• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: Michael Douglas
I'm dating myself.

Booth Cause GIF by Bones

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, with today's movie magic, they could probably pick it up where they left off.
Through makeup and CGI, if they could make Mark Hammil (Mandolorean), Kirk Douglas (Antman), and Kurt Russell (Guardians) look younger, they can do it for Keanu.
And Hackman looks the same. lol
Well true, but that was just a few scenes, with supporting characters, which was pulled off reasonably well...but an entire feature film on the lead role? I dunno

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but an entire feature film on the lead role? I dunno
How many scenes did they superimpose Chris Evans' head on the pre-Capt America scrawny body? Half the movie?

Then again, there's the entire Avatar movie.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many scenes did they superimpose Chris Evans' head on the pre-Capt America scrawny body? Half the movie?

Then again, there's the entire Avatar movie.

or was it a buffed out post-Cpt body and Chris Evans is really scrawny?

Hollywood magic!!!

GIF by Ghood Girl Magic

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even being a star wars lunatic, took me at least 30 seconds to find the Lil guy
To be fair, there were obstacles staring you in the face.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice any of the names drafted in the USFL last night? Granted I'm not nearly as up on my NCAA football, definitely not up enough to recall guys that were drafted in the 4th or later (or not at all), who never made it in the NFL, but usually, a name will spark something. I knew of most of the guys in the XFL, both times, but the USFL thus far? 'who are these f'n guys?' the Biggest name on the list was Paxton Lynch, who was drafted in the final pick of the evening, as a back up QB.

Day one was Qb's, DE/Dends/ Corners, and Oline..hopefully there's something that brings some excitement on day 2 with WR's in the first couple rounds of the day and Rb's later in the evening. TE's near the end. I WANT to get behind this, but if all it's gonna be is a bunch of "never will be's" playing against each other..who gives a rip? The XFL didn't make it, but it wasn't because of the names on the back of the jerseys, it wasn't because the actual football was unwatchable, it was the ridiculousness of many of the rules and the absurdity of the way the network covered it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice any of the names drafted in the USFL last night? Granted I'm not nearly as up on my NCAA football, definitely not up enough to recall guys that were drafted in the 4th or later (or not at all), who never made it in the NFL, but usually, a name will spark something. I knew of most of the guys in the XFL, both times, but the USFL thus far? 'who are these f'n guys?' the Biggest name on the list was Paxton Lynch, who was drafted in the final pick of the evening, as a back up QB.

Day one was Qb's, DE/Dends/ Corners, and Oline..hopefully there's something that brings some excitement on day 2 with WR's in the first couple rounds of the day and Rb's later in the evening. TE's near the end. I WANT to get behind this, but if all it's gonna be is a bunch of "never will be's" playing against each other..who gives a rip? The XFL didn't make it, but it wasn't because of the names on the back of the jerseys, it wasn't because the actual football was unwatchable, it was the ridiculousness of many of the rules and the absurdity of the way the network covered it.
Who was that one guy in the XFL? "Me So Horny", something like that?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that one guy in the XFL? "Me So Horny", something like that?
'He hate me' is the guy I think your going for. Rod Smart, he had a brief NFL run as a special teams ace, 3rd down type back, after the XFL as well.

Was one of the few

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes
Disney+ has a documentary of the Jim Kelly era Buffalo Bills. We watched it last night. It was so well done imo that i want to make them my 2nd team.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the Bills documentary is 7 years old. (2015)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes
Disney+ has a documentary of the Jim Kelly era Buffalo Bills. We watched it last night. It was so well done imo that i want to make them my 2nd team.

Is that “The Four Falls of Buffalo”?

Poor Scott Norwood.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's the name of it.

Watched it a few times. Love it, even though there’s no happy ending.

One fun part, was Don Beebe getting some nice fan mail after chasing down Lett (I think it was Lett) with the game out of reach.