• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a LT in the 1st it's that simple it's a position of major need and it's not a reach for any of them

its possible but I think we go CB. It's way too early to think about this stuff. So many factors to consider. FA should tell what happens in the draft.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its possible but I think we go CB. It's way too early to think about this stuff. So many factors to consider. FA should tell what happens in the draft.
Why go CB this draft is deep and you can get one just as good if not better later

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go CB this draft is deep and you can get one just as good if not better later

I dont know about that. Yes, the draft is deep at CB but we might not find a good one in the 2nd round. As of right now I like 1st CB Porter and 2nd OG/C Avila. Plus, I think the top 3 OT's are gone before 16. but you never know. its early

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that. Yes, the draft is deep at CB but we might not find a good one in the 2nd round. As of right now I like 1st CB Porter and 2nd OG/C Avila
The 2nd round? Hell they will be able to land a few late in the mid rounds just as good

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders HC Ron Rivera said the team has made a decision on exercising Chase Young's fifth-year option.​

Young appeared in just three games for the Commanders last season after his recovery from a torn ACL suffered in 2021 extended well-beyond expectation. The former No. 2 overall pick is set to earn $17.452 million on his fifth-year option should the team choose to exercise it, but Young has been anything but the player we saw as a rookie in 2020. Prior to tearing his ACL, Young managed just 1.5 sacks through nine games in 2021 and didn't tally a sack in his brief 2022 campaign. Teams have until May 1st to decide on whether or not they will exercise a player's fifth-year option, meaning there's little reason for the Commanders to rush to a decision.

Sounds like they are undecided looking like a Huge Bust

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders HC Ron Rivera said the team has made a decision on exercising Chase Young's fifth-year option.​

Young appeared in just three games for the Commanders last season after his recovery from a torn ACL suffered in 2021 extended well-beyond expectation. The former No. 2 overall pick is set to earn $17.452 million on his fifth-year option should the team choose to exercise it, but Young has been anything but the player we saw as a rookie in 2020. Prior to tearing his ACL, Young managed just 1.5 sacks through nine games in 2021 and didn't tally a sack in his brief 2022 campaign. Teams have until May 1st to decide on whether or not they will exercise a player's fifth-year option, meaning there's little reason for the Commanders to rush to a decision.

I disagreed with the pick when it was made.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did you have us taking at #2 at that time? Be honest.
I had us trading back and grabbing more picks. I respected Young but got turned off with his mid-year suspension for rules violations/accepting payment (loan). He is an amazing talent but he has not put it altogether yet. He has been injured yes, but he is going to want to get paid and I don't think he is worth it. You can dig up the post if you want.

I still don't think it makes sense to continue to add to one unit while neglecting other units on the field with draft capital. We now find ourselves with a complete lack of talent on the OLine especially because we got tunnel-visioned and only looked at DLine for 4 years. Again, just my opinion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had us trading back and grabbing more picks. I respected Young but got turned off with his mid-year suspension for rules violations/accepting payment (loan). He is an amazing talent but he has not put it altogether yet. He has been injured yes, but he is going to want to get paid and I don't think he is worth it. You can dig up the post if you want.

I still don't think it makes sense to continue to add to one unit while neglecting other units on the field with draft capital. We now find ourselves with a complete lack of talent on the OLine especially because we got tunnel-visioned and only looked at DLine for 4 years. Again, just my opinion.

true but at that time he was a slam dunk DE prospect. IF he didnt get injured he would have been an impact player and still could be. He was ranked higher than both Bosa brothers and Garret.

I'm sure there were offers to trade back. From what I remember it was CY or Tua at pick #2. At the time Haskins didnt play yet and I guess RR wanted to see what he was about. Plus, a banged-up A., Smith.

IF you draft on BPA CY was it at that time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tough to resign sweat and chase in the same yr