• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries to both Lance and Jimmy G forced their hand. Easy explanation!
a rookie 7th rounder is playing well. We should of give Howell a shot. Not looking at the big picture if they wanted to play TH after the CW injury.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we be concerned that Payne had his breakout year in a contract year? I want Payne back, but im just asking.
no , thats just an excuse not to resign him. look i tag payne , see if mathis can be a guy who is close to payne in production , then make my choice . last year we let flowers and BS walk with replacements who couldnt get the job done . it would be a big mistake to weaken our d/line to avg just to save money because you get what you pay for

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no , thats just an excuse not to resign him. look i tag payne , see if mathis can be a guy who is close to payne in production , then make my choice . last year we let flowers and BS walk with replacements who couldnt get the job done . it would be a big mistake to weaken our d/line to avg just to save money because you get what you pay for

I think Payne is going to want to be the highest paid DT in the league. Just like Scherff last year. Do you do it?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
falco did his job as BU dean , starting SH would be throwing in the towel and cost losing the team . falco rattled off 5 wins in a row and i suspect he would have started of better then 2-4 . in my opinion wince was not better then Falco in terms of this years production . no need to hate on falco , we know who he is but sitting SH was the best thing for him and he got his feet wet vs dallas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Payne is going to want to be the highest paid DT in the league. Just like Scherff last year. Do you do it?
i am going to tag him . the same shit was said about allen and he came in on a good deal . i am perfectly fine paying him 20 mil

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to tag him . the same shit was said about allen and he came in on a good deal . i am perfectly fine paying him 20 mil

I think he is just out for money like BS.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a rookie 7th rounder is playing well. We should of give Howell a shot. Not looking at the big picture if they wanted to play TH after the CW injury.
The season was not even at mid point correct?
TH was the backup and beat out howell in camp to be the backup right?

Rivera went with the backup, TH, because he thought TH gave the team the best chance at winning. Howell was #3 and had not passed TH at that point, as such, TH got the nod. TH is a .500 qb, so he isn't as bad as you think. He beat out howell in camp and was tabbed as the backup. If the season was over, yes, roll with howell. The season was not even halfway done so he stuck with his depth chart.
You are making this harder than it is and you are agenda posting again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is just out for money like BS.
i think he should be out for money , he can set his family up for generations .
thats homerism spewing from you , treat the guys right .
you claim BS signed with jax for the money . maybe he wanted both the cash and a chance to win and to get away with DC drama . we are still having drama
nothing on this team is going to change until ownership is changed
next year will be much like last year and until the new owner has made his choices and implements his plan its going to take time

quick turnarounds dont happen till you have stable ownership

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne isn't going to demand Aaron Donald money (31.6M/yr).

However, Payne will want to be the #2 highest paid DT--that means he'll want more than the 21M/yr that Buckner is getting. The franchise tag amount for DTs in 2022 was only 17.4M, as Payne will be in demand in free agency.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne isn't going to demand Aaron Donald money (31.6M/yr).

However, Payne will want to be the #2 highest paid DT--that means he'll want more than the 21M/yr that Buckner is getting. The franchise tag amount for DTs in 2022 was only 17.4M, as Payne will be in demand in free agency.

Right for him to stay here we have to tag him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season was not even at mid point correct?
TH was the backup and beat out howell in camp to be the backup right?

Rivera went with the backup, TH, because he thought TH gave the team the best chance at winning. Howell was #3 and had not passed TH at that point, as such, TH got the nod. TH is a .500 qb, so he isn't as bad as you think. He beat out howell in camp and was tabbed as the backup. If the season was over, yes, roll with howell. The season was not even halfway done so he stuck with his depth chart.
You are making this harder than it is and you are agenda posting again.

Big picture. How was playing TH big picture?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt I wanted CW from last offseason. Im not denying that.
There were those on this board who didn't want him before the trade was finalized and rumors started to get around. You have called it "Monday morning QB'ing" and I've provided you as my best witness as proof of "real time" evidence against such a charge. No one is saying, implying or otherwise disputing the fact that you wanted CW but c'mon man, not acknowledging the foresight and wisdom of others here, especially when this team as you've suggested needed a starting QB and didn't get one points to the incompetence of those who should have known better but acted in a way that failed the organization, those other 52 guys in the locker room and a fan base deserving better.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is disputing this. Im saying we sholud of went to Howell after the CW injury.
How is that possible when you have incompetence in the FO and at HC all packaged in one person?
They did not trust Howell and there are many reasons for this but the biggest one of all is having a dinosaur making the call.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ruining Howell and throwing him into the deep end before he was ready.

Rivera had to have known at that time that the OLine was part of the problem. He also was starting to realize that Turner was terrible.

He realized that TH and his escapability would help mask the poor OLine play. I am guessing Rivera wanted to get Howell more practice reps and understood that playing Howell after the CHI game would potentially stunt any growth and break any confidence.

Confidence is HUGE with rookie QBs and Rivera knew that Howell's inexperience and poor OLine play were not worth it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree on both fronts.
First, let's complete your opening line with "elsewhere"
Last... let me ask you this question about looking at the big picture... Are you convinced that this organization at any point actually ever looked at the big picture?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a call like this and either purposely or through incompetence failed to get what they described as "priority one" two seasons ago then such a person might be convinced that there's only one card to play. He made the call, and you want folks here to explain failure??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that this same argument has been made during the Kirk Cousins debate and one of the counter arguments was that in time being the highest paid goes away because of the market... So, yes to Payne and still a solid No to Cousins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a call like this and either purposely or through incompetence failed to get what they described as "priority one" two seasons ago then such a person might be convinced that there's only one card to play. He made the call, and you want folks here to explain failure??

of course, RR made the call im saying I disagreed with it. We would know alot more about Howell if he played more. I dont buy the was not ready crap. Just my opinion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now this guy should have seen time above mayo and he could be a solution for depth