• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves every penny that he can get! However, I'm now beginning to believe that JD has impressed RR and Co. so much so, that the offers to TM will be low-ball ones because they will slot JD at WR1 and TM at WR2. This is a bad move if I'm right!
I think college is producing wrs with talent at a high rate and hence big money contracts being thrown at them will not exist much longer .

That being said if a guy like TMAC , who is a solid citizen and team captain , can’t get a 2nd contract what message does that send to others ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think college is producing wrs with talent at a high rate and hence big money contracts being thrown at them will not exist much longer .

That being said if a guy like TMAC , who is a solid citizen and team captain , can’t get a 2nd contract what message does that send to others ?
I wrote this last month:

"We talked about this prior to the draft. The NFL has changed once again and now pass catchers are premium gets in the league. When you have highly valued WRs, your choices come down to paying them market, and rising market value or trading them. The only other option is letting them walk away as free agents. (after tagging)"

I will answer your question either today or tomorrow in the thread about "Culture change."

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duke makes good points about RR but this culture change thing is going to take more then 3 yrs to fix . the deep seeded corruption , the public distrust . right now it could take 5-8 yrs and RR might not be up to the job
Only way there’s a culture change is getting liberal Congress out, new owner, and probably just getting the hell out the dc area

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves every penny that he can get! However, I'm now beginning to believe that JD has impressed RR and Co. so much so, that the offers to TM will be low-ball ones because they will slot JD at WR1 and TM at WR2. This is a bad move if I'm right!

If tmac turned down the Aj Brown contract offer that is being greedy in my book. We dont know the offers or counteroffers. To say it's far apart doesn't sit well for me. I want tmac here but im not paying Hill or Adams money. Hopefully something gets done before training camp.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. No leaks of offers. Something is up.
I think we need to get comfortable with the fact that he might not want to be here. If I were TMac, I would want out of here as fast as possible.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get comfortable with the fact that he might not want to be here.

Fine, why wasn't this hashed out before the draft? IMO we would have gotten high draft picks if we moved him before the draft. I still think it's possible he signs. I dont think he is the type of guy who will hold out.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, why wasn't this hashed out before the draft? IMO we would have gotten high draft picks if we moved him before the draft. I still think it's possible he signs. I dont think he is the type of guy who will hold out.
Isn't it obvious?

Rivera has NO clue what he is doing. Why wasn't an offer extended to McKissic until after BUF offered? Why did Rivera lie to Ionnadis' agent? You do realize Rivera had ZERO front office experience when he came here right?

Rivera is the problem and will be until he leaves. TMac can still sign. However, if he wants to win and play for a respectful organization with a decent owner, would he not want to look around?

I know you like Rivera and want to be loyal, but he has made mistake after mistake since he took the job.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it obvious?

Rivera has NO clue what he is doing. Why wasn't an offer extended to McKissic until after BUF offered? Why did Rivera lie to Ionnadis' agent? You do realize Rivera had ZERO front office experience when he came here right?

Rivera is the problem and will be until he leaves. TMac can still sign. However, if he wants to win and play for a respectful organization with a decent owner, would he not want to look around?

I know you like Rivera and want to be loyal, but he has made mistake after mistake since he took the job.

If that was the case, why wouldn't tmac demand a trade in the offseason when a long-term deal didn't get done. If he didnt want to be here, he should of said something when the season was over. If RR is not will do the AJ Brown deal, then I would have a problem with RR. The fact is we dont know the offers.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the case, why wouldn't tmac demand a trade in the offseason when a long-term deal didn't get done. If he didnt want to be here, he should of said something when the season was over. If RR is not will do the AJ Brown deal, then I would have a problem with RR. The fact is we dont know the offers.
Demanding a trade never looks good for a player and perhaps his agent told him not to do it. I am not sure I can name one instance in NFL, NBA, or MLB where a player demanded a trade and it worked out for all parties involved. It is not a good look for a player and I am sure TMac knows that.

We do not have a recent good history of keeping high-performing players around. We have yet to have a winning season while TMac has been here and he will have yet another QB throwing him the ball. The offense has been dead last or in the bottom quarter since he was drafted. The culture continues to erode and now, we can't even find a place to build a tiny stadium. Perhaps, enough is enough for him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tmac turned down the Aj Brown contract offer that is being greedy in my book. We dont know the offers or counteroffers. To say it's far apart doesn't sit well for me. I want tmac here but im not paying Hill or Adams money. Hopefully something gets done before training camp.
How do we have the gumption to tell a man that he's greedy when careers are short and maximizing their pay is the goal for every one of them. I know what you want but that's not important to these guys. Of course, we want them all signed but this is an organization that HAS to show that they are willing to pay the well-earned stupid tax that will eventually get them some credibility.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he holds out of mini camp, he’s with some bad company. The only two players to ever hold out of redskins mini camp are fat al and TW

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR should “keep his mouth shut” from expressing his opinions, but DelRio should be able to freely express his opinions?

Makes perfect sense, if you’re a Republican.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR should “keep his mouth shut” from expressing his opinions, but DelRio should be able to freely express his opinions?

Makes perfect sense, if you’re a Republican.
No the left wants to shove politics into everything and if you have a different opinion they want to cancel you big difference between the 2 parties and politics and everything else from the left shouldn't be involved in sports thats why people are getting pissed off and no longer watching