• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

comments about the game

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith looked pretty good. Threw behind a few receivers. The fumbled snap he may not have been ready for. He was saying something to the center between plays so I thought maybe he snapped it early?? My mane comment is that the team found a way to win. This has been something they couldn't do the last couple years. We found ways to lose close games. And vs Dallas we did that again, and when they started to drive today under 3 minutes... I was thinking, "Here we go again. Another comeback to fall short." But Smith made a great play and we found a way to win. I'm really happy about today's game.

Smith threw maybe two incomplete passes in the second half. Today, they won because of him, not despite him.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith looked really, really good. Showed an excellent inside move on several occasions. Athleticism can't be questioned, but I'd like to see him tackle better.

Anthony Davis looked horrible all day. Babin abused him every single snap it seemed like.

There weren't a lot of mental lapses from the interior OL today.

I want to see more of Reggie Smith in the secondary. He got beat a few times, but he's simply our best playmaker out there, IMO.

In his defense though, Babin plays about as wide as I've ever seen a DE play and that is a lot of space for a fatty like Davis to cover. I'm more discouraged with the play of Staley than I am with Davis because I expected more out of him.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would guess one drop would be that PA rollout where Crabtree was a half a step infront of his guy, lots of contact but Crabtree missed the ball, definitely catchable i belieed(thought i saw him made a gesture that "i should've gotten that one"

Clyde, I think Reggie is our best hands out there....

BTW, anyone, was Whitner out? think so.

He also dropped thqat long pass that Smith threw him where he knocked down the defender but got no call. He should have caught that ball and scored.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Bowman is really, really good. I was kind of kidding when i said we should extend him in a past thread because he has a few yrs left, but If it would be possible, we should do it. His value is going to sky rocket.

He had a big tackle on the first Philly series. I honestly thought it was P-Willie that made the play until I saw his number! Amazing!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to say that too many times in his 20 career wins.

AND, I don't want to get carried away here, this is the first time in his career where his Career TDs were more than his Career INTs. Not something to brag about but it's better than not. He's 30/17 since his 25/37 start. Every qb is helped by great catches for TDs and hurt by tipped balls, but add in all those tipped balls and he's nearly 2-1 in TD/INT ratio. Alas, to curb my enthusiasm, he is 21-31 W/L and add in fumbles and the ratio isn't near 50-50.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith looked really, really good. Showed an excellent inside move on several occasions. Athleticism can't be questioned, but I'd like to see him tackle better.

Anthony Davis looked horrible all day. Babin abused him every single snap it seemed like.

There weren't a lot of mental lapses from the interior OL today.

I want to see more of Reggie Smith in the secondary. He got beat a few times, but he's simply our best playmaker out there, IMO.

oh oh, dissapointing to read. while i'm not expecting instant performance, was hoping to read its beginning to improve.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AND, I don't want to get carried away here, this is the first time in his career where his Career TDs were more than his Career INTs. Not something to brag about but it's better than not. He's 30/17 since his 25/37 start.

Not true. In 2007 he had more TD than INT at the end of October.

In 2006 he had more TD than INT as of week 15.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. In 2007 he had more TD than INT at the end of October.

In 2006 he had more TD than INT as of week 15.

I wasn't clear - I was talking Career TDs, not Season TDs. He started 1/11 - I don't think he made up for that in his 16/16 year. If I were talking about Season TDs, he had that in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, and this year (at some point in the season each year he has played except for his rookie year).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Goldson considerably more than Reggie Smith.

Whitner was out. Madieu Williams started at SS.

I like Goldson for his big play capability but I think Reggie is a more reliable safety. But DG had a few ooooh hits today lol.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Goldson for his big play capability but I think Reggie is a more reliable safety. But DG had a few ooooh hits today lol.

I strongly disagree. Reggie gets caught out of position a lot for how much time he spends on the field.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goldson and reggie smith seem a lot better than whitner and williams. but none of these guys should be starters tho