• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you win on average 7, 8, and/or 9 games respectively every season, for years, you're going to be playing "meaningful games" in January and we've mostly had "well below average" during that time.

However, I don't want to be too difficult, so rather than making another statement, let me ask... RR is headed toward his 4th season, at what point do you decide that he's simply buying time or is incapable of fixing QB1?

Not necessarily. you can finish with 7 wins and not play any meaningful football in the last 2 weeks of the season.

It depends how FA and the draft goes. Do you think Howell is a find at QB? Does he roll with him this year? Does he get into the Rodgers or Carr trades? We were in the Wilson and Stafford trades. I did not like how RR coached this year on the field and how he handled the QB situation after the CW injury. As far as his drafts and FA, they haven't been bad at all.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate of this guy is unbelievable
All TH ever did was give 100% for this team as a backup and he went .500. He is a backup, he is paid as a backup, and the team believed in him and respected him. He is a backup period. The bottom line is that he outperformed Wentz and that makes posters upset.

I am tired of the repeated and targeted attacks on TH and can't believe it is brought up on a daily basis with agenda posting. The backhanded comments after each win were pathetic and laughable. He is a backup QB who wanted to win and wanted the team to win each and every game.

The conspiracy theory that the team magically got better for TH and decided to play poorly for Wentz doesn't even merit a response. Wentz had several games to show what he could do and dropped the ball. He had Robinson in the CLE game and still threw 3 picks and led the team to just 10 points with the season on the line.

We need to move on.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what part of BU qb dont you get ? this guy played better then wince

i get he is a backup QB with no future here. To say he was responsible for our win streak is crazy. Could had a good look at Howell last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is talking about CW?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start talking Brady or Rodgers because its going to happen, watch.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. you can finish with 7 wins and not play any meaningful football in the last 2 weeks of the season.

It depends how FA and the draft goes. Do you think Howell is a find at QB? Does he roll with him this year? Does he get into the Rodgers or Carr trades? We were in the Wilson and Stafford trades. I did not like how RR coached this year on the field and how he handled the QB situation after the CW injury. As far as his drafts and FA, they haven't been bad at all.
Now you're taking both sides of the road. On the one hand, you specifically mentioned the Commanders this year as playing meaningful games in January. Once I responded to that specific entity, (the Commanders) you then generalized the very specific point to the generic "you" as a reference to no specific team in the league, using "not necessarily" as it applies or doesn't apply to similar situations.

1. No I do not think that Howell is a "find" at QB 99% of my position is based on who's creating and planning for his ability to be successful on the field.

2. RR will roll with him because he has no alternative and isn't the type to take well-thought-out risks.

3. He will try with Rodgers/ Carr situations but ONLY to the extent that gives an impression that he's being aggressive towards improving at the position.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get he is a backup QB with no future here. To say he was responsible for our win streak is crazy. Could had a good look at Howell last year.
QBs fairly or unfairly often get more credit than they deserve and more blame than they deserve. That is just the nature of social engineering.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I learned while there is potential sale is current management does whatever they want. Denver signed Wilson before the sale. Now I think Russ is a damned good QB but clearly Denver is signing a coach to get him to play a LOT better than this past year. So it was $200+ million and a few draft picks to try and make this work.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a BU he certainly does

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00