• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is an excuse , the money will be there
I hope so.

Or else we need to hire the Golden St. Warriors finance guy. They have a team of All-Stars and are "under" the cap...LOL

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nonsense. rookies are played right away in todays nfl. RR comment of "he wasnt ready" was bullshit. We gain nothing by TH playing. If Howell imploded after 2 games than you could have gotten him out of there. Why draft Howell? Why trade for CW?
No sir, Highly touted rookies start right away not 5th-round draft picks! Rivera said publicly that "Howell wasn't ready" leaving the team with ONLY one option... Heinicke!

They traded Howell in order to coach him up, develop him, and eventually give him a CHANCE to start.

They traded for CW because they didn't know what the hell they were doing, and it was all so predictable... Oh wait I did exactly that!

1674785141506.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're playing Monday morning qb now. I understood why we acquired CW. I didn't like the trade compensation, but I understood why we got him. I thought it was anybody but TH, with acquiring CW and drafting Howell. It just made the move to TH really puzzling to me.
Monday morning QB huh? Well, let me introduce you to someone who will back me up and prove that everything that I'm saying now, I said before Wince ever took a snap for the team. I think that you'll be absolutely convinced by his testimony...

1674785490406.png

1674785542957.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're playing Monday morning qb now. I understood why we acquired CW. I didn't like the trade compensation, but I understood why we got him. I thought it was anybody but TH, with acquiring CW and drafting Howell. It just made the move to TH really puzzling to me.
Oh and there's one more thing, I was not alone!

1674785693524.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have you back brother.

Common sense is not that common.

Thank you for bringing common sense here.
Thanks, it's good to be back, and when it comes to common sense if you were here in my absence common sense didn't disappear!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dean will disagree here.

He specifically said we found our qb after week 1 and said that turner simply needed a strong arm qb. He said the trade could be one of the best in recent history.
When presented with data and facts, he got mad and told me to get off the board.

Dean has admitted he was wrong but still continues to defend wentz in a way and bashes TH.
I've responded to his threads and provided him with evidence that even he can't refute!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, Highly touted rookies start right away not 5th-round draft picks! Rivera said publicly that "Howell wasn't ready" leaving the team with ONLY one option... Heinicke!

They traded Howell in order to coach him up, develop him, and eventually give him a CHANCE to start.

They traded for CW because they didn't know what the hell they were doing, and it was all so predictable... Oh wait I did exactly that!

View attachment 319905
Oops Drafted Howell.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we be concerned that Payne had his breakout year in a contract year? I want Payne back, but im just asking.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we be concerned that Payne had his breakout year in a contract year? I want Payne back, but im just asking.
No!
Why should Washington and its fans be concerned over something that happens every year on every team without exception? I get what you're asking but why focus on his motivation, when he's demonstrated what he's capable of? The concern must be over how best to keep him and in that vein, I suggest formulating a contract, that not only pays him but offers enough incentives to keep him motivated.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 319905

Explain Brock Purdy mister irrelevant.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday morning QB huh? Well, let me introduce you to someone who will back me up and prove that everything that I'm saying now, I said before Wince ever took a snap for the team. I think that you'll be absolutely convinced by his testimony...

View attachment 319906

View attachment 319907

no doubt I wanted CW from last offseason. Im not denying that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain Brock Purdy mister irrelevant.
Easy
He has one of the best offensive minds in the game coaching and developing him.

Do you honestly think Scott Turner was going to develop howell and put him in the best place to succeed?

You yourself even admitted turner suxed, now you are claiming turner had howell ready? Which one is it?

Purdy has an excellent offensive coach and play caller. Howell did not.
It is very simple actually.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt I wanted CW from last offseason. Im not denying that.
We tried to tell you it wasn't going to work. Wentz is awful and was mildly successful in indy because of frank Reich and Jonathan Taylor. In the end, he still choked with the season on the line. He wasn't going to have Reich or Taylor in Washington.
Not sure why you didn't see that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy
He has one of the best offensive minds in the game coaching and developing him.

Do you honestly think Scott Turner was going to develop howell and put him in the best place to succeed?

You yourself even admitted turner suxed, now you are claiming turner had howell ready? Which one is it?

Purdy has an excellent offensive coach and play caller. Howell did not.
It is very simple actually.

point being a 7th round rookie was thrown into the starting role. Why couldnt Howell?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point being a 7th round rookie was thrown into the starting role. Why couldnt Howell?
Dean, I just told you in the post. Let me break it down.
Comparing Purdy and Howell is silly for several reasons.

1. Purdy has the best coach in the NFL and one of the best offensive minds calling plays.
Howell does not

2. Purdy has a superior OLine
Howell does not

3. Purdy has one of the best TE in the game
Howell does not

4. Purdy is operating with a top 5 offense in the NFL
Howell does not (WSH was 25th)

The 49ers have more talent on the field and coaching on the sidelines than Howell does. I know you don't like saying anything negative about WSH, but those are the facts.

You have to look at the big picture here Dean and not be tunnel-visioned like you do. You are still attacking TH and claiming Howell should have started after the CHI game. Howell was not in a position to succeed at that time.

Same with the Wentz arguement. You simply thought Wentz would repeat his up and down year in INDY here in WSH. It was a completely different situation and you never admitted that. Try looking at the big picture instead of just arguing a point over and over again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, I just told you in the post. Let me break it down.
Comparing Purdy and Howell is silly for several reasons.

1. Purdy has the best coach in the NFL and one of the best offensive minds calling plays.
Howell does not

2. Purdy has a superior OLine
Howell does not

3. Purdy has one of the best TE in the game
Howell does not

4. Purdy is operating with a top 5 offense in the NFL
Howell does not (WSH was 25th)

The 49ers have more talent on the field and coaching on the sidelines than Howell does. I know you don't like saying anything negative about WSH, but those are the facts.

You have to look at the big picture here Dean and not be tunnel-visioned like you do. You are still attacking TH and claiming Howell should have started after the CHI game. Howell was not in a position to succeed at that time.

Same with the Wentz arguement. You simply thought Wentz would repeat his up and down year in INDY here in WSH. It was a completely different situation and you never admitted that. Try looking at the big picture instead of just arguing a point over and over again.

Big picture? The big picture was to play the future in Howell, not the past in TH. The team knew what they had in TH and overpaid of a vet and drafted a qb b/c of it. I realize the 49ers are a better team, but Howell deserved a shot at that time.