• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. Alot of people wanted Howell, just not on this board. You think this board is law, its not. No agenda. Comon sense really
A lot of people did want to see Howell but most everyone (Commanders fans/non-Commanders) realized that we should NOT see Howell as he was NOT ready. Big difference.

The board is NOT law, but you clearly have an agenda and nobody thinks otherwise. You are an agenda poster period. Posting here on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day about Carson Wentz is all the evidence one needs.

It is NOT common sense for Howell to start Week 7 in the NFL. Quite frankly, it would have been irresponsible of the organization to do that. Howell couldn't even beat TH in training camp or in practice...now you think Rivera should have ignored the depth chart based on your hate for TH?

Let me tell you what common sense isn't:

Carson Wentz and Jalen Hurts being on the same skill level and equal QBs
The Eagles and Commanders being equal teams who will have the same record
The Commanders winning 11 games
Scott Turner having an effective offense with Wentz

Which one of those statements demonstrates "common sense"? You can't say this is being positive and common sense...you must pick one.

I have other famous statement from you if you want me to post them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people did want to see Howell but most everyone (Commanders fans/non-Commanders) realized that we should NOT see Howell as he was NOT ready. Big difference.

The board is NOT law, but you clearly have an agenda and nobody thinks otherwise. You are an agenda poster period. Posting here on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day about Carson Wentz is all the evidence one needs.

It is NOT common sense for Howell to start Week 7 in the NFL. Quite frankly, it would have been irresponsible of the organization to do that. Howell couldn't even beat TH in training camp or in practice...now you think Rivera should have ignored the depth chart based on your hate for TH?

Let me tell you what common sense isn't:

Carson Wentz and Jalen Hurts being on the same skill level and equal QBs
The Eagles and Commanders being equal teams who will have the same record
The Commanders winning 11 games
Scott Turner having an effective offense with Wentz

Which one of those statements demonstrates "common sense"? You can't say this is being positive and common sense...you must pick one.

I have other famous statement from you if you want me to post them.

whoa, i said Eagles and Cowboys would be top 2 in our division. I did say there will be 3 teams in the NFC east that will have double digit wins and it almost happened. YOu flipped when i said that but it almost happened. With good QB play yes we would have won 11 games that's not even an argument. I thought CW would played well I was wrong but to win 8 with the QB's we had was special. I said GIve turner a chance with CW to see what he can do b/c he hand picked him in the off season. Hurts had a crazy season this year. I didnt think he would have an MVP type season. ALot of people didnt. Plus the Ginats were a huge surprise this year. No one had that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa, i said Eagles and Cowboys would be top 2 in our division. I did say there will be 3 teams in the NFC east that will have double digit wins and it almost happened. YOu flipped when i said that but it almost happened. With good QB play yes we would have won 11 games that's not even an argument. I thought CW would played well I was wrong but to win 8 with the QB's we had was special. I said GIve turner a chance with CW to see what he can do b/c he hand picked him in the off season. Hurts had a crazy season this year. I didnt think he would have an MVP type season. ALot of people didnt. Plus the Ginats were a huge surprise this year. No one had that.
Wrong

You said the following:
Cowboys 12 wins
Eagles 11 wins and the Commanders 11 wins

This has never happened in the NFL. I told you 3 teams have never had at least 11 wins in a season from the same division. I told you it would NOT happen and I was right. Especially one being a mediocre team like WSH.
Admit it...it was common sense.

You thought Wentz would play well and were wrong. I told you that.

If you 11 win prediction was based off good QB play from Wentz, it was doomed to start. Just like I said.
Admit it...it was common sense

Why give Turner a chance when he was awful the 2 years before? What had he proven? Nothing.
Admit it....it was common sense

Hurts is a QB with talent who is improving, he is clearly a much better QB than Wentz

I actually had the Giants ahead of the Commanders and you blew up when I said that. You also came after Skinsdad when he said the Giants would NOT sweep WSH. It was common sense.

It might be best for you to stop responding to me. I literally prove you wrong each post. I am not sure why you keep responding to only get corrected.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong

You said the following:
Cowboys 12 wins
Eagles 11 wins and the Commanders 11 wins

This has never happened in the NFL. I told you 3 teams have never had at least 11 wins in a season from the same division. I told you it would NOT happen and I was right. Especially one being a mediocre team like WSH.

You thought Wentz would play well and were wrong. I told you that.

If you 11 win prediction was based off good QB play from Wentz, it was doomed to start. Just like I said.

Why give Turner a chance when he was awful the 2 years before? What had he proven? Nothing.
Admit it....it was common sense

Hurts is a QB with talent who is improving, he is clearly a much better QB than Wentz

I actually had the Giants ahead of the Commanders and you blew up when I said that. You also came after Skinsdad when he said the Giants would NOT sweep WSH. It was common sense.

It might be best for you to stop responding to me. I literally prove you wrong each post. I am not sure why you keep responding to only get corrected.

ok monday morning QB. i want to see the post where you had the Giants with more wins than us in the off season

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok monday morning QB. i want to see the post where you had the Giants with more wins than us in the off season
Saying things BEFORE they happen isn’t Monday morning Qb ing dean

you didn’t say “ good qb play “ you said wince and no matter how often we told you wince wasn’t a savior , you dug in deeper

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying things BEFORE they happen isn’t Monday morning Qb ing dean

you didn’t say “ good qb play “ you said wince and no matter how often we told you wince wasn’t a savior , you dug in deeper

well i wanted to give me a chance only after 6 games. He failed against Cle so we are moving on. We all know TH is not the answer. A new QB for 2023

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i wanted to give me a chance only after 6 games. He failed against Cle so we are moving on. We all know TH is not the answer. A new QB for 2023
Who said falco was as the answer ? We said he was a BU

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR said he was the answer when CW went down. I disagreed.
RR moved the next guy up on the depth chart to make a run at the playoffs . Falco produced in the BU role or qb2

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR moved the next guy up on the depth chart to make a run at the playoffs . Falco produced in the BU role or qb2

thats your opinion he produced. I disagree, the defense and running game were responsible for the win streak. Same as 2021.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats your opinion he produced. I disagree, the defense and running game were responsible for the win streak. Same as 2021.
and you are full of hot garbage there are several plays he made that helped the team win in every win and tie he participated in

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you made good predictions, but no one has a crystal ball. They went the vet route. Everyone wants to draft a superstar rookie QB in round 1 but most of time it doesn't work out. The bust rate is huge. There is no cookie cutter way to find one. Luck has alot of do with it. There are different avenues to take to find one. We are just one of the unluckiest teams in the league. Dealing with injuries and off field stuff.
I can't really disagree with you on some of this but we differ on a couple of points.

1. I agree that the "bust rate" is high but is that a function of being on poorly organized unfocused teams or as you infer the young guy being no good suddenly?

2. I agree that there's no "cookie-cutter" way to find one, but why venture into this by choosing one of the least likely ways to do it with a historical backup or a known "shot" player? Our team has been largely irrelevant for most of the Snyder ownership, even if it had worked and they got to, then won a SB that one hit-wonder approach would not have been worth it if the end result is 23 more years of irrelevancy IMO. The trade-off is too great.

3. I don't believe in luck, IMO it is the refuge of the unprepared and as such truly applies to our team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"but to win 8 with the QB's we had was special."
Dean ole' buddy I want to specifically talk to you about this line, AND THIS LINE ONLY!

What exactly do you mean by "special?" What made it so?

Keep in mind that 7,8, and/or 9 wins are typical for this team. Thanks!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are full of hot garbage there are several plays he made that helped the team win in every win and tie he participated in

go break down the games. he got 2 turnovers from the defense almost every game. Plus we had Robinson break out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really disagree with you on some of this but we differ on a couple of points.

1. I agree that the "bust rate" is high but is that a function of being on poorly organized unfocused teams or as you infer the young guy being no good suddenly?

2. I agree that there's no "cookie-cutter" way to find one, but why venture into this by choosing one of the least likely ways to do it with a historical backup or a known "shot" player? Our team has been largely irrelevant for most of the Snyder ownership, even if it had worked and they got to, then won a SB that one hit-wonder approach would not have been worth it if the end result is 23 more years of irrelevancy IMO. The trade-off is too great.

3. I don't believe in luck, IMO it is the refuge of the unprepared and as such truly applies to our team.

You have to factor in the injury factor in the equation. Name a team that lost there QB1 three years in a row? Then the Chase Young injury. This franchise has had some major bad luck. RR's philosophy was to go with a vet QB and draft defense. Do you blame RR for drafting Young at #2? The Monday morning QBers on here will say it was bust pick but at the time it was a slam dunk pick. He was rated higher than both Bosa brothers. Teams were willing to trade up to #2 to get him. So you are saying RR wasn't focused b/c he drafted Young at #2?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean ole' buddy I want to specifically talk to you about this line, AND THIS LINE ONLY!

What exactly do you mean by "special?" What made it so?

Keep in mind that 7,8, and/or 9 wins are typical for this team. Thanks!

We controlled our destiny in Week 17. We were playing meaningful games in January; bad teams don't play meaningful games in January. We had well below avg QB's and still won 8 and almost got a playoff spot. That is why I think this can be something if we get QB1 fixed but it's very hard to do. Its not all doom and gloom.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to factor in the injury factor in the equation. Name a team that lost there QB1 three years in a row? Then the Chase Young injury. This franchise has had some major bad luck. RR's philosophy was to go with a vet QB and draft defense. Do you blame RR for drafting Young at #2? The Monday morning QBers on here will say it was bust pick but at the time it was a slam dunk pick. He was rated higher than both Bosa brothers. Teams were willing to trade up to #2 to get him. So you are saying RR wasn't focused b/c he drafted Young at #2?
This is where we disagree... Over the last 3 years, Washington never had a QB1 and none of their temps were any good either.

Chase Young's injury was a setback but as a whole, their defense at the time wasn't playing complimentary ball either.

Again, I don't believe in "bad luck" any more than "good luck."

No, drafting Young was the thing to do at the time. Where I do blame RR comes from his public declarations related to getting a long-term answer at QB as his "top priority!" To me, it is a firable offense to make such declarations, and has a mindset that pushes him towards a career backup and a washed-up, shot, guy as "reasonable" substitutions. I don't care what he tried to do, his public declaration wasn't "I'll try" it was in fact, "It is my top priority!" Once again, you don't get paid for trying, you get fired for failure.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We controlled our destiny in Week 17. We were playing meaningful games in January; bad teams don't play meaningful games in January. We had well below avg QB's and still won 8 and almost got a playoff spot. That is why I think this can be something if we get QB1 fixed but it's very hard to do. Its not all doom and gloom.
when you win on average 7, 8, and/or 9 games respectively every season, for years, you're going to be playing "meaningful games" in January and we've mostly had "well below average" during that time.

However, I don't want to be too difficult, so rather than making another statement, let me ask... RR is headed toward his 4th season, at what point do you decide that he's simply buying time or is incapable of fixing QB1?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we disagree... Over the last 3 years, Washington never had a QB1 and none of their temps were any good either.

Chase Young's injury was a setback but as a whole, their defense at the time wasn't playing complimentary ball either.

Again, I don't believe in "bad luck" any more than "good luck."

No, drafting Young was the thing to do at the time. Where I do blame RR comes from his public declarations related to getting a long-term answer at QB as his "top priority!" To me, it is a firable offense to make such declarations, and has a mindset that pushes him towards a career backup and a washed-up, shot, guy as "reasonable" substitutions. I don't care what he tried to do, his public declaration wasn't "I'll try" it was in fact, "It is my top priority!" Once again, you don't get paid for trying, you get fired for failure.

I didn't mean QB1 as a franchise QB. I meant it as our starter for the team. RR didn't have alot of choices for QB's in the last two FA periods that would have put the QB position to rest.