• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that is being greedy. The Brown deal is more than fair.
its not being greedy dean , jesus its getting what you think you are worth what you think is fair market value is . i work as an RP in the nuclear field , different plants offer different salaries . i take which one pays the most , most of the time unless i like working a particular plant . some i wont go to at all no matter what the pay . i have a limited amount of time to work so getting what i can get isnt being greedy , its providing for my family

tmac has a chance , like BS , and KC before him to take care of their families for the rest of their lives and for generations that come after . they used their talents and marketed them to get the best life they could . . this might be his last contract ( big one , it might not ) but lets not act like tmac wasnt grossly UNDERPAID on his rookie deal for his production . he has played like a 1st round pick no question about that so who is really being greedy ? the team or tmac

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your wrong b/c Allen resigned here. Most things you mentioned were going on when he signed. Samuel and Jackson had other offers from other teams and they still chose to come here. Yes, I m excited about Wentz. This could be the best trade this team has ever made if her works out.

Plus the Jets drafted Wilson at #10 which is basically the same WR as Tmac. So yes I can assume we would of been offered #10 for tmac.

You failed to address my questions of:
Name another organization run worse from top to bottom than the Commanders?
Would you rather have us win 11 games this year and a playoff game and have 10 more years of Snyder OR, finish 6-11 and get rid of Snyder?

I admitted Allen re-signed here? How am I wrong? I personally think he is regretting it now. My opinion. The guy took a swing at his teammate on national TV.

You are being dishonest and you know it. Most of the things were NOT going on when Allen signed. Allend signed his extension on 7/27/21.

*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for fostering a hostile work environment and has been requested to testify before Congress on the matter.
Congress held extensive hearings on 2/4/22 and officially asked Snyder to testify on 6/1/2. They requested that he testify on 6/22/22.

*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for withholding funds owed to other owners in the NFL
This report first broke on 3/31/22.

*The organization cannot locate an area to build a new stadium
On 6/9/22 it was reported that the Virginia State Senate leader has "given up" on a bill to bring the Commanders to Virginia. It was reported on 6/9/22 that the DC City council voted down an act to use RFK stadium site for a new stadium.

*The alleged stadium that is proposed will be the smallest in the NFL
On 6/1/22 it was reported by the Richmond Star Dispatch that the plan for the stadium is for 55K fans.

*The defensive coordinator makes inflammatory comments to the media
JDR made his comment on 6/8/22 about the "dust up"

*The starting QB is now on his 3rd team in three years and has been a failure in his NFL career
Wentz was traded to the Commanders on 3/13/22

*The head coach is a pseudo-GM who has 3 winning seasons out of 11 seasons he has coached
Rivera wrapped up his 11th season as an NFL coach at the end of the 2021 season.

I am not sure how close you follow the team but feel free to check my comments in black. These clearly occurred AFTER Allen signed.

Regarding TMac, you are wrong. No offer was made and there is no indication they wanted TMac. Just because they drafted Wilson doesn't mean they wanted TMac.

Best trade ever? Seriously? Do you know any Redskins history? Try the Ricky Williams draft steal or Sonny Jurgensen trade...sigh. Your fascination with Wentz is bizarre.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to address my questions of:
Name another organization run worse from top to bottom than the Commanders?
Would you rather have us win 11 games this year and a playoff game and have 10 more years of Snyder OR, finish 6-11 and get rid of Snyder?

I admitted Allen re-signed here? How am I wrong? I personally think he is regretting it now. My opinion. The guy took a swing at his teammate on national TV.

You are being dishonest and you know it. Most of the things were NOT going on when Allen signed. Allend signed his extension on 7/27/21.

*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for fostering a hostile work environment and has been requested to testify before Congress on the matter.
Congress held extensive hearings on 2/4/22 and officially asked Snyder to testify on 6/1/2. They requested that he testify on 6/22/22.

*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for withholding funds owed to other owners in the NFL
This report first broke on 3/31/22.

*The organization cannot locate an area to build a new stadium
On 6/9/22 it was reported that the Virginia State Senate leader has "given up" on a bill to bring the Commanders to Virginia. It was reported on 6/9/22 that the DC City council voted down an act to use RFK stadium site for a new stadium.

*The alleged stadium that is proposed will be the smallest in the NFL
On 6/1/22 it was reported by the Richmond Star Dispatch that the plan for the stadium is for 55K fans.

*The defensive coordinator makes inflammatory comments to the media
JDR made his comment on 6/8/22 about the "dust up"

*The starting QB is now on his 3rd team in three years and has been a failure in his NFL career
Wentz was traded to the Commanders on 3/13/22

*The head coach is a pseudo-GM who has 3 winning seasons out of 11 seasons he has coached
Rivera wrapped up his 11th season as an NFL coach at the end of the 2021 season.

I am not sure how close you follow the team but feel free to check my comments in black. These clearly occurred AFTER Allen signed.

Regarding TMac, you are wrong. No offer was made and there is no indication they wanted TMac. Just because they drafted Wilson doesn't mean they wanted TMac.

Best trade ever? Seriously? Do you know any Redskins history? Try the Ricky Williams draft steal or Sonny Jurgensen trade...sigh. Your fascination with Wentz is bizarre.

The Ricky Williams trade was huge. no doubt. Im not doubting your timeline. Its true. Im pointing out Allen would of never resigned here if he felt the way you do. I think he took less money to sign here. My opinion. Yes if Wentz work out its a big deal. Its a QB

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not being greedy dean , jesus its getting what you think you are worth what you think is fair market value is . i work as an RP in the nuclear field , different plants offer different salaries . i take which one pays the most , most of the time unless i like working a particular plant . some i wont go to at all no matter what the pay . i have a limited amount of time to work so getting what i can get isnt being greedy , its providing for my family

tmac has a chance , like BS , and KC before him to take care of their families for the rest of their lives and for generations that come after . they used their talents and marketed them to get the best life they could . . this might be his last contract ( big one , it might not ) but lets not act like tmac wasnt grossly UNDERPAID on his rookie deal for his production . he has played like a 1st round pick no question about that so who is really being greedy ? the team or tmac

He is being greedy b/c supposedly wants top dollar.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Tmac deserves Adams and Hill type money?
i didnt say that dean damn , i said 25 mil looks to be right . but it all depends on how the contract is written

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say that dean damn , i said 25 mil looks to be right . but it all depends on how the contract is written

True but according to reports they say far apart, I wonder what the offer really was. I just read Kiems article, they said Allen's deal got done right before training camp. Hopefully the dame thing happens. He doesn't deserve more than Brown. We will see.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but according to reports they say far apart, I wonder what the offer really was. I just read Kiems article, they said Allen's deal got done right before training camp. Hopefully the dame thing happens. He doesn't deserve more than Brown. We will see.
he and brown are about equal , i think he comes in at 25 mil

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he and brown are about equal , i think he comes in at 25 mil

that should of been the offer after the draft. Especially after the Brown deal. If the deal is far apart., it could mean it was a low ball offer not near 25m per season or Tmac wants to be paid like Adams and Hill

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought .... that is $3 million less than an overpaid QB

That is probably the going rate now. Give him three years, it Dotson works out then you pay Dotson after three years.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be they don't want to pay the 20th ranked WR $25 mill .... they have a lot (not near as much) invested in Samuel

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be they don't want to pay the 20th ranked WR $25 mill .... they have a lot (not near as much) invested in Samuel

IF that was the case, why weren't they fielding trade offers before the draft for terry?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt there is pressure on Wentz to succeed. I agree RR is not on the hot seat unless we have an awful year.
RR is on a warming seat that will get hotter as this season progresses.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be treated like BS and KC. , 2 franchise tags and he is gone . TMAC is absolutely the type of player and talent you can’t let walk . If he doesn’t actually want to be here ( it’s speculation at this point ) then we need to ask , why ? It would be a set back as far as changing the culture is concerned, you should be able to replace wrs fairly easily but players see how good players and men get treated and it has to get them thinking . How does it affect a curl or Holcomb ? We have to win some of these
If they FT him once, that will be enough for TM and his representation to conclude a reluctance to pay him long-term. They might sign a second, but the benchmark will be FT#1.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Tmac deserves Adams and Hill type money?
He deserves every penny that he can get! However, I'm now beginning to believe that JD has impressed RR and Co. so much so, that the offers to TM will be low-ball ones because they will slot JD at WR1 and TM at WR2. This is a bad move if I'm right!

Last edited: