• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's RR's fault because he literally runs the entire operation Dean. He has full control of the front office. He promised to change the culture and has not done so. He botched the team name, has misled the fans regarding building the roster, and has damaged our reputation with agents and other GMs in the league.

If you actually looked to hold him accountable, you would see these obvious signs.

You dont know the offers to Tmac. You cant comment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we dont know what RR offered him. What if the AJ Brown deal was offered to Tmac and he said no. How is that RR's fault? IF Tmac pulls that shit then I am going to be pissed.
the opposite can be true as well dean , maybe he was low balled , to me i am not saying RR is at fault , i am saying is we have to treat our team leaders well and that other team mates are watching . you offered cooper 22 mil 2 yrs ago . todays overpay is tomorrows bargain

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the opposite can be true as well dean , maybe he was low balled , to me i am not saying RR is at fault , i am saying is we have to treat our team leaders well and that other team mates are watching . you offered cooper 22 mil 2 yrs ago . todays overpay is tomorrows bargain

True, but I didn't think Tmac was a guy who will holdout on his team. Even if RR offered the D.J Moore deal. Its still a fair deal. I dont think RR has the balls to low ball Tmac. Yes, he is a team leader but he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid WR in the game,.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duke makes good points about RR but this culture change thing is going to take more then 3 yrs to fix . the deep seeded corruption , the public distrust . right now it could take 5-8 yrs and RR might not be up to the job

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Terry McLaurin won't attend Commanders minicamp.​

Schefter said McLaurin -- who skipped OTAs -- wants "a contract extension consistent with other comparable WRs that recently signed." Presumably that includes Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams, both of whom broke the bank this offseason with their new teams. McLaurin, who will be 27 in September, is reportedly far away from a deal in his talks with the Commanders. He faces a maximum fine of $95,877 if he misses all three days of minicamp. With McLaurin being one of the few bright spots on an otherwise dismal Washington offense in recent years, the team can't afford not to extend him. Though Carson Wentz is unlikely set the league ablaze in 2022, he's by far the best quarterback McLaurin has played with in the NFL.
    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jun 13, 2022, 10:11 AM ET

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I didn't think Tmac was a guy who will holdout on his team. Even if RR offered the D.J Moore deal. Its still a fair deal. I dont think RR has the balls to low ball Tmac. Yes, he is a team leader but he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid WR in the game,.
dean you cant tell someone that RR didnt low ball him without knowing either anymore then i can say tmac is being greedy without knowing . i dont think anyone puts him in that category as highest paid player but if he was in a few yrs he wont be

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tmac doesnt deserve Hill or Adams money.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you cant tell someone that RR didnt low ball him without knowing either anymore then i can say tmac is being greedy without knowing . i dont think anyone puts him in that category as highest paid player but if he was in a few yrs he wont be

Going of the rotoworld tweet it looks like the wants Hill and Adams money. Of course a deal wont get done

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Terry McLaurin won't attend Commanders minicamp.​

Schefter said McLaurin -- who skipped OTAs -- wants "a contract extension consistent with other comparable WRs that recently signed." Presumably that includes Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams, both of whom broke the bank this offseason with their new teams. McLaurin, who will be 27 in September, is reportedly far away from a deal in his talks with the Commanders. He faces a maximum fine of $95,877 if he misses all three days of minicamp. With McLaurin being one of the few bright spots on an otherwise dismal Washington offense in recent years, the team can't afford not to extend him. Though Carson Wentz is unlikely set the league ablaze in 2022, he's by far the best quarterback McLaurin has played with in the NFL.
    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jun 13, 2022, 10:11 AM ET

the 1st part is speculation , however tmac far outplayed his rookie contract as well so perhaps he is looking for some make up money . also he is 27 and this might be it for big contracts for him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 1st part is speculation , however tmac far outplayed his rookie contract as well so perhaps he is looking for some make up money . also he is 27 and this might be it for big contracts for him

Not if he takes a 3 year deal. He should get the AJ Brown deal. Case closed. If he turned down the AJ Brown contract than this is on him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going of the rotoworld tweet it looks like the wants Hill and Adams money. Of course a deal wont get done
one minute you say we cant say anything because we dont know but now we can go off speculation . ? i said before weeks ago he would be KC'd and BS'd . its looking that way now and no deal is coming soon

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one minute you say we cant say anything because we dont know but now we can go off speculation . ? i said before weeks ago he would be KC'd and BS'd . its looking that way now and no deal is coming soon

We never know. I just posted what was reported

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he takes a 3 year deal. He should get the AJ Brown deal. Case closed. If he turned down the AJ Brown contract than this is on him.
might be is exactly what it means

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the Aj Brown deal or Dj Moore deals low ball offers? I dont think so
i dont think they are but was he offered that ? we dont know . i dont think we can afford 30 mil , maybe 25 mil . i bet 25 mil should bring him in

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think they are but was he offered that ? we dont know . i dont think we can afford 30 mil , maybe 25 mil . i bet 25 mil should bring him in

The article said FAR apart. So what does that mean?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the offer was made to the Seahawks for Metcalf. So I assume we would of gotten the same offer. IF we are all doom and gloom, then why did J. Allen resign here? Plus he wasn't the highest paid, it was a team friendly contract. Same thing with Samuel and Jackson the two big Fa's from last year. Money wasnt the first thing on why they came here.
You can't assume we would have gotten an offer from the Jets. You are implying that the offer indeed happened and that is NOT the case. It causes confusion. Metcalf and TMac are 2 different players with different skillsets. The Jets clearly wanted Metcalf but we have no clue if they wanted TMac. Bottom line, no offer was made and we cannot assume that just because they wanted Metcalf, they would have wanted TMac.

I still feel you fail to grasp the reality of the situation with this organization. Again, top to bottom, please name another organization that is in worse shape than the Commanders.

It is very doom and gloom with this organization and if you cannot see that, you are not looking at the full picture. You continue to focus on Carson Wentz, as such, we are trending up and we need to be "positive". Would you rather have us win 11 games this year and a playoff game and have 10 more years of Snyder OR, finish 6-11 and get rid of Snyder? Just curious.

With respect to Jackson and Sideline Samuel, I wish we would have NOT signed either one of them. They were both bad signings at this point. Literally, everything I mentioned (outside of RR), has happened in the past 10 months. When they signed (including Allen), the stadium issue had not developed, the withholding of owner funds had not been discovered, Congress was NOT investigating workplace sexual harassment, and JDR had not made his recent comment. As such, yes, things are MUCH worse than they were last year. We simply do not know if they would sign here with the above-mentioned issues.

I cannot tell you why Allen signed here. Perhaps he likes the area, RR, or JDR. He clearly has issues with Payne and who knows if he regrets resigning here.

The fact of the matter is that you refuse to look at the whole picture. You did it with Wilson and do it with free agents. This is NOT a desirable place to play at all. We can be fans, but we can't be naive to the fact that we support the worst run NFL team there is. Players who sign here are simply doing so for the money. This is NOT a respectable organization (Congress is investigating us for 2 separate issues) and the fans have abandoned the team (last in NFL attendance). We also literally have the worse owner in professional sports (can you name one worse than Snyder?).

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article said FAR apart. So what does that mean?
i cant tell you but if i am tmcs agent i ask for adams /hill money and hope i get above brown

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't assume we would have gotten an offer from the Jets. You are implying that the offer indeed happened and that is NOT the case. It causes confusion. Metcalf and TMac are 2 different players with different skillsets. The Jets clearly wanted Metcalf but we have no clue if they wanted TMac. Bottom line, no offer was made and we cannot assume that just because they wanted Metcalf, they would have wanted TMac.

I still feel you fail to grasp the reality of the situation with this organization. Again, top to bottom, please name another organization that is in worse shape than the Commanders.

It is very doom and gloom with this organization and if you cannot see that, you are not looking at the full picture. You continue to focus on Carson Wentz, as such, we are trending up and we need to be "positive". Would you rather have us win 11 games this year and a playoff game and have 10 more years of Snyder OR, finish 6-11 and get rid of Snyder? Just curious.

With respect to Jackson and Sideline Samuel, I wish we would have NOT signed either one of them. They were both bad signings at this point. Literally, everything I mentioned (outside of RR), has happened in the past 10 months. When they signed (including Allen), the stadium issue had not developed, the withholding of owner funds had not been discovered, Congress was NOT investigating workplace sexual harassment, and JDR had not made his recent comment. As such, yes, things are MUCH worse than they were last year. We simply do not know if they would sign here with the above-mentioned issues.

I cannot tell you why Allen signed here. Perhaps he likes the area, RR, or JDR. He clearly has issues with Payne and who knows if he regrets resigning here.

The fact of the matter is that you refuse to look at the whole picture. You did it with Wilson and do it with free agents. This is NOT a desirable place to play at all. We can be fans, but we can't be naive to the fact that we support the worst run NFL team there is. Players who sign here are simply doing so for the money. This is NOT a respectable organization (Congress is investigating us for 2 separate issues) and the fans have abandoned the team (last in NFL attendance). We also literally have the worse owner in professional sports (can you name one worse than Snyder?).

Your wrong b/c Allen resigned here. Most things you mentioned were going on when he signed. Samuel and Jackson had other offers from other teams and they still chose to come here. Yes, I m excited about Wentz. This could be the best trade this team has ever made if her works out.

Plus the Jets drafted Wilson at #10 which is basically the same WR as Tmac. So yes I can assume we would of been offered #10 for tmac.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant tell you but if i am tmcs agent i ask for adams /hill money and hope i get above brown

Then that is being greedy. The Brown deal is more than fair.