• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem @TREFF

you guys watch Book of Boba Fett on D+ yet?
pretty blah overall, wish they would've focused more on him snapping all the gangs back in line as he takes over Jabba's old turf vs what we've seen so far.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem @TREFF

pretty blah overall, wish they would've focused more on him snapping all the gangs back in line as he takes over Jabba's old turf vs what we've seen so far.
I have liked it, although I've always been really interested in how they tell the story between ROTJ and Mandolorian, so that's all been fine by me. These past two...loved them, although not much on Fett.

I'm pleased, but, I can see why some dont love it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have liked it, although I've always been really interested in how they tell the story between ROTJ and Mandolorian, so that's all been fine by me. These past two...loved them, although not much on Fett.

I'm pleased, but, I can see why some dont love it.

I told my brothers that I found it very odd that my favorite episodes of Boba Fett didn't even have him in it

I figured Ashoka and Obi Wan each getting their own series would mean that we'll see that ROTJ - Mandalorian story developed. When it comes to the looks, they definitely nailed the actor for Boba Fett, but I'm fearing that he just doesn't have the acting skills to pull off being the clones, should they ever try to incorporate Clone Wars live-action version, which has been rumored.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told my brothers that I found it very odd that my favorite episodes of Boba Fett didn't even have him in it

I figured Ashoka and Obi Wan each getting their own series would mean that we'll see that ROTJ - Mandalorian story developed. When it comes to the looks, they definitely nailed the actor for Boba Fett, but I'm fearing that he just doesn't have the acting skills to pull off being the clones, should they ever try to incorporate Clone Wars live-action version, which has been rumored.
beyond stoked for the Obi wan series, hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Having not been able to get into any of the animated stuff, I'm certainly excited for Ashoka, but not nearly as much. I assume I could quickly get into a live action clone wars. And yes, unfortunately I don't think the dude under the Fett helmet has the chops to be a leading guy.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started episode 7

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and i are "casual" Star Wars fans. Without knowing (or caring) about the timeline or history of the charcters, Boba has been pretty brutal to watch. Just agonizingly slow. But we tune in to the next episode hoping that the story line picks up. Then the next. And the next. Ugh.

Almost makes me want to talk baseball.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
previous house was built in 1920s and had a lot of little things that were beyond my skill set - replacing basement windows with glass blocks, HVAC stuff, a little bit of wiring, and a steam boiler - yes, I formerly owned a residential steam boiler, and it took at least 4-5 companies before I could find a guy that knew how to work on a residential steam boiler. He owned a company that repaired reefer trailers, but somehow was the only person in Southern IL that knew how to get a boiler to work for a house vs industrial boilers meant for college campuses and hotels.

current house is about 25yrs old, and fingers crossed, haven't had anyone in besides HVAC and now garage door repair. Garage guy took what I was assuming to be a $3k-$4k replacement and turned it into a $450 repair bill, I'm nominating him for sainthood once I start going to church again.
I'm sorry. Did you say "reefer trailers"? I need to get me one of those.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson (former OL) got arrested last night for drugs. They listed what he had on him and I immediately thought about the scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas where Duke is talking about what he has in his suitcase.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson (former OL) got arrested last night for drugs. They listed what he had on him and I immediately thought about the scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas where Duke is talking about what he has in his suitcase.

Brewer & Shipley approve of this message.

Same Greg Robinson that played for Baylor and was a MEGA bust for the Rams?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and i are "casual" Star Wars fans. Without knowing (or caring) about the timeline or history of the charcters, Boba has been pretty brutal to watch. Just agonizingly slow. But we tune in to the next episode hoping that the story line picks up. Then the next. And the next. Ugh.

Almost makes me want to talk baseball.
I am an avid SW fan and it was slow for me as well. The season finished strong though!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get your hopes up, it's trucker slang for refrigerated trailer. I was totally let down too when I worked in a transportation role coming out of college
:lol:
I bet it didn't pay near as well as you thought.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched Episode 7 last night- I'm pleased overall. I'd have prefered Grogu made a different decision, but hey, gotta set up Mando for next season right? And avoid the potential plot black hole that would've still needed to be explained as to why he wasn't in the newest trilogy of movies (some may argue that plot hole still exists, but its at minimum explainable now).

Obi Wan, May 25th!!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched Episode 7 last night- I'm pleased overall. I'd have prefered Grogu made a different decision, but hey, gotta set up Mando for next season right? And avoid the potential plot black hole that would've still needed to be explained as to why he wasn't in the newest trilogy of movies (some may argue that plot hole still exists, but its at minimum explainable now).

Obi Wan, May 25th!!
This was pretty much the same way I looked at it. It also filled in the minor hole created by the creation of Grugu once he went with Luke. Why wasnt he ate the temple when Kylo fucked that shit up

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. Those.
I thought you were implying a NEW trilogy set.
I wish...something where the past three movies were all a nightmare in one of Luke's visions of the future, and the entire thing resets back to ROTJ would be fine by me :)

not that I dind't enjoy those 3 movies, but could've been better