• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Power Rankings - YTD Review

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another one I've been waiting for. Explanation?

The B1G currently only has one top 20. That is very bad. Yes, they have 3 from 20-25, but outside Wisconsin I don't think MSU and Michigan are as good as you do. The B1G did nothing as a whole in OOC action outside of a win against ND, a very average ND team. 3, 4 and 5 are all close IMO but the B1G is slightly worse this year.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another one I've been waiting for. Explanation?

#1 SEC (Gotta actually beat their best to knock them down a notch)
#2 Pac 12 (If not for above would be a tie for #1)
#3 ACC (The top 4 better than the top 4 in the in the Big 12 and B1G)
#4 Big 12 (The top half still the top half, just down at the same time)
#5 B1G (tOSU and nothing much else better than middle of the pack ACC teams)
#6 AAC (To place them anywhere else is either silly, stupid or spitefull)

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G currently only has one top 20. That is very bad. Yes, they have 3 from 20-25, but outside Wisconsin I don't think MSU and Michigan are as good as you do. The B1G did nothing as a whole in OOC action outside of a win against ND, a very average ND team. 3, 4 and 5 are all close IMO but the B1G is slightly worse this year.

You say that, but what has any team at all from the Big 12 done?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Damn. I pulled up the wrong game. Clemson was winning the NCST game 26-7 with 4 minutes to go. Seems like they won that one handily. Your views on Clemson's wins seem to be at direct odds with your opinion on OSU's wins.

What games does OSU have against a team as bad as BC that we needed a 4th quarter comeback against? Clemson was winning that game in large part due to the very scrutinized horrible officiating call. What game does OSU have that parallels this?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, you pretty much summed it up perfectly.

LMAO, ok. Baylor has literally beaten nobody. Okie State lost to a WVU team that doesn't have a single player that most CFB fans can even name. Baylor, Oklahoma State, Miami and Clemson claim 0 wins over ranked teams while Ohio State and Michigan both do (Oklahoma's best win is against Michigan's best win, so that's a wash). Texas got their shit pushed in against 2 unranked teams and then turned around and kicked the shit out of Oklahoma. Time for you to move along.

Ohio State would be the 2nd best team in the conference......maybe....
In the PAC maybe.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that, but what has any team at all from the Big 12 done?

The same exact thing. I'm not proclaiming the Big 12 as some great conference. Like I said you could nitpick the bottom 3 to death. Although I'd say the ACC has a strong foothold on #3. I think 2-5 in the Big 12 are better than 2-5 in the B1G. And the #1 teams in both conferences are basically equal. Baylor might even be better than Ohio State, oddsmakers would favor Baylor on a neutral field by about 6.5. Both bottom of the conferences are equally shitty.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the PAC maybe.

In the Pac 12 definitely, in the SEC they'd challenge for 1st. Give me one team in the SEC aside from Bama that gives any legitimate reason they are better than Ohio State.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 SEC (Gotta actually beat their best to knock them down a notch)
#2 Pac 12 (If not for above would be a tie for #1)
#3 ACC (The top 4 better than the top 4 in the in the Big 12 and B1G)
#4 Big 12 (The top half still the top half, just down at the same time)
#5 B1G (tOSU and nothing much else better than middle of the pack ACC teams)
#6 AAC (To place them anywhere else is either silly, stupid or spitefull)

Ditto.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, Sagarin has it at:

#1 SEC
#2 PAC (SEC, PAC, and B12 are very close in ratings)
#3 B12
#4 B1G
#5 ACC (B1G and ACC are close in ratings, and about 5 pts behind the SEC/PAC/B12 grouping)
#6 AAC (about 5 points behind the B1G/ACC and 10pts behind the SEC/PAC/B12)

While the top end of the ACC is very good this year, the bottom end is still very bad too. If FSU, GT, Clemson, et all win their rivalry OOC games, this may go up some.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Pac 12 definitely, in the SEC they'd challenge for 1st. Give me one team in the SEC aside from Bama that gives any legitimate reason they are better than Ohio State.
Ok first you bitch about me saying X team could beat Y team then you write a post asking me to do just that.

So what exactly do you really want in your bi-polar brain?

Alabama
Auburn
South Carolina (with a healthy Shaw)
Texas A&M
LSU
Mizzou
healthy Georgia
even Ole Miss

If Iowa is tied with you going into the 4th Qtr then I would argue all the above list has a legitimate shot at beating you.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok first you bitch about me saying X team could beat Y team then you write a post asking me to do just that.

Alabama
Auburn
Texas A&M
LSU
Mizzou
healthy Georgia
even Ole Miss

If Iowa is tied with you going into the 4th Qtr then I would argue all the above list has a legitimate shot at beating you.

To be fair Iowa pretty much dominates the SEC though ( historically speaking ) LOL

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what ?

:laugh3:

You can laugh all you want but its a fact that Baylor would be favored against Ohio State. Does that mean Baylor would win? No, because anything can happen in one game. But don't laugh it off like it wouldn't be a game.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can laugh all you want but its a fact that Baylor would be favored against Ohio State. Does that mean Baylor would win? No, because anything can happen in one game. But don't laugh it off like it wouldn't be a game.

How do you figure that as a fact?

I think it would be a good game but tOSU would win.

They have the offense to run with Baylor and they have a much better D.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Wisky either.

They are 3-1 in the B1G. Their 3 wins are against teams that are a combined 0-10 in the conference.
Their other 2 wins are Massachusetts and Tenn Tech.

They don't play Michigan, MSU, or Nebraska so they will likely not have a chance for a good win all year...at least until bowl time.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure that as a fact?

I think it would be a good game but tOSU would win.

They have the offense to run with Baylor and they have a much better D.
-

FEI and S&P+ has Baylor's defense ranked higher than OSU at this pt of the season. Not sure that will hold up, but the defenses are closer than you probably think. (that was coming into this week, not updated for this week yet)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Answer the question. They would be favored based on what ?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama
Auburn
Texas A&M
LSU
Mizzou
healthy Georgia
even Ole Miss

Wow, let's try this again. Reading comprehension is tougher for others, I guess.

I said it's stupid that your entire argument is that (insert team) is better than Ohio State without any kind of logic or evidence behind it. Aside from Alabama, none of those teams have proven to be as good as Ohio State. We're 5th in the nation in scoring offense and 15th in scoring defense. We've beaten 4 teams that currently have a winning record. Meanwhile I see LSU struggle to get past a bad FCS team until the second half, healthy Georgia is nothing but a hypothetical (the most recent common opponent we had, 2012 Nebraska, was beaten far more convincingly by OSU), Ole Miss is a 5-3 team that has accomplished literally nothing in god knows how long, Mizzou is a flash in the pan who has also accomplished nothing, A&M has no defense, Auburn is a nice team that will likely get flattened by Bama, and South Carolina scares nobody at all. Ohio State has a better coach than all of those teams and better talent than all of those teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an FYI ( as Im sure you know) odds are set based off of public perception to drive betting towards the least likely outcome so that the oddsmakers make the most money. Public perception is that Baylor sores like 90 points per game and that OSU is overrated because they play in the B10. The -6.5 or -7 ( depending on which site you look at) is designed to make it attractive for the public to bet on Baylor because the sharps know that the most likely outcome is a much closer game, perhaps even an OSU win. I find it amusing when people think a team being favored means that "Vegas" considers them better. Alot of the time thats not the case, its all about the benjamins brother. LOL