES......

Hate to take up for Georgia, but they were about 3 yards away from playing for and likely winning a NC in 2012.

Also, most people wouldn't be surprised if Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, or even Florida won the conference this year. Wouldn't really consider that 'top heavy'

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you really trying to say Georgia sucks?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I pipe in on this?

I'm not a mod so I couldn't see/say for sure. But based on the evidence you've provided in this reply, I think the correct answer is yes.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

It makes your team looks better when your conference does good.

I'll always pull for whatever outcome benefits UGA the most, but if we beat Florida, I see no harm in pulling for Florida to beat Florida State, it makes our win over them look better.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always pull for whatever outcome benefits UGA the most, but if we beat Florida, I see no harm in pulling for Florida to beat Florida State, it makes our win over them look better.

:nod:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS records by conference in reverse order.

Independent(Notre Dame)
0-1
Pac-12 *1-2
Big-10 1-2
Big East 1-2
ACC 2-2
Big-12 2-5
SEC 9-2

----Current Conference adjusted----

Pac-12 *1-2
Big10 1-3
Big12 2-4
ACC 3-4
SEC 9-2

Pac-12 forfeited their only.

1 of those SEC losses was LSU losing to Alabama.

# of teams that have appeared for each conference.

Ind - 1
Big10 - 1
ACC - 1
Pac12 - 2
BigEast - 2
Big12 - 3
SEC - 5

----Current Conference adjusted----

Big10 - 2
Pac12 - 2
Big12 - 2
ACC - 3
SEC - 5

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, most people wouldn't be surprised if Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, or even Florida won the conference this year. Wouldn't really consider that 'top heavy'
A team with two quaterbacks has no quarterback. But a conference with six contenders has SIX DOMINANT TEAMS!