• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and your ass is sucking right-wing dick!! Perhaps you're the problem or at least the problem here. You're welcome to come in make your point and participate. Just be careful who you fuck with...I'm not the one! We're even now, Be respectful!
So, you as subscriber? How long and when did you serve? You give no basis for what you call slightly left leaning. Way to put me in my place there keyboard tough guy!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you as subscriber? How long and when did you serve? You give no basis for what you call slightly left leaning. Way to put me in my place there keyboard tough guy!
No longer a subscriber, too conservative for my tastes, and if necessary I can prove how good my hands/skills still are, but as stated we've exchanged insults and it's time for both of us to put on our adult human being pants and move on. I make every attempt to be respectful of my fellow posters, no matter how heated and disagreeable the exchanges become. I extend that courtesy to you as well. Served during Vietnam (in-country). Total time in service 6 years.

BTW; I didn't call it "slightly left-leaning," that designation came from people far better than I who get paid to make such evaluations. I defer to them and trust my sources. To the extent that anyone has a different evaluation, I'll wait until they become a more trusted, balanced, fair-minded professional source.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am not sure he is on the hot seat , this team was a disaster when he took over unless he goes like 5-6 wins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports that the Commanders and contract-year WR Terry McLaurin are "still far apart" on extension talks, and that McLaurin seems "unlikely" to show for minicamp.​

The Commanders have had an optimistic company line about McLaurin all offseason, but we haven't seen much in the way of actual reasons to believe they'd get the contract done publicly. Coach Ron Rivera said he expected McLaurin at minicamp. The Commanders don't necessarily need him to be in at this point, but it sure would be nice to get him and Carson Wentz some practice reps together before the season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious to know what we offered him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am not sure he is on the hot seat , this team was a disaster when he took over unless he goes like 5-6 wins

No doubt there is pressure on Wentz to succeed. I agree RR is not on the hot seat unless we have an awful year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your opinion change of TMac if he holds out of mandatory minicamp? Technically he is still under contract.
I think he will be treated like BS and KC. , 2 franchise tags and he is gone . TMAC is absolutely the type of player and talent you can’t let walk . If he doesn’t actually want to be here ( it’s speculation at this point ) then we need to ask , why ? It would be a set back as far as changing the culture is concerned, you should be able to replace wrs fairly easily but players see how good players and men get treated and it has to get them thinking . How does it affect a curl or Holcomb ? We have to win some of these

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be treated like BS and KC. , 2 franchise tags and he is gone . TMAC is absolutely the type of player and talent you can’t let walk . If he doesn’t actually want to be here ( it’s speculation at this point ) then we need to ask , why ? It would be a set back as far as changing the culture is concerned, you should be able to replace wrs fairly easily but players see how good players and men get treated and it has to get them thinking . How does it affect a curl or Holcomb ? We have to win some of these

I think he should honor is current contract. If he didn't want to be here, he should have demanded a trade before the draft. Or are we in the wait and see mode with Tmac b/c RR wants to see what happens with Wentz this year. I want him to stay and sign here, but we could have had the Jets #10 overall pick and maybe more picks if we traded him. If he holds out of training camp, then I am going to be very upset.

Shouldn't affect Holcomb or Curl b/c Allen did sign long term here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should honor is current contract. If he didn't want to be here, he should have demanded a trade before the draft. Or are we in the wait and see mode with Tmac b/c RR wants to see what happens with Wentz this year. I want him to stay and sign here, but we could have had the Jets #10 overall pick and maybe more picks if we traded him. If he holds out of training camp, then I am going to be very upset.

I am sure he will honor the contract . If you can’t treat your leaders well then curl and Holcomb will be taking notes

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he will honor the contract . If you can’t treat your leaders well then curl and Holcomb will be taking notes

But we dont know what RR offered him. What if the AJ Brown deal was offered to Tmac and he said no. How is that RR's fault? IF Tmac pulls that shit then I am going to be pissed.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean, how do you know we could have had the Jets #10 pick? Was an offer ever made? You have said this several times but there is zero evidence this was an option or if an offer was ever made. I did a simple search and nothing came up at all.

You need to look at the big picture with TMac. Why would he sign here? Here are the facts

*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for fostering a hostile work environment and has been requested to testify before Congress on the matter
*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for withholding funds owed to other owners in the NFL
*The organization cannot locate an area to build a new stadium
*The alleged stadium that is proposed will be the smallest in the NFL
*The defensive coordinator makes inflammatory comments to the media
*The starting QB is now on his 3rd team in three years and has been a failure in his NFL career
*The head coach is a pseudo-GM who has 3 winning seasons out of 11 seasons he has coached

You only look at what happens on the field but other factors are involved with players choosing to sign with a team. You literally cannot name one other team in the NFL who is in a worse overall state than the Commanders. If TMac leaves, he has every right to want to get out of this dumpster fire. It's odd that this confuses you. I TMac signs here, it will most likely be because of money only.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we dont know what RR offered him. What if the AJ Brown deal was offered to Tmac and he said no. How is that RR's fault? IF Tmac pulls that shit then I am going to be pissed.
It's RR's fault because he literally runs the entire operation Dean. He has full control of the front office. He promised to change the culture and has not done so. He botched the team name, has misled the fans regarding building the roster, and has damaged our reputation with agents and other GMs in the league.

If you actually looked to hold him accountable, you would see these obvious signs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, how do you know we could have had the Jets #10 pick? Was an offer ever made? You have said this several times but there is zero evidence this was an option or if an offer was ever made. I did a simple search and nothing came up at all.

You need to look at the big picture with TMac. Why would he sign here? Here are the facts

*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for fostering a hostile work environment and has been requested to testify before Congress on the matter
*Our owner is under investigation by Congress for withholding funds owed to other owners in the NFL
*The organization cannot locate an area to build a new stadium
*The alleged stadium that is proposed will be the smallest in the NFL
*The defensive coordinator makes inflammatory comments to the media
*The starting QB is now on his 3rd team in three years and has been a failure in his NFL career
*The head coach is a pseudo-GM who has 3 winning seasons out of 11 seasons he has coached

You only look at what happens on the field but other factors are involved with players choosing to sign with a team. You literally cannot name one other team in the NFL who is in a worse overall state than the Commanders. If TMac leaves, he has every right to want to get out of this dumpster fire. It's odd that this confuses you. I TMac signs here, it will most likely be because of money only.

True, but the offer was made to the Seahawks for Metcalf. So I assume we would of gotten the same offer. IF we are all doom and gloom, then why did J. Allen resign here? Plus he wasn't the highest paid, it was a team friendly contract. Same thing with Samuel and Jackson the two big Fa's from last year. Money wasnt the first thing on why they came here.