• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP big fella, #@$%& banger of an album

if I gotta be damned, you know I wanna be damned, dancing through the night with you!

View attachment 287230

praying for the end of time so i can end my time with you!
Sorry but the album cover art is better than the contents. That said, i do respect the man. Heard a behind the scenes story that a big reason he got the part in the Rocky Horror Picture Show was because he had to sing his lines fast, but Meatloaf was the only auditionor who was legible.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but the album cover art is better than the contents. That said, i do respect the man. Heard a behind the scenes story that a big reason he got the part in the Rocky Horror Picture Show was because he had to sing his lines fast, but Meatloaf was the only auditionor who was legible.

Barilko and I enjoy some Meat Loaf, Joe apparently does not.

I guess it really is true what he said, 2 out of 3 ain't bad

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@femurov
That FB video was supposed to go to my other friend with same first name but I hit send anyway, apologies if it's not your speed but I figured it was all good

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Commanders

Hmm

Not what I'd have gone with, but whatever, better than WFT

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm

Worst kept secret ever, was already seeing that on Twitter the last couple days even tho 2.2.22 was the "big announcement day"

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst kept secret ever, was already seeing that on Twitter the last couple days even tho 2.2.22 was the "big announcement day"
Really? Ha, well I don't do much on Twitter, but everything I did see was Brady Brady Brady, McDaniels, Brady, Joe Burrow, Brady Brady, Gronk, Brady, FLORES‐-------

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm

Though it was fun doing the “WTF, WFT?” thingy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long story short - wife accidentally clipped the garage door backing out last week, I tried to "fix" it over the weekend and made it substantially worse.

guys at the house working on it said that it could be repaired vs replaced....sign me up, I'll buy a new one when we try to sell this place in the future.

for the 2nd time within the first 5-10mins of working, I heard him say to his apprentice, "ok, now we're going to do something crazy"......

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long story short - wife accidentally clipped the garage door backing out last week, I tried to "fix" it over the weekend and made it substantially worse.

guys at the house working on it said that it could be repaired vs replaced....sign me up, I'll buy a new one when we try to sell this place in the future.

for the 2nd time within the first 5-10mins of working, I heard him say to his apprentice, "ok, now we're going to do something crazy"......
as a construction/service electrician for 20+ years, yep, been there done that..although we generally wait until the homeowner/building owner is out of ear shot before doing so..lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a construction/service electrician for 20+ years, yep, been there done that..although we generally wait until the homeowner/building owner is out of ear shot before doing so..lol

LOL!

my home office is above the garage, these guys are in my top 5 of all-time repair guys for any services I've had completed as a home owner the last 10+ yrs.

were in and out within a couple hours, repaired a garage door that I thought was going to have to be replaced, then knocked $200 off the final bill. They saw the kids bikes and toys in the garage and didn't want to charge their markup % on a young family.

Words of wisdom - even if you don't have kids, buy some kids toys and throw them around your house when repair guys come to work

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these guys are in my top 5 of all-time repair guys for any services I've had completed as a homeowner
:think:
Hmmmm.
The fact that you have a top 5 list of repair guys is concerning.
Just how often do you damage your home?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:
Hmmmm.
The fact that you have a top 5 list of repair guys is concerning.
Just how often do you damage your home?

previous house was built in 1920s and had a lot of little things that were beyond my skill set - replacing basement windows with glass blocks, HVAC stuff, a little bit of wiring, and a steam boiler - yes, I formerly owned a residential steam boiler, and it took at least 4-5 companies before I could find a guy that knew how to work on a residential steam boiler. He owned a company that repaired reefer trailers, but somehow was the only person in Southern IL that knew how to get a boiler to work for a house vs industrial boilers meant for college campuses and hotels.

current house is about 25yrs old, and fingers crossed, haven't had anyone in besides HVAC and now garage door repair. Garage guy took what I was assuming to be a $3k-$4k replacement and turned it into a $450 repair bill, I'm nominating him for sainthood once I start going to church again.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
previous house was built in 1920s and had a lot of little things that were beyond my skill set - replacing basement windows with glass blocks, HVAC stuff, a little bit of wiring, and a steam boiler - yes, I formerly owned a residential steam boiler, and it took at least 4-5 companies before I could find a guy that knew how to work on a residential steam boiler. He owned a company that repaired reefer trailers, but somehow was the only person in Southern IL that knew how to get a boiler to work for a house vs industrial boilers meant for college campuses and hotels.

current house is about 25yrs old, and fingers crossed, haven't had anyone in besides HVAC and now garage door repair. Garage guy took what I was assuming to be a $3k-$4k replacement and turned it into a $450 repair bill, I'm nominating him for sainthood once I start going to church again.
Well you got me beat by 20 years.
We downsized and bought a 1940 home in historic Woodstock. Even the home inspector at closing said we bought a very structurally well build, sound home.

But the electrical was a mess. Basically the entire house and detached garage were on 8 circuit breakers.

Need an outlet? Lets just tap into this one, etc. Kitchen and laundry were on the same circuit which was a problem popping a circuit.

I guess i am cheaper than you and decided to tackle it myself. Rather than rewire the whole house, i just worked backwards and disconnected the wiring where it tapped into existing boxes. Bent new conduit and ran new lines to new circuit breakers which also lessened the load on the existing breakers. Nearly doubled the circuit breakers.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got me beat by 20 years.
We downsized and bought a 1940 home in historic Woodstock. Even the home inspector at closing said we bought a very structurally well build, sound home.

But the electrical was a mess. Basically the entire house and detached garage were on 8 circuit breakers.

Need an outlet? Lets just tap into this one, etc. Kitchen and laundry were on the same circuit which was a problem popping a circuit.

I guess i am cheaper than you and decided to tackle it myself. Rather than rewire the whole house, i just worked backwards and disconnected the wiring where it tapped into existing boxes. Bent new conduit and ran new lines to new circuit breakers which also lessened the load on the existing breakers. Nearly doubled the circuit breakers.

I pick and choose the ones I take on vs hire someone, I had plenty of tasks on the Honey-do list while in that home and only so many minutes in the day. I was also very lucky to have a solid network of skilled tradesmen to tap into when we had the old house in the StL area.

Now that I'm in Nashville area, it literally doesn't matter, people buy houses $25-50k over asking price, with no inspection....absolute insanity.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick and choose the ones I take on vs hire someone, I had plenty of tasks on the Honey-do list while in that home and only so many minutes in the day. I was also very lucky to have a solid network of skilled tradesmen to tap into when we had the old house in the StL area.

Now that I'm in Nashville area, it literally doesn't matter, people buy houses $25-50k over asking price, with no inspection....absolute insanity.
Thats why i took the time off of Suicide and MBBRL, to knock out projects in this house.

Ran gas to change the electric stove to gas. (Seriously, cooking on an electric range is the worst.) Then we tore out the basement full bath and redid all that. The basement shower was an old metal shower stall - like they got it from an old abandoned camp area. Sealed the basement floor and reused the salvagable lumber to frame out new walls. Came out nice.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why i took the time off of Suicide and MBBRL, to knock out projects in this house.

Ran gas to change the electric stove to gas. (Seriously, cooking on an electric range is the worst.) Then we tore out the basement full bath and redid all that. The basement shower was an old metal shower stall - like they got it from an old abandoned camp area. Sealed the basement floor and reused the salvagable lumber to frame out new walls. Came out nice.

That's awesome, have my sights set on fixing up a lake house to eventually retire in for my end game plans. need to stop having kids or those plans won't become a reality, lol

love the Innsbrook area about 1h30m west of StL, golf courses and lake life seems like something I could get accustomed to