• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to trading for any older, super costly vet, be them Rodgers or Carr.

Yes to drafting qb’s yearly until we find oen that works.

Yes to free agent vet qb’s as a placeholder or insurance policy, at a reasonable team-friendly price, which would include TH.

Howell, TH, rookie?
Howell, other vet, rookie?

I’m ok with either sitch.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz was a serviceable QB? Outside of Buffalo, he was on 1 and 2-year deals where he was mainly in backup duty. In 17 years in the league, he only started 16 games 3 times. He was primarily a backup....like TH.

Unless I am completely wrong, sounds like you are defending Rivera's decision to bring in Fitz again. It was an irresponsible move and signaled that he was going to delay finding a QB for another year. Rivera apparently was comfortable going in to year 3 with no established long term answer. It was another cardinal sin for this inept front office. Instead of drafting a QB, Rivera brought in a 38 year old journeyman to be the starter. As Sty said, it was a disaster and we all knew it would be...except you.

You still defend Rivera and his front office decisions and I still think you believe Wentz was the solution...but he got hurt.

no, you misread the post as usual. Sty and I were talkiing about vet qb's

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the mindset was wrong Dean and we told you that. It is NOT being positive as you say...it is common sense. Even if Fitz did start, the offense would still have been bad. You always claim things that aren't true in hindsight. You got angry with me when I disagreed with you that a Commanders led team with Wentz would have swept the Eagles in 2021. Nothing could be further from the truth. Wentz and the Commanders got destroyed this year by the Eagles. You then blamed the OLine for the loss but TH magically got the defense to play better and rallied the OLine. Now you are implying that the 2021 season got derailed by the loss of Fitz in week 1? You fail to address the fact that we had the 25th-ranked defense in 2021.

When you find your team doing the opposite of what other teams are doing...that should be a clue to you. You claim we should be loyal to the coaches and that Rivera has done "fine" with what he has, then you come on here and confess you are confused. Which one is it?

im saying what RR has done here. His philoshy was to bring in vet qb's and build the defense. Im confused on why he didn't play Howell after the CW injury.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both older both with injuries no matter how freaky it was

you miss the point. If a younger QB suffered A. Smiths injury his career would have been over too. A. Smiths age didnt matter with that injury.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to trading for any older, super costly vet, be them Rodgers or Carr.

Yes to drafting qb’s yearly until we find oen that works.

Yes to free agent vet qb’s as a placeholder or insurance policy, at a reasonable team-friendly price, which would include TH.

Howell, TH, rookie?
Howell, other vet, rookie?

I’m ok with either sitch.

I would pick Howell, another vet, and rookie. What new OC would want TH back? lol. TH was attached to Turner.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you misread the post as usual. Sty and I were talkiing about vet qb's
I am not misreading your post.

I am trying to offer clarification and provide facts. You were talking about Fitzpatrick and Rivera and I offered additional facts to the matter.
As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you miss the point. If a younger QB suffered A. Smiths injury his career would have been over too. A. Smiths age didnt matter with that injury.
You are missing the point skinsdad.

You and I are idiots. Dean is the smartest one in the room. I thought you would have figured that out by now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying what RR has done here. His philoshy was to bring in vet qb's and build the defense. Im confused on why he didn't play Howell after the CW injury.
How in the world can you be confused when almost every poster here has explained it to you a million times?

You clearly are trying to not understand and be argumentative. You offer no insight into this team and continue to be difficult.

You are not confused, it just doesn't fit your agenda and narrative. Big difference. You tried to confuse the board with your agenda posting for 9 months and trying to do so again. You need to stop.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pick Howell, another vet, and rookie. What new OC would want TH back? lol. TH was attached to Turner.

I’m not getting into it with you, dean. You have an unreasonable amount of disgust for TH, and an irrational amount of love for Wentz.

One trick pony, you are.

Needless to say, plenty of teams would lrobably want TH as a high quality backup.

We’ll see.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not getting into it with you, dean. You have an unreasonable amount of disgust for TH, and an irrational amount of love for Wentz.

One trick pony, you are.

Needless to say, plenty of teams would lrobably want TH as a high quality backup.

We’ll see.
I keep getting sucked back in debating Dean and need to just let it go. I walk away and then fall back in to it.

He fakes 'being confused" over and over again in order to get responses. There is a huge difference between being genuinely confused and simply disagreeing with something. He attempted to derail the board for 9 months posting his "positive" predictions and weekly Wentz puff piece. He is an agenda poster who wants to convince the world of his views about this team. I counted 4 posters that explained why TH started over Howell once Wentz got hurt. Dean literally said today "I am confused why Howell didn't start once Wentz got hurt". He obviously knows.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're like an old married couple

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz are shown that he was a serviceable QB for years. We got unlucky with the injury. CW they took a huge risk on with draft picks, but they saw potential with his ability. Unfortunately, his mentality hasn't changed. Alex Smith was a proven vet and again career ending injury, ended his time here.

Bottom line is that most of the QB1's here all had injury and you just can't win like that in this league. RR tried to trade for Stafford and Wilson but was outbid. The initiative was there we just can't hit. What i don't like about RR this year was his in-game mgt and the way he handled last year QB situation.
Each and every thing you said is true but knowing that more than one thing can hold true at the same time, they are also excuses for incompetence. You don't get paid in this league for trying, you get paid for results and deservedly fired for failure, the recent exception are those with an "interim" job.
How is it possible that there were those of us here who knew well in advance that neither the Fitzpatrick nor the Wince BS wasn't going to work and those who were highly paid did not?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t miss any point I said he would get injured before it happened

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of money!!

That said, I believe that this is more of an indictment on the FO than anything else. NFL players have pretty short careers and to a man will tell you that the ultimate goal is winning it all, perhaps more than one time. When it is noticeable to all that winning it all isn't a priority then all that's left is getting paid. I can't blame any of them for trying to maximize their income.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world can you be confused when almost every poster here has explained it to you a million times?

You clearly are trying to not understand and be argumentative. You offer no insight into this team and continue to be difficult.

You are not confused, it just doesn't fit your agenda and narrative. Big difference. You tried to confuse the board with your agenda posting for 9 months and trying to do so again. You need to stop.

no. Alot of people wanted Howell, just not on this board. You think this board is law, its not. No agenda. Comon sense really

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One trick pony, you are.

We’ll see.

no one trick pony here. AM i the only one that can see that TH is not the answer here? TH was brought in by Turner, are you denying that? I hope teams do and overpay for a guy who has proven he is not a quality nfl qb.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of money!!

That said, I believe that this is more of an indictment on the FO than anything else. NFL players have pretty short careers and to a man will tell you that the ultimate goal is winning it all, perhaps more than one time. When it is noticeable to all that winning it all isn't a priority then all that's left is getting paid. I can't blame any of them for trying to maximize their income.
I dont know @Stymietee. Curl got a couple of All-Pro votes from the players and coaches. Might be a deal when it's all said and done. Lot of money though for sure.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each and every thing you said is true but knowing that more than one thing can hold true at the same time, they are also excuses for incompetence. You don't get paid in this league for trying, you get paid for results and deservedly fired for failure, the recent exception are those with an "interim" job.
How is it possible that there were those of us here who knew well in advance that neither the Fitzpatrick nor the Wince BS wasn't going to work and those who were highly paid did not?

you made good predictions, but no one has a crystal ball. They went the vet route. Everyone wants to draft a superstar rookie QB in round 1 but most of time it doesn't work out. The bust rate is huge. There is no cookie cutter way to find one. Luck has alot of do with it. There are different avenues to take to find one. We are just one of the unluckiest teams in the league. Dealing with injuries and off field stuff.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a parent says and what the players wants are 2 different things