• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. TH knew the offense, and the commanders were in the playoffs when wince went down playing the bears.
Dean still has it out for TH Chiller. He is still mad his hero Wentz was a bust.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wentz trade was the worst trade I can remember in quite some time. It literally made no sense. Dean didn't see it that way though.

I had hopes that Scott Turner / RR saw something in Wentz that others iverlooked when the trade was made, because I remember how bad he looked during his last year in Philly.

Nope! Stilllllll sucky!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hopes that Scott Turner / RR saw something in Wentz that others iverlooked when the trade was made, because I remember how bad he looked during his last year in Philly.

Nope! Stilllllll sucky!
The physical gifts are all there.

However, some of those throws against CLE were some of the worst professional throws I have seen from an NFL QB. Its almost as if he thinks his natural gifts will save him from making illogical throws or something. It is bizarre.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean still has it out for TH Chiller. He is still mad his hero Wentz was a bust.

I know dean’s drinking the haterade regarding TH. I dont really get why. Hating on TH is like hating on a AAAA baseball player: too good for the minors, not good enough for The Show.

Like David Neuhaus. Any O’s fans here? Remember David Newhouse (sp)? EVERYBODY rooted for that guy when he came up to The Show and RAKED for a week or two.

Why? Because he was an underdog, and a great story.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know dean’s deinking the haterade regarding TH. I dont really get why. Hating on TH is like hatjng on a AAAA baseball player: too good for the minors, not good enough for The Show.

Likr David Neuhaus. Any O’s fans here? Remember David Newhouse (sp)? EVERYBODY rooted for that guy when he came up to The Show and RAKED for a week or two.

Why? Because he was an underdog, and a great story.
Yup, I think it is because the fans supported TH and he wanted the board and fans to support his savior...Wentz.

TH is and will always be a backup. Nobody has said otherwise to my knowledge here.

Dean had a bad 2022 with his predictions. Hopefully the 2023 predictions stay on planet earth.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I think it is because the fans supported TH and he wanted the board and fans to support his savior...Wentz.

TH is and will always be a backup. Nobody has said otherwise to my knowledge here.

Dean had a bad 2022 with his predictions. Hopefully the 2023 prediction stay on planet earth.
The worst part is that I don’t even think that the commanders are that far away from being a legit playoff team. I think they need an offensive line for sure, and I also think they need a quarterback capable of making all of the throws. If they get an offensive line that can protect the quarterback for even an average amount of time, I would think the quarterback could find any of the talented receivers the commanders have.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wentz trade was the worst trade I can remember in quite some time. It literally made no sense. Dean didn't see it that way though.
Correct!! There were some here who knew that this trade or even a free agent pick up of the guy shouldn't be made, but hope strikes supreme for others and I worry that what they saw in Wince didn't cause them to punch out TVs or any such thing when the disappointment set in. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why starting TH after the CW injury was a huge mistake. Should have played Howell and would have known what we have in him. Now it's a risk to say if Howell is the guy or not. I think he should get a chance.
It's a tremendous risk and one that tells your veteran players that the upcoming season isn't worth an organizational effort to shore up the position.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it’s that hard, Sty, but I do think it’s a LOT of work:

A new OC COULD come in and get with Howell and ask him which 10-20 plays he likes to run (feels confident running, can recognize coverages, schemes, knows his reads against multiple defensive looks, etc.), abd build an offense around those plays with the skill players he has now.

Howell threw to Brown in college, so some of those plays could/should go through Brown.

A new OC could do the same with Terry, as he is essentially the leader of the offense (or its best player), and do the same with Robinson/Gibson.

That way an offense would be built around Howell’s strengths, instead of making everybody conform to an outsider.

Like I said, it isnt hard, just a lot of work.
It is well worth noting your use of capitals when referring to a new OC and what a good one might do and you're absolutely on point with that observation. Let's all hope that we get a new OC who is as wise as the one you're describing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why starting TH after the CW injury was a huge mistake. Should have played Howell and would have known what we have in him. Now it's a risk to say if Howell is the guy or not. I think he should get a chance.
Carson Wince should have never been a part of this team. There were zero upsides in getting him and factually just another attempt by RR to play safe as he did with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part is that I don’t even think that the commanders are that far away from being a legit playoff team. I think they need an offensive line for sure, and I also think they need a quarterback capable of making all of the throws. If they get an offensive line that can protect the quarterback for even an average amount of time, I would think the quarterback could find any of the talented receivers the commanders have.
I agree, that is why all efforts to finally resolve this long-running QB debacle must be their top priority! To be clear the top 6 needs of this offseason are:

1. QB
2. QB
3. QB
4. OL
5. OL
6. OL

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. TH knew the offense, and the commanders were in the playoffs when wince went down playing the bears.

Who cares? CW went down in OCT. TH has no future here. Plus, TH wasn't the reason for the winning streak. Even at that time the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants had way better records than us.

I thought it was anybody but TH, with acquiring CW and drafting Howell. It just made the move to TH really puzzling to me. IM not playing Monday morning QB either. I wanted Howell when CW went down.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tremendous risk and one that tells your veteran players that the upcoming season isn't worth an organizational effort to shore up the position.

nonsense. rookies are played right away in todays nfl. RR comment of "he wasnt ready" was bullshit. We gain nothing by TH playing. If Howell imploded after 2 games than you could have gotten him out of there. Why draft Howell? Why trade for CW?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wince should have never been a part of this team. There were zero upsides in getting him and factually just another attempt by RR to play safe as he did with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

you're playing Monday morning qb now. I understood why we acquired CW. I didn't like the trade compensation, but I understood why we got him. I thought it was anybody but TH, with acquiring CW and drafting Howell. It just made the move to TH really puzzling to me.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're playing Monday morning qb now. I understood why we acquired CW. I didn't like the trade compensation, but I understood why we got him. I thought it was anybody but TH, with acquiring CW and drafting Howell. It just made the move to TH really puzzling to me.
I was against the trade and told you wentz was bad from the get go.
It was never anybody but TH. You keep saying that and it is not true. He was always the backup.
TH started because wentz is that awful and howell was apparently not ready.
I am not playing Monday qb. Inhave said these things for months. Just like I said we were not getting 11 wins.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nonsense. rookies are played right away in todays nfl. RR comment of "he wasnt ready" was bullshit. We gain nothing by TH playing. If Howell imploded after 2 games than you could have gotten him out of there. Why draft Howell? Why trade for CW?
You don't get it Dean. You stay locked in your opinion and refuse to see the truth.
It is simple
Wentz was supposed to be the starter
Howell was supposed to be the developmental qb

TH was always supposed to be the backup. He started once wentz got hurt. He still started when wentz was cleared because TH won the locker room and the coaches finally realized how terrible wentz was.

You are the only one on the board who is still confused here.

I am not saying I agree with Rivera strategy but that is what he obviously was thinking at the time. As usual, he was wrong.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dean will disagree here.

He specifically said we found our qb after week 1 and said that turner simply needed a strong arm qb. He said the trade could be one of the best in recent history.
When presented with data and facts, he got mad and told me to get off the board.

Dean has admitted he was wrong but still continues to defend wentz in a way and bashes TH.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct!! There were some here who knew that this trade or even a free agent pick up of the guy shouldn't be made, but hope strikes supreme for others and I worry that what they saw in Wince didn't cause them to punch out TVs or any such thing when the disappointment set in. :D
Good to have you back brother.

Common sense is not that common.

Thank you for bringing common sense here.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against the trade and told you wentz was bad from the get go.
It was never anybody but TH. You keep saying that and it is not true. He was always the backup.
TH started because wentz is that awful and howell was apparently not ready.
I am not playing Monday qb. Inhave said these things for months. Just like I said we were not getting 11 wins.

It was anybody but TH b/c of the overpay for CW and the drafting of Howell. IF ther was confidence in TH those two things wouldn't have happened. TH started b/c CW got hurt. Im saying we should of went with Howell at that point to see what we have in him. The team knew what is had in TH.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it Dean. You stay locked in your opinion and refuse to see the truth.
It is simple
Wentz was supposed to be the starter
Howell was supposed to be the developmental qb

TH was always supposed to be the backup. He started once wentz got hurt. He still started when wentz was cleared because TH won the locker room and the coaches finally realized how terrible wentz was.

You are the only one on the board who is still confused here.

I am not saying I agree with Rivera strategy but that is what he obviously was thinking at the time. As usual, he was wrong.

I m not denying CW was supposed to be the starter. We should of gave Howell a chance after the CW injury. Why are you confused on that point? Now we dont know what we really have in Howell. FWIW Howell outplayed TH in training camp. TH played b/c he had more experience in Turners system.