• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would be a mistake.

I have already proven that.
i dont have an issue with maye , he has size , arm strength , mobility . i do have an issue of because we hire coach X that qb Y is a must because of a link to the 2

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont have an issue with maye , he has size , arm strength , mobility . i do have an issue of because we hire coach X that qb Y is a must because of a link to the 2
Over daniels and Williams?

Yes, I think that would be a mistake.

I think maye is a good qb, just not as good as Daniels and williams.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels is the new NFL version of QB needed to manipulate a defense. You will ALWAYS have to account for his legs. He has an above avg arm, he is 6"4, handles himself well in the pocket, he is accurate, throws well on the run and makes defenders miss in space. His defense was awful at LSU this year so most comebacks were on his shoulders. What's not to like about Daniels and his ceiling?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over daniels and Williams?

Yes, I think that would be a mistake.

I think maye is a good qb, just not as good as Daniels and williams.
I think if you land any of those qbs you should be ok .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you prove Maye would be a mistake in the NFL?
the downfall for any of the top prospects is the same as it is always . are they adults ? are they weird ? do they have baggage ? are they alpha males ? are they leaders ? can they process information quickly and are they accurate ?

can that be proven on any of them yet ? by us ? no , scouts have an idea by now

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the downfall for any of the top prospects is the same as it is always . are they adults ? are they weird ? do they have baggage ? are they alpha males ? are they leaders ? can they process information quickly and are they accurate ?

can that be proven on any of them yet ? by us ? no , scouts have an idea by now
Agree, they are all prospects. No one knows for sure how well they are going to play in the NFL until they get here and even then sometimes it takes two or three years. It was years before Monte Coleman became a starting LBer.

No one can prove before these guys get to the NFL that they are good or better than another. Did Griffin prove he was better than Cousins?

College stats are college stats, they are not proof of your NFL ability.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would be a mistake.

I have already proven that.

that your opinion that Daniels will be a better pro than Maye. Neither has taken a snap yet in the NFL. Daniels had two 1st round WR's for that great season., in my opinion he had more talent around him than Maye. I think Daniels will be a good QB in this league. He does give you that running element. It's just my opinion that if we hire Johnson, he will draft Maye at #2.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that your opinion that Daniels will be a better pro than Maye. Neither has taken a snap yet in the NFL. Daniels had two 1st round WR's for that great season., in my opinion he had more talent around him than Maye. I think Daniels will be a good QB in this league. He does give you that running element. It's just my opinion that if we hire Johnson, he will draft Maye at #2.
Yes, it is my opinion. That opinion is based off of data though.
I already provided stats comparing the two qbs.
The main factor is that daniels showed marked improvement in 2023 from 2022.

Maye regressed from 2022 to 2023. His comp rate and qbr rating both decreased. That isn't good.

Daniels was superior in nearly every category. Yes, daniels had more talent, but he had a bigger hill to climb. Lsu played 4 top 8 teams. UNC I think played 2 ranked teams all year. Correct me if I am wrong.

The last thing we disagree on is Johnson drafting maye. I don't want Johnson or the coach drafting anybody Dean. Did we not just go through 4 years of the coach drafting who they wanted? Did Rivera do a good job? He didn't and you have said that. We are picking 2nd overall partial due to a coach drafting.

Johnson or the coach is not a talent evaluator. I really couldn't care less who the coach wants to draft. It's not his job....it's the job of the GM. The GM should consult Johnson or the coach, but he isn't drafting anybody. If peters or Cunningham draft maye, great, they are paid to evaluate talent.

You will have to unlearn what you learned under the Rivera disaster. The GM drafts...not the coach or coordinator.
You will be amazed at how quickly things turn around once we get a competent front office sir.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me are we going to worry about a qb whose top end is at herbert level or a guy whose top end is lamar level ? or can we just be happy that we will get a decades long solution to our biggest issue .

lets hope they aint trubisky and e j manuel

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maye regressed from 2022 to 2023. His comp rate and qbr rating both decreased. That isn't good.

Daniels was superior in nearly every category. Yes, daniels had more talent, but he had a bigger hill to climb. Lsu played 4 top 8 teams. UNC I think played 2 ranked teams all year. Correct me if I am wrong.

The last thing we disagree on is Johnson drafting maye. I don't want Johnson or the coach drafting anybody Dean. Did we not just go through 4 years of the coach drafting who they wanted? Did Rivera do a good job? He didn't and you have said that. We are picking 2nd overall partial due to a coach drafting.

Johnson or the coach is not a talent evaluator. I really couldn't care less who the coach wants to draft. It's not his job....it's the job of the GM. The GM should consult Johnson or the coach, but he isn't drafting anybody. If peters or Cunningham draft maye, great, they are paid to evaluate talent.

You will have to unlearn what you learned under the Rivera disaster. The GM drafts...not the coach or coordinator.
You will be amazed at how quickly things turn around once we get a competent front office sir.
I read your college stats and understand where you are coming from. But they are college stats. LSU was better than NC. That has to factor in as well.

My point that anything was proven still stands, that happens when they get in the NFL. It's cool that you favor Daniels. I favor the the guy the new FO chooses. JMO

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid has always hated anything Redskins. Wilbon is trash too. Completely trash journalism at its best.
Hell there’s talk of maye being first one off the board lately

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree it's a group choice with GM and coach. If we do get Johnson and he is calling the plays, he will have major input in deciding the QB if that is the pick at #2. The last time this happened was with Charle Casserly and Norv Turner. Charle wanted Dilfer and Norv wanted Shuler. Casserly was an experienced GM at the time but the HC who called plays won out. Why? Were we a bad front office back then?

This has nothing to do with RR. I said Johnson will draft Maye b/c Maye fits the style of offense that Johnson wants to run. Johnson made Goff a good QB as a drop back passer which Maye is. Can Daniels, do it? Sure. I still lean towards Maye right now but that could change.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's a group choice with GM and coach. If we do get Johnson and he is calling the plays, he will have major input in deciding the QB if that is the pick at #2. The last time this happened was with Charle Casserly and Norv Turner. Charle wanted Dilfer and Norv wanted Shuler. Casserly was an experienced GM at the time but the HC who called plays won out. Why? Were we a bad front office back then?

This has nothing to do with RR. I said Johnson will draft Maye b/c Maye fits the style of offense that Johnson wants to run. Johnson made Goff a good QB as a drop back passer which Maye is. Can Daniels, do it? Sure. I still lean towards Maye right now but that could change.
It's not a group choice....it's a group discussion. The GM is in charge. I don't think you understand how successful nfl teams work.

It does have something to do with Rivera because you want the coach to make the draft pick. Last year, you even wanted EB to make offensive draft picks and sign offensive free agents. We have 4 years worth of a coach making draft decisions and you want to run right back to it?

I still think you like the coach centric method actually. You just said that maye is who "he", being Johnson, would select. I couldnt disagree more. I am much more interested in who the GM wants, not the coach. This is the main reason you and I argued for 4 years. You are comfortable and support coaches making draft picks. I want the GM to do it.

No clue why casserly opted for Shuler and listened to turner. Clearly that was a mistake. Loved Shuler in college but he wad a disaster in the nfl. You proved my point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a group choice....it's a group discussion. The GM is in charge. I don't think you understand how successful nfl teams work.

It does have something to do with Rivera because you want the coach to make the draft pick. Last year, you even wanted EB to make offensive draft picks and sign offensive free agents. We have 4 years worth of a coach making draft decisions and you want to run right back to it?

I still think you like the coach centric method actually. You just said that maye is who "he", being Johnson, would select. I couldnt disagree more. I am much more interested in who the GM wants, not the coach. This is the main reason you and I argued for 4 years. You are comfortable and support coaches making draft picks. I want the GM to do it.

No clue why casserly opted for Shuler and listened to turner. Clearly that was a mistake. Loved Shuler in college but he wad a disaster in the nfl. You proved my point.

the point is the HC Turner made the pick b/c he was the o coordinator and HC. Casserly was a good GM and he still made the HC make the pick. You think that is crazy and the GM should trump the HC/O coordinator. I just proved to you that it already happened from a good GM in Casserly. The the HC is the one who is calling the plays that matters.

If you force a QB on Johnson a guy he doesn't want if it goes bad Johnson is going to say well this isnt the QB i wanted to run my offense. Then there is turmoil.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is the HC Turner made the pick b/c he was the o coordinator and HC. Casserly was a good GM and he still made the HC make the pick. You think that is crazy and the GM should trump the HC/O coordinator. I just proved to you that it already happened from a good GM in Casserly. The the HC is the one who is calling the plays that matters.

If you force a QB on Johnson a guy he doesn't want if it goes bad Johnson is going to say well this isnt the QB i wanted to run my offense. Then there is turmoil.
When the GM picks his coach , they will be on the same page as to whom they pick at Qb . Neither Maye or Daniel’s are simply drop back passers . Both Run a lot and often and it’s lazy scouting to say otherwise