• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team in the league would love to have a .500 career starter with the moxie and guts of TH as their backup.....except Dean.

TH is in the league b/c of Turner. Lets see the offers he gets in FA.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 wins with bad qb play. A good QB would get another 3. Yes you did say we were the worst. I called you out on it Mutiple times. go search it. Of course, the oline was bad no one is denying that.
No I didn't
I said we were the worst run organization in the league and I stand by that. I also said we had the worst owner and stand by that.

What I did say is that we would get 7 or 8 wins. How many wins did we get again?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol elite. Go back to his games when the defense and run game dominated. Look inside that .500 record
Falco still has to move the chains when the run game and defense dominate . And he did

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol elite. Go back to his games when the defense and run game dominated. Look inside that .500 record
So every game he won since 2020 is due to defense and run game? He is 12-12-1 as a starter.

Should we go over your 2022 predictions again? I can post them if you want.

Hopefully you learned your lesson and your 2023 predictions will actually make sense this time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he wasnt ready and he wasn’t getting scout team reps at the time

4 year starter in college. All of TC and part of the season and the guy still is not ready? I dont buy it. IMO

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't
I said we were the worst run organization in the league and I stand by that. I also said we had the worst owner and stand by that.

What I did say is that we would get 7 or 8 wins. How many wins did we get again?

im not saying about your win total. nothing to do with that

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every game he won since 2020 is due to defense and run game? He is 12-12-1 as a starter.

Should we go over your 2022 predictions again? I can post them if you want.

Hopefully you learned your lesson and your 2023 predictions will actually make sense this time.

i know i predicted 11 wins. It was proven this year TH wins were b/c of defense and running game. Same as last year. Go inside you those numbers. How did your Denver and indy predictions make out? How about Your Matt Ryan claims?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i predicted 11 wins. It was proven this year TH wins were b/c of defense and running game. Same as last year. Go inside you those numbers. How did your Denver and indy predictions make out? How about Your Matt Ryan claims?
What about last year in 2021?
You hate on TH just like Cousins. We have all seen it.
My Denver and indy predictions turned out very badly. I never admitted to being a Denver or indy expert.
I am a commanders fan and proved I knew what I was talking about last year. I was also one of the first to predict the Rivera and Scott Turner disasters. So yeah, any poster here except you will attest that I know what I am talking about with this team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about last year in 2021?
You hate on TH just like Cousins. We have all seen it.
My Denver and indy predictions turned out very badly. I never admitted to being a Denver or indy expert.
I am a commanders fan and proved I knew what I was talking about last year. I was also one of the first to predict the Rivera and Scott Turner disasters. So yeah, any poster here except you will attest that I know what I am talking about with this team.

Hey you were right about CW. good for you. Keep thumping your chest. I had a positive outlook on our team last year and it didnt work out. get over it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you were right about CW. good for you. Keep thumping your chest. I had a positive outlook on our team last year and it didnt work out. get over it.
It has nothing to do with being positive. Being positive and making absurd predictions are 2 different things. Posters on here attempt to stay positive, but i don't see the over the top predictions that make no sense.
Even a Chicago bears can be positive without making outlandish comments.

You want to be right and you argue with everyone on here who doesn't agree with you....which is pretty much everyone. So don't claim this is about being positive.

Hopefully, there is no repeat of 2022 again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 year starter in college. All of TC and part of the season and the guy still is not ready? I dont buy it. IMO
What ? You understand that 3rd team QBs dont get snaps ? Talk to me about malik willis , not all rookies are ready , talk to me about Desmond Ridder , not all rookies are ready in fact most aren’t and you making a huge mistake basing you judgements on one game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with being positive. Being positive and making absurd predictions are 2 different things. Posters on here attempt to stay positive, but i don't see the over the top predictions that make no sense.
Even a Chicago bears can be positive without making outlandish comments.

You want to be right and you argue with everyone on here who doesn't agree with you....which is pretty much everyone. So don't claim this is about being positive.

Hopefully, there is no repeat of 2022 again.

wasn't an absurd prediction it was a very positive one. If we had good QB play, which I thought we would, it would of came true. Plus, our schedule did not turn out to be so easy. No one could have predicted that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ? You understand that 3rd team QBs dont get snaps ? Talk to me about malik willis , not all rookies are ready , talk to me about Desmond Ridder , not all rookies are ready in fact most aren’t and you making a huge mistake basing you judgements on one game

But those guys got valuable game day experience. Atl and Ten were in playoff contention when they were playing. We would have known alot more about Howell if he played after the Bears game. We know nothing now b/c TH played. Plus, very good chance TH is not back here. So, what did it prove to play TH? TH was attached to Turner. If you are talking about big picture, Howell should have played. If RR knew CW wasn't the guy after the bears game, he had to think of the future. he didnt. he played TH, which is not the future.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But those guys got valuable game day experience. Atl and Ten were in playoff contention when they were playing. We would have known alot more about Howell if he played after the Bears game. We know nothing now b/c TH played. Plus, very good chance TH is not back here. So, what did it prove to play TH? TH was attached to Turner. If you are talking about big picture, Howell should have played. If RR knew CW wasn't the guy after the bears game, he had to think of the future. he didnt. he played TH, which is not the future.
It proved absolutely nothing to play Taylor Heinicke other than you play to win the games. Having no other alternative you field your best player available.

What did it prove to play Carson Wince?

Wouldn't we know a lot more about Howell if they had never traded for Wince and played him from the start?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It proved absolutely nothing to play Taylor Heinicke other than you play to win the games. Having no other alternative you field your best player available.

Wouldn't we know a lot more about Howell if they had never traded for Wince and played him from the start?
Stop clouding issues with facts sty :L:D

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We DID trade for CW so we had to play him. The alternative was Howell when CW went down. Why are you going back to before the trade? Im talking about what happened in season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We DID trade for CW so we had to play him. The alternative was Howell when CW went down. Why are you going back to before the trade? Im talking about what happened in season.
You didn’t have to do anything . The next In line was Falco who won the job over SH

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, they traded for Wince, and no they didn't HAVE to play him...they wanted to, just to prove to the NFL world that they were smarter than everyone else, but they weren't. Hell, they weren't smarter than some of the posters here who were absolutely against the trade.

When you openly declare that your newly drafted rookie "wasn't ready" and the only other active player was Heinicke, who else did they have that gave them "the best chance to win?"
I know that you said that you don't believe that nonsense, but again there's proof...

Start Sam Howell? Commanders QB 'Still Learning', Says …

WebThe Washington Commanders are beginning their preparation against the Green Bay Packers today, and Taylor Heinicke will take the first-team reps in practice. Heinicke was …

To your point, here's why I continue to return to the time before the trade...

The trade was irresponsible, we all know that now and I believe that even you would admit this in hindsight...correct?

Would it have been equally irresponsible to not give those other 52 guys in the locker room their best chance to win, considering their well-established confidence in Heinicke versus what little was known of Howell?

So, knowing what you now know, you appear to be OK with irresponsible thing #1...the trade, and would have given your approval to irresponsible thing #2,... not giving your guys the best chance that they had to win by starting Howell...correct?

What do you suppose would have happened if the league "ruined" Howell before he had a fair chance to prove himself? I don't think that Rivera was ready to destroy a second young QB.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I am going to quote dcrising .... Why are we going over last year?

RR is not the worst coach in the league, nor is he the best. He is mediocre.

No matter how long they both play Wentz is better than Heinicke. It might not have shown last year but there is metric you can show me that I am wrong.