• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagreed with the pick when it was made.
herbert was on the board and you needed a qb and you passed . instead we took clowney

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had us trading back and grabbing more picks. I respected Young but got turned off with his mid-year suspension for rules violations/accepting payment (loan). He is an amazing talent but he has not put it altogether yet. He has been injured yes, but he is going to want to get paid and I don't think he is worth it. You can dig up the post if you want.

I still don't think it makes sense to continue to add to one unit while neglecting other units on the field with draft capital. We now find ourselves with a complete lack of talent on the OLine especially because we got tunnel-visioned and only looked at DLine for 4 years. Again, just my opinion.
the answer is was this a top d/line without chase ? i think payne is the more of a must have

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but at that time he was a slam dunk DE prospect. IF he didnt get injured he would have been an impact player and still could be. He was ranked higher than both Bosa brothers and Garret.

I'm sure there were offers to trade back. From what I remember it was CY or Tua at pick #2. At the time Haskins didnt play yet and I guess RR wanted to see what he was about. Plus, a banged-up A., Smith.

IF you draft on BPA CY was it at that time.
i disagree with you here . before his injury he wasnt playing anywhere near a 2nd overall pick . this guy is clowney part 2 , lots of talent and potential but not top notch production . we passed on herbert no matter how many of us loved the young pick and that falls on the FO for missing it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree with you here . before his injury he wasnt playing anywhere near a 2nd overall pick . this guy is clowney part 2 , lots of talent and potential but not top notch production . we passed on herbert no matter how many of us loved the young pick and that falls on the FO for missing it

he had a great rookie year and an avg 2nd year before injury. At the time of the draft he was a slam dunk pick. Herbert was not on the radar at the time of the draft. You are bringing his name up now b/c of his success. that is playing Monday morning QB. IF we went QB it would have been Tua.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had a great rookie year and an avg 2nd year before injury. At the time of the draft he was a slam dunk pick. Herbert was not on the radar at the time of the draft. You are bringing his name up now b/c of his success. that is playing Monday morning QB. IF we went QB it would have been Tua.
not true , i saw herberts sr bowl and combine and he certainly was the top guy . if we went tua then that would have been a miss as well

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not true , i saw herberts sr bowl and combine and he certainly was the top guy . if we went tua then that would have been a miss as well

he wasnt ranked over Tua at the time of the draft. Burrow, tua, herbert.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont give a crap about the rankings , pick a site and you will get different ones . and as a scout for a team team cant be concerned with that either . you evaluate the players skill set .

herbert's was better , bigger stronger faster better arm better athlete more durable .

anyone who had tua ranked above herbert was an idiot because of that hip injury and no one knew how he would recover from it

and if any scout , GM , pundit had tua ahead of herbert then they were wrong period . tua was never on my board at all and i will damn sure criticize them for it

its the same with wince , if you scouted him and researched him and said he was out guy then you were wrong period . i dont give out "you tried " trophies when its obvious the FO blew it

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team can play shoulda coulda woulda.

Chase Young was supposedly a generational talent. He looked to be heading that way in his rookie season, freelanced too much as a sophomore and got urt, and hardly played this past year.

Bemoaning his pick in hindsight is revisionist history, especially since there’s no reason to think that Justin Herbert would be who he is in SD if he was drafted by us, considering our coaching staff.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont give a crap about the rankings , pick a site and you will get different ones . and as a scout for a team team cant be concerned with that either . you evaluate the players skill set .

herbert's was better , bigger stronger faster better arm better athlete more durable .

anyone who had tua ranked above herbert was an idiot because of that hip injury and no one knew how he would recover from it

and if any scout , GM , pundit had tua ahead of herbert then they were wrong period . tua was never on my board at all and i will damn sure criticize them for it

its the same with wince , if you scouted him and researched him and said he was out guy then you were wrong period . i dont give out "you tried " trophies when its obvious the FO blew it

well then, every nfl scout at that time was an idiot according to you. If Tua never had the hip injury he would have been the #1 overall player in the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the site , Dean And again if he was ranked higher then they failed because I easily saw Herbert as the better talent

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the site , Dean And again if he was ranked higher then they failed because I easily saw Herbert as the better talent

that was the report from draft rooms around the league according to espn. Of course, scouts can get it wrong but i dont fault Miami at #5 overall for taking tua over Herbert at that time in the draft. Herbert is a surprise. There is no exact science to the draft. Its still a crap shoot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team can play shoulda coulda woulda.

Chase Young was supposedly a generational talent. He looked to be heading that way in his rookie season, freelanced too much as a sophomore and got urt, and hardly played this past year.

Bemoaning his pick in hindsight is revisionist history, especially since there’s no reason to think that Justin Herbert would be who he is in SD if he was drafted by us, considering our coaching staff.
I disagree because I saw it then and if I saw it then at the sr bowl and combine it damn sure isn’t revisionist history when I saw it at the time .
I wasn’t mad they picked chase and i definitely supported it but that doesn’t mean I can’t bash them for being wrong

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the report from draft rooms around the league according to espn. Of course, scouts can get it wrong but i dont fault Miami at #5 overall for taking tua over Herbert at that time in the draft. Herbert is a surprise. There is no exact science to the draft. Its still a crap shoot.
Well if he was a surprise then they all sucked because I saw it right away he was better

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he was a surprise then they all sucked because I saw it right away he was better

many factors play into the success of a 1st round qb. He has had ridiculous offensive talent since he came into the league.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Washington drafted Burrow, Herbert, Tua or the aforementioned Young, none would have been successful here. More often than not the people drafting them have a greater impact on their success or failure than the talent they possess.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but at that time he was a slam dunk DE prospect. IF he didnt get injured he would have been an impact player and still could be. He was ranked higher than both Bosa brothers and Garret.

I'm sure there were offers to trade back. From what I remember it was CY or Tua at pick #2. At the time Haskins didnt play yet and I guess RR wanted to see what he was about. Plus, a banged-up A., Smith.

IF you draft on BPA CY was it at that time.
I don't believe in drafting BPA...never have and never will.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in drafting BPA...never have and never will.

it depends. IF the BPA is a WR at #16 when we pick, we should not draft him b/c of our WR depth. Being a DE at #2 I can see why we did it plus having a defensive minded coach doesn't hurt. You can never have enough pass rushers