• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get well soon, Peter.

@Fan960Willis

An update for the many people worried about my broadcast partner, @Fan960Lou. Lou is dealing with some potentially serious health issues...

@Fan960Lou

Can't thank everyone enough for all the good vibes and wishes. Hoping the Drs have some good news soon. #goodpeople

just saw this now ... hope he gets sumkinda better ...and hope the flames players and the rest of the hockey world helps him

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw this now ... hope he gets sumkinda better ...and hope the flames players and the rest of the hockey world helps him

Peter Loubardias, a colour analyst on 660 NEWS’ sister station, Sportsnet 960 the Fan is back in Ontario battling serious health problems.

A GoFundMe page has now been set up to raise funds for trips to the clinic and hospital, and to help him afford medication and groceries.

It reads: “Due to the nature of his work, Lou doesn’t have health benefits. And, because he isn’t fit to work right now he’s losing his wages as he is paid on a per-event basis.”

Here's the gofundme link:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this gofundme page was started by Pat Steinberg (Fan 960 on-air personality) and some credible people have already made donations, so I don't think it's a scam. I tossed in $20, all the best to Loubo.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this gofundme page was started by Pat Steinberg (Fan 960 on-air personality) and some credible people have already made donations, so I don't think it's a scam. I tossed in $20, all the best to Loubo.
Be even better if the station said they'd match the money raised. Good bosses do that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be even better if the station said they'd match the money raised. Good bosses do that.

we're talking about radio here lol

/dont want to be alarmist or have dire thoughts about the whole go fund me for Peter but i cant help it because the first thing i thought of was what happened here locally a couple weeks ago to a former classmate and friend of my bro's, Tammy Moyer who worked for news1130, her coworkers/industry friends did a gofundme because she was diagnosed with cancer and she died a week after the page was set up ... rip

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Gilbertson @WesGilbertson
#Flames G Joni Ortio, pending RFA: "I'd love to be here long-term, I don't know if I've earned that long-term (deal) yet."

I'd certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ortio return as a backup, kid is only 24 and played well down the stretch.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I've earned that long-term (deal) yet.

Your career .901 sv%, including .902 this year, would state quite unequivocally that no, you have not earned that long-term deal yet. Not that I blame you for trying.

But I do agree dash, another year or two behind an actual legit #1 and there's hope for him yet. I'm not signing him to anything beyond the minimum, though. I also have no fucking idea where the Flames grab a #1 from, although...

Untitled.png

He was really damn good once he was playing for a playoff team (and probably stole anywhere from 5-10 pts for the Leafs before that).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Reimer come to Calgary on a two year deal (kind of a bridge contract?) at 4 to 4.5 million per season? I don't think there's too many other teams where he would immediately slot in as the number one goalie.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Reimer come to Calgary on a two year deal (kind of a bridge contract?) at 4 to 4.5 million per season? I don't think there's too many other teams where he would immediately slot in as the number one goalie.
If we're eliminating the Leafs as a landing spot (and I am, because I think they want to find a "franchise" goalie and are willing to wait for that), that leaves off the top of my head the Sharks, Isles, Canes, Yotes, Jets and Flames with potentially Dallas or Anaheim getting in on that too if they go out early and goaltending looks bad (so include Dallas for sure lol).

Pair that with the fact he's pretty much the only half-decent goaler available in the market and I think he's expecting at least a 4 year $20 mil deal assuming he doesn't shit the bed in the playoffs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pair that with the fact he's pretty much the only half-decent goaler available in the market and I think he's expecting at least a 4 year $20 mil deal assuming he doesn't shit the bed in the playoffs.

Yeah, four years makes me just a little uneasy, but no doubt Reimer would like that stability. I'd definitely prefer three years, that's for sure. Just no repeat of the 3-headed goalie monster.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, four years makes me just a little uneasy, but no doubt Reimer would like that stability. I'd definitely prefer three years, that's for sure. Just no repeat of the 3-headed goalie monster.
I was never Jimmy's biggest fan, but he is a better goalie than he gets credit for. On a team that isn't facing 35+ shots a night he should keep his team in most games and when you're desperate for a goalie that's about the best you can ask for; everything else is icing on the cake.

Thing is, of the 6 teams I mentioned you can bet that at least 3 will gun for him seriously and his price might jump way too high for it to make sense. If he starts creeping toward $6 mil+ we're getting into crazy territory.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, of the 6 teams I mentioned you can bet that at least 3 will gun for him seriously and his price might jump way too high for it to make sense. If he starts creeping toward $6 mil+ we're getting into crazy territory.

You make it sound like teams overpay during free agent frenzy. That's crazy talk.

:D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess since Hiller won't be back, he decided to throw his teammates under the bus. As I said before, thanks for 2014-15, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ryan Leslie: Plenty of reasons why the season didn't go the way the group wanted, but as it pertains to goaltending, why wasn't it there this year when a year ago it was?

Jonas Hiller: I don't know, I don't think goaltending was terrible here. I thought ... we give up a lot ahm ... it seems like ... you see so many high quality scoring chances against you and then you lose, and after that it's kind of tough to have confidence and go out there with confidence. I mean you can make a difference to a certain part, but it's not possible ... there's ah ... everybody around you is not playing at your best, so at the end, as a goalie it's not easy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many teams in the league that you can point out one problem and say "if it weren't for this, they would be in the playoffs.

The Flames and their goaltending are one of the few examples.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many teams in the league that you can point out one problem and say "if it weren't for this, they would be in the playoffs.

The Flames and their goaltending are one of the few examples.

Goaltending was the biggest problem for sure, but special teams weren't too far behind (PP was okay in the final 4-6 weeks of the season, but PK was bad all season long).