• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Conference Finals: Washington Capitals v. Tampa Bay Lightning

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He has shown no signs of being at that level of frustration.

Yeah, and what team is right on the cusp of winning that has the kind of cap space that would be needed with the assets to give back?

Maybe if they missed the playoffs two years in a row or something and he sees his window waning. But I think more than anything OV sees it as his responsibility to bring a Cup here, not that the organization has not put together teams capable of winning it.

I also think that OV really likes and trusts Barry Trotz. This team and that coach have a great relationship.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He has shown no signs of being at that level of frustration.

I just figured all that grey hair he had was telling lol If OV think he wants to win and win alone in Washington more power to him (very Sedin like)

and if the Capitals would have continued to run out that core had they experienced another failure at the hands of the Penguins last round then yah that would be very Canuck like lol

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its worth noting that Barry Trotz has gotten out of his own way these playoffs. No scratching Schmidt for Mike Webber(!). No playing 7 D in order to fit in an injured Alzner. He kept DSP on the top line for too long, but that's the only questionable move he's made.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you have seen OV ask for a trade if they didnt get by the Pens?

No, he's really given the impression that he feels like DC is home to him. Something like that can change, but I get the sense that he'd always be comfortable here

I just figured all that grey hair he had was telling lol If OV think he wants to win and win alone in Washington more power to him (very Sedin like)

and if the Capitals would have continued to run out that core had they experienced another failure at the hands of the Penguins last round then yah that would be very Canuck like lol

Pls don't let this be our version of the Canucks 2011 run.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pls don't let this be our version of the Canucks 2011 run.

I hope that's not the case.

But I have a nice little stretch of road downtown picked just in case...

riotkiss-featured.jpg

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a hard core hockey guy, I watch the Caps and that's it. So please help this idiot understand how the fuck an expansion team is in the conference finals?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as sports gambling is kind of legal in these parts now, can anybody direct to a book that has a decent line on the odds Tom Wilson gets suspended again in these playoffs?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion IMO basically narrows the reasons down to a cliff-note level:

Series Thread: - The Royal Court series - Golden Knights vs. Kings

Thanks for the link but I'm still confused. Looks like the other GMs more than the rule set them up but it also looked like nobody expected them to be this good this fast. I still don't get it, they were not receiving the other team's top players. I mean I get the goalie deal but the rest were down the roster guys for the most part I would think

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you have seen OV ask for a trade if they didnt get by the Pens?

He has way too much pride and would want to keep trying until it happened.
I see him going back to the KHL before playing on another NHL team ever in his future career.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link but I'm still confused. Looks like the other GMs more than the rule set them up but it also looked like nobody expected them to be this good this fast. I still don't get it, they were not receiving the other team's top players. I mean I get the goalie deal but the rest were down the roster guys for the most part I would think

https://deadspin.com/how-the-golden-knights-got-so-good-1825934702

Some further explanation. Perhaps doesn't totally answer the question but provides some good insight. Looks like they might be a bit more vulnerable vs. the Jets.