• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commish Wants to Raise Min Age

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part were the age limit is stopping that from happening?

The terms of a contract can be renegotiated. its not set in stone if both parties agree to let it go.

I'm not in favor of the age limit as it is apparently being looked at for the NBA (I am, however, in favor of it for the NFL). My issue is with you and Flauge claiming that something is racist when it clearly isn't.

Bottom line is this, when the NBA and NFL look at their players, they are all the same color......GREEN!!

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my question. If the NBA is predominantly black athletes, isn't the NBA racist?

There are a disproportionate number of black to white athletes. Sounds like racism, all these owners only want black players ya know.

WOuld it solve montsho and Flauge's problem if the NBA was 50:50 white to black? Does that make it not racist?

Sound like the NBA needs some "affirmative action"!!:lol:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my question. If the NBA is predominantly black athletes, isn't the NBA racist?

There are a disproportionate number of black to white athletes. Sounds like racism, all these owners only want black players ya know.

WOuld it solve montsho and Flauge's problem if the NBA was 50:50 white to black? Does that make it not racist?

What makes you think i have a problem? I said the policy is racist. Why would the NBA be racist because they allow all races to play and white kids practice their talents in other sports? It was truly racist before they started allowing other ethnicities to play. Thats when it was all white. Nothing is stopping more white kids from making the NBA but their work ethic and desire.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in favor of the age limit as it is apparently being looked at for the NBA (I am, however, in favor of it for the NFL). My issue is with you and Flauge claiming that something is racist when it clearly isn't.

Bottom line is this, when the NBA and NFL look at their players, they are all the same color......GREEN!!

What makes it clearly not racist? The part where you say it isnt or the part where you say bottom line?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White women are not allowed in the NBA yet.

th

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember in 2005 when the league raised the minimum age from 18 to 19.....

It was so racist that it kept young African American males from playing in the NBA from 2005-2014.
The NBA from 2005-2014 was almost 90% wealthy white suburban kids thank to a racist age limit.

It marked a radical change. Prior to 2005, the league was a haven for the social, financial, and physical development of young black men. The NBA was proud of its diversity and engine of equality.

Once they raised the limit from 18 to 19, suddenly the opportunities were no longer available.
Racism eliminated the NBA in 2005.

But it wasn't racist enough.
The evil racist leaders want to make it 20 instead of 19.
That will complete the master plan that was started in 2005.

Obviously my post is absurdity and nonsense at its finest.
But, it is the exact same thing more or less as 2005.
I cannot believe this idiotic thread is still debating this notion of racism from an age limit.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one claimed slavery. I said it is racist since it affects primarily Black players. Jim Crow was racist and it did not involve "slavery". Black people willingly worked for lower wages than whites because they simply had no choice. Same thing here. They are working for the colleges and they are not getting equitable return. You saying take it or leave it sounds just like what a white person would say to a Black person back in the days of Jim Crow. It may or may not be purposeful which is not my claim. My claim is that the policy has the net affect of keeping those Black kids that are ready working for free for the colleges and forgoing yet another year at hitting pay dirt for all the hard work put into becoming ball players. Thats racist.

I didn't say anyone claimed slavery. I only said slavery because that is when people do not have choices. These kids have choices. You can say they get nothing compared to what the school makes off of them but they get training for a profession and an education which I find to be pretty valuable. The vast majority need that training for more than the 2 years they'll have to stay. And, yes, the policy is more likely to affect a black kid than a white kid but that doesn't negate the fact that it benefits the NBA, the school, AND most of the kids. I tend to lean toward the side of if it looks racist it probably is but I think you'd have to be Plastic Man to reach all the way to this being about race.

Then why the age limit?

The same reason everyone who places age limits on their products, services, and employment opportunities do. Because they want a certain level of maturity for access.

Correct. Now they are forced to go to Europe to make money. Away from family and other support.

They also have a third option: pursue another career. I mean cry me an ocean. These kids we're talking about pretty much get to pick their school, they may get to pick from multiple teams over seas, there are semi-pro leagues all over the country if they are too pussy to go over seas, or again they can join the work force. But they have choices, they have far more choices than most of us do. So if it was the NBA or nothing I could understand your point but it's not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for those who think the NBA's proposal is "racist".

The way it's handled by MLB is that a player can be drafted straight out of high school. However, if the kid decides to take a scholarship, he is not eligible for the draft again until after his junior year.

Since it's baseball, we can assume that this disproportionately effects white kids. Is that racist? Or is it okay because it's white kids?

Apparently, the kids coming out of college also tend to spend about half as much time in the minors as the one's who go in from high school.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you guys are still on this?

Lol the season has started again let's talk some basketball

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anyone claimed slavery. I only said slavery because that is when people do not have choices. These kids have choices. You can say they get nothing compared to what the school makes off of them but they get training for a profession and an education which I find to be pretty valuable. The vast majority need that training for more than the 2 years they'll have to stay. And, yes, the policy is more likely to affect a black kid than a white kid but that doesn't negate the fact that it benefits the NBA, the school, AND most of the kids. I tend to lean toward the side of if it looks racist it probably is but I think you'd have to be Plastic Man to reach all the way to this being about race.

The same reason everyone who places age limits on their products, services, and employment opportunities do. Because they want a certain level of maturity for access.

They also have a third option: pursue another career. I mean cry me an ocean. These kids we're talking about pretty much get to pick their school, they may get to pick from multiple teams over seas, there are semi-pro leagues all over the country if they are too pussy to go over seas, or again they can join the work force. But they have choices, they have far more choices than most of us do. So if it was the NBA or nothing I could understand your point but it's not.

The point is not that they dont have choices. They dont have the best choice of going to the NBA to make top dollar. There is no sense in that if they are ready at 18. Lets not kid ourselves. Very few of them even attend all class let alone get an education they can use to make a decent living. You are entitled to believe in what you wish just as I am. At this point we will have to agree to disagree.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for those who think the NBA's proposal is "racist".

The way it's handled by MLB is that a player can be drafted straight out of high school. However, if the kid decides to take a scholarship, he is not eligible for the draft again until after his junior year.

Since it's baseball, we can assume that this disproportionately effects white kids. Is that racist? Or is it okay because it's white kids?

Apparently, the kids coming out of college also tend to spend about half as much time in the minors as the one's who go in from high school.

Sounds to me like the kid in MLB has some choice in the matter. Its not racist because the choice is with the player and not the league. How is this the same as the NBA? Actually never mind. We are beating a dead horse.