• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Power Rankings - YTD Review

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio State's schedule is horrible.
2. Don't go putting down other team's wins when your big win is against a 5 -2 Whisky.
3. I've seen Michigan play this year and it ain't pretty by a long shot you guys will kill them.
4. If Ohio State played in the SEC West they would most likely have at least 2 losses right now and wouldn't rank higher than 3rd in the division. In the East it would depend on your schedule.
5. FSU and Clemson both beat Ohio State right now and I think Baylor, Oklahoma and a now what looks like an improved Texas would have a decent shot.

Get a clue and quit drinking the Kool-aid.

LOL, gotta love the morons who only can say "(insert team) would definitely beat Ohio State" as if that somehow is a fact or a legitimate argument. Ohio State's schedule is no fault of their own, but it's tougher than anything Baylor, Texas Tech and Okie State are facing. Nice hypothetical about OSU in the SEC West since it has no merit nor is there anything that would suggest they wouldn't be a top team in that division or any other division in football. Clemson is dogshit that barely can beat BC and NC State. Ohio State would beat their brakes off without a doubt right now.

Keep going though, you're making yourself look real smart. :lol:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I think Washington is a pretty solid. I think there are 8-9 teams in the Pac that can ruin your day. I also think there is bias in the SEC. More to the fact that Georgia and Florida are decimated by injuries. They just are not what we thought they would be. Mizzu is not even the same,now that they lost their QB.This is kind of a BS statement, but if WSU can hang with Auburn I think Washington can hang around with a lot of SEC teams.

Who?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio State's schedule is horrible.
2. Don't go putting down other team's wins when your big win is against a 5 -2 Whisky.
3. I've seen Michigan play this year and it ain't pretty by a long shot you guys will kill them.
4. If Ohio State played in the SEC West they would most likely have at least 2 losses right now and wouldn't rank higher than 3rd in the division. In the East it would depend on your schedule.
5. FSU and Clemson both beat Ohio State right now and I think Baylor, Oklahoma and a now what looks like an improved Texas would have a decent shot.

Get a clue and quit drinking the Kool-aid.

Ohio State would be the 2nd best team in the conference......maybe....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a team has a perceived weak schedule, doesn't mean that team is weak.

Frankly theres not enough data to support anyones argument here. We all have opinions but they really don't matter.

Personally I think tOSU would beat Oregon and could beat both BAMA and FSU. They have one of the best coaches in the country, high quality recruits and are working on 2 undefeated seasons in a row in an AQ conference.

Too bad the playoffs arent here this year because I'd like to win some money on the Buckeyes.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't guess he was a Husky fan with that one...^^^

LOL

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, gotta love the morons who only can say "(insert team) would definitely beat Ohio State" as if that somehow is a fact or a legitimate argument. Ohio State's schedule is no fault of their own, but it's tougher than anything Baylor, Texas Tech and Okie State are facing. Nice hypothetical about OSU in the SEC West since it has no merit nor is there anything that would suggest they wouldn't be a top team in that division or any other division in football. Clemson is dogshit that barely can beat BC and NC State. Ohio State would beat their brakes off without a doubt right now.

But he will fire back about that awesome Iowa/OSU game. Northwestern was also very tight. Keep in mind that BC game was not nearly as close as the score. Clemson had over 200 more yards. Missed pts on 5-6 straight possession into BC territory. Clemson was winning 41-24 at half and 62-38 going into the 4Q. Not sure why you think that was a tough game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no dis on tOSU. Its just funny coming from IB.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tOSU could barely beat a shitty N'Western team and awful Iowa team, yet they would beat the brakes off of Clemson without a doubt?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't guess he was a Husky fan with that one...^^^

LOL

So what. Being a fan of the Huskies has nothing to do with my opinion that tOSU would beat Oregon.

I really hope they both wind up in the Rose Bowl so it's proven on the field.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he will fire back about that awesome Iowa/OSU game. Northwestern was also very tight. Keep in mind that BC game was not nearly as close as the score. Clemson had over 200 more yards. Missed pts on 5-6 straight possession into BC territory. Clemson was winning 41-24 at half and 62-38 going into the 4Q. Not sure why you think that was a tough game.

Clemson beat BC 24-14 and didn't take the lead until a few minutes into the 4th quarter. What game are you talking about?

Iowa and NW are both better than BC and NC State, too, so there isn't that much of a comparison there.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no dis on tOSU. Its just funny coming from IB.

I'm with you on this one. It would take a nearly flawless game for OSU to beat Oregon, IMO.

tOSU could barely beat a shitty N'Western team and awful Iowa team, yet they would beat the brakes off of Clemson without a doubt?

Northwestern was a 10-win team in 2012 who returned nearly everyone in 2013. They were at full strength vs. OSU playing at home at night. A 10 point win there is nothing to be ashamed of. Since then, they've been hit with injuries worse than UGA in terms of remaining talent. How is Iowa awful? They're 5-3 with all 3 losses being to ranked teams with their largest loss being 12 points.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson beat BC 24-14 and didn't take the lead until a few minutes into the 4th quarter. What game are you talking about?

Iowa and NW are both better than BC and NC State, too, so there isn't that much of a comparison there.
actually both games. Clemson had over 200 more yards tha BC. turnovers, missed FGs, and couple missed 4th downs made it look a lot closer than the action. The other one was NCST. That game was not close.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually both games. Clemson had over 200 more yards tha BC. turnovers, missed FGs, and couple missed 4th downs made it look a lot closer than the action. The other one was NCST. That game was not close.

Neither of those games saw Clemson score over 26 points. What in the hell are you talking about?

The NC State game was very close. A fucked up ref's call cost NC State a momentum-swinging TD, as well, so that should've been closer.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. ACC
4. Big 12
5. B1G

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those games saw Clemson score over 26 points. What in the hell are you talking about?

The NC State game was very close. A fucked up ref's call cost NC State a momentum-swinging TD, as well, so that should've been closer.
-
Damn. I pulled up the wrong game. Clemson was winning the NCST game 26-7 with 4 minutes to go. Seems like they won that one handily. Your views on Clemson's wins seem to be at direct odds with your opinion on OSU's wins.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Big 12 - Baylor could be legit but the best team they've faced is Buffalo, the only team they've faced that has a winning record. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State both have bad losses to unranked teams. Texas Tech is decent but was beaten by the only good team they've faced so far. They've faced the 4 worst teams in the Big 12, and played 3 horrible teams OOC. Texas has been a huge disappointment...again. There is a very realistic chance that they will not fill their bowl allotment (7 games).

The Big 12 is down, no doubt. Not that far down though.

1) Baylor playing @ K State is obviously much tougher than Buffalo. So is Iowa State and WVU.
2) I wouldn't classify OU's loss in the RRR to rival Texas (who should be ranked) as a necessarily a bad loss to an unranked team. It's not completely wrong, but a little misleading. OU also has wins vs top 10 TTech and @ Notre Dame.
3) Texas is 6-2 with 4 straight wins, a win vs top 10 team. They will likely be 8-2 after the next 2 games.
4) Oklahoma, Ok State, Texas, TTech, and Baylor will all be bowling. Most likely either K State or WVU will get into a bowl game as well (not both). That's still 6/9 teams who will be bowl eligible. 67% of a conference going to bowl games is not bad.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Big 12 - Baylor could be legit but the best team they've faced is Buffalo, the only team they've faced that has a winning record. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State both have bad losses to unranked teams. Texas Tech is decent but was beaten by the only good team they've faced so far. They've faced the 4 worst teams in the Big 12, and played 3 horrible teams OOC. Texas has been a huge disappointment...again. There is a very realistic chance that they will not fill their bowl allotment (7 games).

The Big 12 is down, no doubt. Not that far down though.

1) Baylor playing @ K State is obviously much tougher than Buffalo. So is Iowa State and WVU.
2) I wouldn't classify OU's loss in the RRR to rival Texas (who should be ranked) as a necessarily a bad loss to an unranked team. It's not completely wrong, but a little misleading. OU also has wins vs top 10 TTech and @ Notre Dame.
3) Texas is 6-2 with 4 straight wins, a win vs top 10 team. They will likely be 8-2 after the next 2 games.
4) Oklahoma, Ok State, Texas, TTech, and Baylor will all be bowling. Most likely either K State or WVU will get into a bowl game as well (not both). That's still 6/9 teams who will be bowl eligible. 67% of a conference going to bowl games is not bad.

There are 10 teams in the Big 12...